Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Just bought NBA2k8 for 12 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Very false.

False indeed.

There are still quite a handful of games left in the pipeline and a huge install base… approximately 140 million consoles worldwide

I'm looking forward to Thunder Force VI and Persona 4 coming soon on the PlayStation 2 console
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #17
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
False indeed.

There are still quite a handful of games left in the pipeline and a huge install base… approximately 140 million consoles worldwide

I'm looking forward to Thunder Force VI and Persona 4 coming soon on the PlayStation 2 console

Sonic R, you talk a LOT about japanese games on this forum. Do you live overseas, or do you have a modded PS2 or something? How do you play? I have the PAL version of Masters of the Universe and I've never been able to play it. I've looked into mod chips, but I don't want to put a mod chip in my only system, and the price hasn't really dropped on PS2 much. I mean it has.. but not since PS3 was released. It's still sitting tight at $130. Even the used ones aren't much savings at around $60 or so on Ebay.

I thought about buying a PAL PS2, but those seem to be extremely rare on Ebay (at least ebay.com, I understand there is ebay.co.uk or something, and other foreign ebay sites, maybe I should try those?) And I don't know if I could even get it to work with a NTSC television.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Sonic R, you talk a LOT about japanese games on this forum. Do you live overseas, or do you have a modded PS2 or something? How do you play? I have the PAL version of Masters of the Universe and I've never been able to play it. I've looked into mod chips, but I don't want to put a mod chip in my only system, and the price hasn't really dropped on PS2 much. I mean it has.. but not since PS3 was released. It's still sitting tight at $130. Even the used ones aren't much savings at around $60 or so on Ebay.

I thought about buying a PAL PS2, but those seem to be extremely rare on Ebay (at least ebay.com, I understand there is ebay.co.uk or something, and other foreign ebay sites, maybe I should try those?) And I don't know if I could even get it to work with a NTSC television.

Mathius

I live in Detroit
but yeah I enjoying playing many Japanese games, mainly stuff that never comes out here in the US… If it has a US release, I support it and buy that version.

I acutally have duplicate Japanese consoels for:
Xbox 360
PlayStation 2
Saturn
PC Engine

for Dreamcast, I just use a Utopia boot disc
for Gamecube, I use Free Loader
for PlayStation 1 I have a Game Hunter mod which just plugs into the back in the I/O port and a spring for the lid.
I have an X'eye that can play most Mega Drive games
I have a converter for my SNES that plays Super Famicom AND Famicom games.

Regarding PAL, I am not 100 percent sure what will and will not run on our NTSC tv's… On Dreamcast (the only system I have PAL games for) there are no problems with it running on NTSC. I have heard that some older consoles do have issues.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: