Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default IGN Talks Halo 4

Quote:
Halo 4: The Way it Should Be
What are the next Halo game's must-have features? We debate the future of the franchise.
by IGN Xbox 360 Team

September 11, 2008 - When Bungie announced in August that it was parting ways with Microsoft to return to its independent roots, Halo fans everywhere had a collective panic attack. What would become of the Halo universe that Bungie had so painstakingly cultivated over the past decade? Would Master Chief be destined to forever float frozen in space?

This year's E3 promised to clear up the confusion once and for all when Bungie slapped a teaser countdown on its Website assuring fans that something big was in the works. But it wasn't to be, and Halo's E3 absence left a gaping hole in Microsoft's presence at the show.

Then the Official Xbox Magazine dropped a megaton rumor: Independent developer Gearbox Software, makers of the Brothers in Arms series and the upcoming Borderlands shooter, is reportedly working on the next Halo game. Studio head Randy Pitchford has confirmed that his company is working on a massive unannounced project, but Gearbox has stopped short of confirming the Halo rumors.

If it's true, Gearbox has taken on the biggest challenge since The Flood came to town. Halo is one of the most beloved franchises in videogame history, and its fans are notoriously rabid about their favorite series. What would a "Halo 4" from Gearbox look like? How should it feel? Where and when should it take place? What role should Master Chief play? They aren't easy questions, and there are no simple answers, but the IGN Xbox Team is up to the task. We've debated the pros and cons of three major aspects of a possible Gearbox Halo game story, gameplay and online multiplayer and recorded the results of our arguments below. What should Gearbox do with the Halo legacy (spoiler alert)? Depends on who you ask.

IGN: Halo 4: The Way it Should Be

The article continues, and is a pretty interesting read. I completely disagree with the guy that suggests changing Halo's combat system to incorporate cover and a group of people you control. Their system is a classic that shouldn't be greatly tinkered with. Undoubtedly they could find an interesting storyline if such a game was being made. I like the idea about it being when humans are just colonizing and encountering the Covenant.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: IGN Talks Halo 4

Wait till next system... but I would love a Halo 4. No matter what you think about Halo 3 storyline, the online play has made it one of the best xbox games to play.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Wait till next system... but I would love a Halo 4. No matter what you think about Halo 3 storyline, the online play has made it one of the best xbox games to play.

Did you look at the article? They were talking about it like it was for the next XBox.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
IGN: Halo 4: The Way it Should Be

The article continues, and is a pretty interesting read. I completely disagree with the guy that suggests changing Halo's combat system to incorporate cover and a group of people you control. Their system is a classic that shouldn't be greatly tinkered with. Undoubtedly they could find an interesting storyline if such a game was being made. I like the idea about it being when humans are just colonizing and encountering the Covenant.
Generally, I hate having to control AI guys. It's a pain in the butt.

I've got an XBOX360, and i've yet to play Halo. I should buy all of them cheap. I've played about 10 minutes of multiplayer Halo 2 at a friends house.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Generally, I hate having to control AI guys. It's a pain in the butt.

I've got an XBOX360, and i've yet to play Halo. I should buy all of them cheap. I've played about 10 minutes of multiplayer Halo 2 at a friends house.

If you have live you have a gaping hole in your collection.
If you don't, you're missing out on an amazing game with 1 and 2 and not missing anything with 3.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: