Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default This is the least amount of anticipation I have ever seen on this forum!

In my however many years I have been on this board, I have never seen this little anticipation for the upcoming season. Usually, we'd have more trolls by now, and new topics and old topics being discussed to death for the upcoming season. I know people here are waiting for the season to arrive, but usually there is much more discussion about it (from the raptors' perspective), but not so much this year. I am expecting to see an increase of trolls come October 15th onwards...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is the least amount of anticipation I have ever seen on this forum!

I'm just waiting for my work schedule for the end of Oct. to be posted soon. It will be a hell of a time to trade or try to get rid of a shift Friday night on Halloween. It's not even about that. Screw Halloween but I NEED to be there at the ACC for that home opener.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: This is the least amount of anticipation I have ever seen on this forum!

I just need to find work. I haven't been looking much, but I need one...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 AM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Well we don't really have anymore young developing talent unless you count Bargnani so it's really just a matter of seeing whether or not JO can go for 18/10 over the season and if the roster can stay relatively healthy. If those two criteria are matched then we can worry about how we fare against our opponents in the second round. I firmly believe we can advance past the first round though.

Prediction 49 wins.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

What's up with that? We have to shake things up around here!!!! If October 31st is the home openner, I think I might have a little road-trip to plan...
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I'm not full of "anticipation" because I am worried about a big let-down this season. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have visions of the Lottery in our future, and until the season gets started and proves me wrong, I will fear the worst.

No Rasho = No Playoffs
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Well we don't really have anymore young developing talent unless you count Bargnani so it's really just a matter of seeing whether or not JO can go for 18/10 over the season and if the roster can stay relatively healthy. If those two criteria are matched then we can worry about how we fare against our opponents in the second round. I firmly believe we can advance past the first round though.

Prediction 49 wins.

True. For the here and now the Raps have suddenly become a 'right now' team. Bargnani might still get the benefit of the doubt from a couple people, but unless you're really optimistic about Roko Ukic that's about the extent of the upside we have to look forward to. As good as JO might be, I don't see even his best case scenario quite matching up to his glory days in Indy.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Call it silent optomism. This season depends on JO, and we are all little fearful of what that could mean. With JO playing, kapono has room on the outside to shoot and his defensive lapses are mitigated. With JO, if Bargnani hasn't developed it's less critical. With JO, Sam has to be better coach (at least I hope), with JO interior defense should be better, with JO rebounding should be improved and second chance points for the opposition should be kept in check.

If the JO experiment fails I think we all know the season it toast. We have waited for Bargnani, waited for Graham, hoped kapono would be worth his salary, hoped Sam would learn the game, and we all know that counting on a combination of those things to happen, like we did last year is wishful at best.

It's JO or nothing this year.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

My anticipation is this...

Will Bosh bring on D like he did in the Olympics.

Will JO also bring it on D

The scoring is there....so if they bring on D...it will be contagious for the whole team.

I think they will bring it. So im very optomistic about this year.

Im actually realistically optomistic.

I really cant wait for the start of the season and the fantasy pools that go with it.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Whats left to anticipate??

No team in disarray

No Vince Carter wnating out of town

No need to fire the GM

No need to fire the coach

No bad draft choice for a position player to high in the ranking.

Universal suspicion - even by pro writters - that if JO works out - the Raptors hsould be a playoff team and could go a couple of rounds.

Maybe I should start a thread about the 2009 lottery pick?
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As others have said in this thread, its because this year we're not depending on a draft pick or a youth movement. We are definitely still anticipating the season with optimism, but its a case where we know that our team is already good, our improvement is depending almost solely on JO. So i'm looking forward to see if he's really 100% and how he will help us, but as B4Ball said its more of a silent optimism. I'm taking the wait and see approach.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: