Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default a Nets season preview

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=176370&hubname=nba

though it's a Canadian site, I do agree with every point made here.

this guy knows the Nets are a dangerous team, but not a championship caliber team.

though I'm not sure why everone holds every team up to that standard.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

he basically just dumped on Krstic, something I don't agree with, saying he just an average center with average skill and that he needed a really good PF next to him to help him out, even though he's proven that's not true. I don't agree with him...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The guy is a VC hater. What do you expect from Canadians?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

while I support my tema, I want to view it critically as a good GM should.

essentially, Krstic has a soft touch, and several cool pivot moves.

but I guess this guy only saw how Krstic faded in the Miami series this year and wrote that
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
he basically just dumped on Krstic, something I don't agree with, saying he just an average center with average skill and that he needed a really good PF next to him to help him out, even though he's proven that's not true. I don't agree with him...
I agree. Look, Krstic has only a couple years under his belt. How old is he? 23,24? With three superstars on his team he has managed to make a name for himself. He has evan entertained the possibilities of people calling the Nets "The Big Four" Are you kidding me? Stop hating on the Nets! It's obvious he has some personal issues against Carter. Yes, the Nets need bench help. Though the attack on the Nets "Big Four" that's Right "FOUR" is garbage.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I love how he starts it off "I'm a fan of the Nets," but then goes on to say that stuff as if he's never watched the team.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

late reply here, but what the hell...

funny how a lot of sportswriters (or maybe writers in general) feel the need to come up with penetrating insights, and if they don't have any then they try to manufacture them. this guy's 'shocking exposť' of the article is that kristic is a stiff:
Quote:
Now, I know that statistically he had a good year last year, but this guy is a fraud. He isn't nearly as good as he's been made out to be, and Indiana and Miami made that abundantly clear in the playoffs. He has absolutely no command of his man on defense, and his entire offense exists of sticking twelve-foot jumpers. He is allergic to the paint, averaging six boards and three free throw attempts per game, and even then he shot below 70% from the stripe. He can't handle the ball, he can't rebound nearly well enough to carry a fast-break team, and he's the best they've got in the middle.
in the first place, how do you get off calling a young, developing center a "fraud"?? the guy was clearly developing as the season went along, and now has an offseason free of responsibility to work on his body/toughness. how do you in good conscience call a young man who has not yet reached his potential a fraud? especially in a league filled with very few true centers? it's a very unintelligent observation IMO.

as for man defense- he was clearly improving as the season went along and again should be more muscular for next season. also he seemed to be developing in the paint so the idea that 'he's only good for 12-foot jumpers' is not valid to me. not to mention, players who can hit midrange jumpers reliably are quite valuable so that talent should be recognised, not belittled. as for rebounding, no question as a center he should be getting more, and it's quite possible he'll never reach average figures in rebounding. altho once again, the added muscle should help.

last thing i'll mention, and to me this helps show the guy has an agenda with krstic, pointing out that he only hits 70% free throws at this point in his career is absurd. the more game-time free throws he takes the more comfortable he's going to get and the better his average should become. the league is full of veterans who steadily improved their free throw % with practice and experience. i mean give me a break, complaining about a second-year player only hitting 70%?? there are centers who've been in the league for ages and can still barely hit a free throw- wallace and shaq, anybody?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
What do you expect from Canadians?

Ummm Im Canadian and I love the nets and VC....
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: