Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Wow at NBA Live 08!!!

NBA Live 08 is underated. I think there is too much hype for NBA 2K games now that people don't even bother playing NBA Live.

Not 09, 08! I have been a 2K guy since 06, and seriously never even bothered playing NBA Live when I saw it in 05, 06, 07. I was at my friends house last night and we played NBA Live 08 on the Playstation 3 and it was isncredible. The graphics are amazing, and the gameplay is not glitchy at all (Like the old ones). Not only this, but there are no more fake dunks like there was in the previoius NBA Live titles, I think I dunked like 3 times a game (Although the dunks were flashy, they were only done on fast breaks)

I was tearing it up with Gilbert Arenas and basically wanted to say that this game is a definatly must have if you play basketball, not to mention the epic FIBA games (Spain ftw)
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
martinas23
Serious playground baller

martinas23 has decent reputationmartinas23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Wow at NBA Live 08!!!

I agree with you. Most guys just type live sucks and they haven't even played the game.
martinas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

I played Live 08 and hated it. The gameplay is horrible to me. I'm going to at least try Live 09(downloading demo later) but I don't expect too much different.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

When I played Live 08, I liked it at first too. I was extremely impressed with the presentation, graphics, and even the gameplay to an extent.

However, after you play the game for an extended amount of time, you start seeing the GLARING faults.

Rent it and you shall see.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Live 08 isn't as good as 2K8, and yes I've played both.

I wouldn't say Live is a terrible game, but that doesn't mean NBA 2K8 isn't still superior.

Of course, I prefer simulation play. Each to their own.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation

I have also played both. The freestyle motion type dribbling is ridiculous in Live, you can't stop anyone ever! I mean it's somewhat the same in 2k8 because it's easy to get by people, but in Live it is easier than easy to get by people, they might as well not be there. Live's gameplay is ridiculous in my opinion.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Wow at NBA Live 08!!!

Then 09 must be nothing like it...
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Live 08 sucks. The game play is overcomplicated, the AI sucks, and the graphics are vastly overrated. By the time you zoom out far enough to see the majority of the court, the guys are so ridiculously small it's pathetic.

The only thing Live 08 has over 2K8 is the presentation (the commentary in Live is phenomenal).

I rented both and played them each for a week before deciding that NBA 2k8 > NBA LIVE 08.

Particularly when Live 08 was $50, and 2K8 was $20.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by out|hoops|side
I have also played both. The freestyle motion type dribbling is ridiculous in Live, you can't stop anyone ever! I mean it's somewhat the same in 2k8 because it's easy to get by people, but in Live it is easier than easy to get by people, they might as well not be there. Live's gameplay is ridiculous in my opinion.

How is it hard to get by people in 2k8. I play superstar level and use "realistic sliders" I got from another site and my only complaint it is sometimes too hard to score on the computer. I use memphis, which is like the 2nd worst team and always have trouble scoring.

I guess this comes from when your using Lebron and / or Kobe and they go about dunking at shooting 70%.

Tweak your sliders a bit. Make it hard to dunk on people. Whenever I play with friends our FG% are always from 42%-50%, the only one who gets to shoot around 60% is my dumbass Laker bandwagon friend who pick an rolls everytime and make risky passes. Then again, I raised my steal sliders to 100 and even though he shoots 60%, he has like 20 turnovers to go along with it.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
How is it hard to get by people in 2k8. I play superstar level and use "realistic sliders" I got from another site and my only complaint it is sometimes too hard to score on the computer. I use memphis, which is like the 2nd worst team and always have trouble scoring.

I guess this comes from when your using Lebron and / or Kobe and they go about dunking at shooting 70%.

Tweak your sliders a bit. Make it hard to dunk on people. Whenever I play with friends our FG% are always from 42%-50%, the only one who gets to shoot around 60% is my dumbass Laker bandwagon friend who pick an rolls everytime and make risky passes. Then again, I raised my steal sliders to 100 and even though he shoots 60%, he has like 20 turnovers to go along with it.

Lol at the raising the steal sliders thing haha. I do need to adjust my sliders, I am looking for a very realistic basketball game, I hope 2k9's graphics are as good as the Live 09 demo and then it will pretty much be the ultimate bball game.
I don't use one superstar teams at all actually, I usually only play online and you can't tweak the sliders so it is always the same. I like how you miss a lot of layups as well but I also hate it, but it makes it more realistic so you don't just hit everything in close.
I still find it too easy too score though, relative to real life basketball...although I guess no one plays D in the NBA.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: