Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #31
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

1. Tupac
2. Eazy E
3. Ice Cube
4. Biggi
5. NWA
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #32
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What do the Beatles talk about? Gay ass submarines. You got rappers out there doin poetry. Tellin useful stories instead of a bunch of bowl cut homos in a yellow submarine. Go listen to some Tupac, he talks about injustice and unfairness in america and that > a yellow submarine

You think they are talking about submarine. Wow u freaking suck at linking things together.

Beatles were in the 60s and 70s when drugs were huge and what the hell does a submarine look like? A pill.

Wow and its not like rock and rap have never ever talked about drugs before.
BTW geewiz when a rap artist can play 4-5 instruments then come back and talk to me about rock and rap balancing out.

Bob Dylan is the BEST songwriter EVER without a doubt.

Ok I've said this before and you knuckleheads won't pay attention so I'll say it again.

Quote:
ROCK AND RAP BALANCE OUT.

Rock: relies on instrumental
Rap: relies on lyrics

Rock: controlled screaming
Rap: rhythmic talking

Rock: opera
Rap: poetry

Rock: guitars and a drum set
Rap: bass and snares

Rock: can be serious (Let Me Die In My Footsteps)
Rap: can be serious (Changes)

Rock: can be retarded, fun stuff (Flaming Lips)
Rap: can be retarded, fun stuff (Young Jeezy)

Rock: can be an exhibition of talent (Hendrix, Led Zep)
Rap: can be an exhibition of talent (Big L, Jay 7 min freestyle)

Rap and Rock are just different cultures way of expressing the same damn thing. They're really not that different. And neither is better than the other, both are legitimate artistic expression, leave it at that.

Hey geewiz, rock artists rely on lyrics too. Bob Dylan is by far the best songwrtier ever i kno i said this twice. Oasis is the best songwriter of all time. If rock relied on instruments then why r there singers in bands that dont play an instrument live?

Rock-controlled screaming Are u kidding me? U think all rock bands scream? Some of them actually sing.

What is this rock opera rap poetry thing? What r u talking about?

Although rappers can exhibit talent. Guitar solos without messing up for a really long time > rap spitting for a long time. But not by much. And most rap nowadays is about sex and **** and raises kids the wrong way. (IMO)

I dont really consider rapping as music. Tell me this then people why dont they ahve rappers perform at the super bowl anymore? O ya because they suck and embarras themselves. (Janent jackson boobie) But instead you have english rock bands play who probably kno very little about american football.

Face it rock > rap.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #33
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

neither rock nor rap is better than the other. They are two different animals. Either your going to relate to it or not. Its all a form of expression. Depending on how you were raised, situations your in, people you hang out with, etc etc, is how your going to feel about a certain music. its ignorant to say ones better than the other. I have no idea how you can compare pac to the beetles and how one is better than the other and vice versa. One thing i know for sure is that drugs tend to be the root of alot of good music.

the funny thing is the two guys arguing about this obviously hasn't given the other music a chance. beetles is not just about a yellow submarine, nor is rap music just about raising kids the wrong way. listen to geewiz, he's your friend. but yeh, bob dylan is one of the best song writers ever, that i'll agree to.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
BTW geewiz when a rap artist can play 4-5 instruments then come back and talk to me about rock and rap balancing out.
I'd like to see a roc artist have as good lyrics as Biggie Jay Z or Nas.

And no Bob Dylan is not even close to those guys. Just like those guys can't play 5 instruments. Balances out. Why this is so hard for you to grasp is a mystery to me. Oasis has great lyrics for a rock group but compared to even an average rapper (let's say The Game) they're inferior.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #35
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I'd like to see a roc artist have as good lyrics as Biggie Jay Z or Nas.

And no Bob Dylan is not even close to those guys.

I was agreeing with you till then. How can you dig nas and not dig dylan? They are essentially the same thing, just different time frame.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #36
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

top 5

1.Biggie
2.Pac
3.Jay-z
4.Big Pun
5.Nas
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #37
xfactor99
I hit open layups

xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far

I have two lists: Greatest and Favorite.
Greatest:
5. Jay-Z
4. Nas
3. Notorious B.I.G.
2. Rakim
1. Tupac

(interesting how they're all born in New York)

Favorite:
5. ? Used to be Canibus, but now he sucks
4. Nas
3. Murs
2. Last Emperor
1. Cunninlynguists
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #38
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor99
I have two lists: Greatest and Favorite.
Greatest:
5. Jay-Z
4. Nas
3. Notorious B.I.G.
2. Rakim
1. Tupac

(interesting how they're all born in New York)

Favorite:
5. ? Used to be Canibus, but now he sucks
4. Nas
3. Murs
2. Last Emperor
1. Cunninlynguists

damn, haven't heard some last emp in awhile.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #39
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You think they are talking about submarine. Wow u freaking suck at linking things together.

Beatles were in the 60s and 70s when drugs were huge and what the hell does a submarine look like? A pill.

Sorry that I haven't heard that ****ty song since I was in like 5th grade. I try to away from crap like that. I've heard it maybe once or twice in my entire life. Both of which were when I was 10 or younger.

Quote:
Wow and its not like rock and rap have never ever talked about drugs before.

Bob Dylan is the BEST songwriter EVER without a doubt.

When a rock artist can use as much creativity as rap artist come to me. Bob Dylan the best lyricist? No. The only reason people will tell you that is because more people will say his lyrics are better than Tupac's. Why? Because rock has been around much longer which gives it a much bigger fanbase. Rock songs have a much lower amount of bars, making them way easier to write, since they're so much shorter. Hip hop goes 32-48 original bars EVERY song.

Quote:
Rock-controlled screaming Are u kidding me? U think all rock bands scream? Some of them actually sing.

lmao. No response to this because GeeWiz was an idiot for making it in the first place.

Quote:
Although rappers can exhibit talent. Guitar solos without messing up for a really long time > rap spitting for a long time. But not by much. And most rap nowadays is about sex and **** and raises kids the wrong way. (IMO)

Not a freestyle and don't even try to say it is. Freestyles are all completely off the top of the head. One of the hardest things for the mind to do. Guitar Solo? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they practiced? You can't practice a freestyle. Enough said.

Quote:
I dont really consider rapping as music. Tell me this then people why dont they ahve rappers perform at the super bowl anymore? O ya because they suck and embarras themselves. (Janent jackson boobie) But instead you have english rock bands play who probably kno very little about american football.

Horrible point that's completely irrelevant. It's MTV that's not allowed to organize SuperBowl halftime shows. As long as it's not MTV, it's allowed.

You face it, Rap > Rock
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #40
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

If we are talking about straight up rapping abillity and not career sucess this would be my list

1.2Pac
2.AZ (most underrated rapper EVER)
3.Nas
4.Biggie
5.Big Pun
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #41
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Guitar Solo? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they practiced? You can't practice a freestyle. Enough said.

No ever heard of a jam session? Some bands perform jam sessions live with just guitar playing and improvise. Led Zep had to improvise a whole lot. If you mess up when u play live u gotta improvise and make up for it by playing solo.

And explain to me how rap is more creative? I think this should be a thread.

Rock vs. Rap

Quote:
Horrible point that's completely irrelevant. It's MTV that's not allowed to organize SuperBowl halftime shows. As long as it's not MTV, it's allowed.

You face it, Rap > Rock

I never said that rap isnt allowed but isnt asked to play anymore cus they suck. I respect Jay Z and kanye tho. Gangsta's Paradise is tite as well but rap just deosnt sound good. Beats are the same and they even steal music from rocks songs as their beats and ruin it. I hate it.

Cant spell Crap without rap.

Last edited by Hawker : 09-04-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #42
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default hmm

hmmm, the more i think about it.. the more i think Commons a top 5 all time rappppper.. yeaaaaaa
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #43
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

1. 2Pac
2. Eminem
3. Jay-Z
4. Ice Cube
5. The Game
6. Shaq and Ron Artest (Tru Warrior Records) LMFAO
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #44
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
No ever heard of a jam session? Some bands perform jam sessions live with just guitar playing and improvise. Led Zep had to improvise a whole lot. If you mess up when u play live u gotta improvise and make up for it by playing solo.

And explain to me how rap is more creative? I think this should be a thread.

Rock vs. Rap

I never said that rap isnt allowed but isnt asked to play anymore cus they suck. I respect Jay Z and kanye tho. Gangsta's Paradise is tite as well but rap just deosnt sound good. Beats are the same and they even steal music from rocks songs as their beats and ruin it. I hate it.

Cant spell Crap without rap.

Damn Hawker convinced me, now to get rid of the 700 hip hop songs on my Ipod
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #45
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
biggie is over-rated

all i know is 1.tupac

Biggie isn't overrated.

But Pac was, and still is the best.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: