Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #31
Best~Kept~Secret
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Best~Kept~Secret has an OK reputation so far

whos SAR????
Best~Kept~Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #32
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

^ Shareef Abdur-Rahim...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

[quote=brwnman]sorry I truly forgot about clearing your doubts... what I meant to say and which I didn't clear up was that Rob Babcock had two choices at the time of making the trade...

QUOTE]

You asked a questions, just wanted to see if I answered it...just respect bro. Obviously don't need you to back up my thoughts, but like I said, just wanted to answer the Q.

Well, the VC deal at least stopped Babcock from making an even worse pick of Graham, if he was going to go after him at #7.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #34
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhui
Don't know what this love affair with Joey Graham is. He is a PF trapped in a SF's body. The guy has strength but lacks quickness and doesn't have great hops either. Most of the time he looks lost in the game. Isn't he already like 24 and he is entering the 2nd year of his career. The guy was suppose to be a player with heart and play good D but I have yet to see either. Seems everyone is expecting a 180 degree turn this season... Hopefully but then again Colangelo was not about to wait hence bringing in Graham 2.0 in Tucker. I rather put my money on Tucker for now.

Not all players have a stellar first year. Some of the best players took several seasons before they made an impact on their team.

It's maybe not so much a love affair as it is give the guy a chance; a couple of seasons.

Okay sure he is 24 but what are you going to get for him if you try trading him now anyways? Not much.

We'll see how Tucker and the other players impact Graham's motivation.

Some 'fans' have no patience. If Bargnani struggles in his first season there will be some saying he is a bust.

Give me a break.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #35
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
first of all I am brwnman, and not brwntown... I explained why the Carter trade gave us Charlie, because if we didn't have that pick, we would be taking Joey Graham at #7 (our original pick) instead of him at #16 which we got from NJ... because trading Carter for just cap space ie. Shareef Abdur Rahim would leave a void at SF...

I know Babcock wasn't the smartest GM (obviously) but I doubt he would have taken graham with the 7th pick overall, if thats wat ur saying....
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #36
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
I know Babcock wasn't the smartest GM (obviously) but I doubt he would have taken graham with the 7th pick overall, if thats wat ur saying....

He would have, that is what I am saying... his hand would be forced too and he would have a decision to make where he has either Antoine Wright, Graham, Granger or Green... so it would end up being either Graham or Wright...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #37
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

lol lookat darko milicic. once u give him playing time and he gets settled down, hes actually a pretty good player. i think even if u gave hoffa some playing time, and the Tdot fans werent booing him all the time, he mite be an OK player too.. but hey, u want to hate on golden graham, have at him. i just think that with time he mite become a bruce bowen sort of player. defensive lockdown kinda guy haha
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #38
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
lol lookat darko milicic. once u give him playing time and he gets settled down, hes actually a pretty good player. i think even if u gave hoffa some playing time, and the Tdot fans werent booing him all the time, he mite be an OK player too.. but hey, u want to hate on golden graham, have at him. i just think that with time he mite become a bruce bowen sort of player. defensive lockdown kinda guy haha

agree! I think the 'fans' who booed were cowards and ignorant.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #39
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

This is a separate arguement, but are you seriously saying that had Hoffa been given mins and not booed he could have been good?!

In many cases I agree that you can't hate on a guy who hasn't been given much of an opportunity (like a Gerald Green/Antoine Wright etc etc). But how many chances did you want the Raps to give Hoffa!!! My god that guy was given SOOOOO many chances and he sucked every time. I was actually surprised the Raps gave him as many chances as they did. Hoffa is not an example of a player who wasn't given an opportunity.

And this isn't hating on Graham, it's discussing if taking another player may have been better or not.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #40
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
He would have, that is what I am saying... his hand would be forced too and he would have a decision to make where he has either Antoine Wright, Graham, Granger or Green... so it would end up being either Graham or Wright...

Dude, that 16th pick was entirley NEED, Babcock showed before with the Villanueva pick that he wasn't JUST gonna take a SF with the 7th. Was Villanuave a sf? no, that means he could have taken basically any positon since he drafted someone behind of all people Bosh.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #41
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
Dude, that 16th pick was entirley NEED, Babcock showed before with the Villanueva pick that he wasn't JUST gonna take a SF with the 7th. Was Villanuave a sf? no, that means he could have taken basically any positon since he drafted someone behind of all people Bosh.

he would be forced to pick a SF or at the very least trade for one, but knowing that we didn't have many assets, it'd prob. be just from the draft... and that extra pick enabled us to take a chance at the best player available and get a SF later on...
Old 09-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #42
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

well Rob Babcock is the assistant GM of the Wolves now, so Mike James and KG should have fun wit that
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #43
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

This team cannot wait for Joey Graham to develop. And he wont cause the pressure is on Mitchell this year. He wont play him much if he's not going to be consistent, just garbage time. Perhaps in pre-season and first few weeks of the season.
I agree with alot of others on here, i remember the draft and Grangers knee was a huge concern. I dont blame them for not taking him.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: