Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #16
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

kobe by himself is worth around 35-40 wins, throw in odom and a few role players, and you have a .500 team
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Tail Gate has an OK reputation so far
Default From worst to best

1. Portland Trailblazers
    They have a very young team and a bunch of veterans that want minutes (Randolph, Miles, Pryzbilla, LaFrentz and Magloire). Having no veteran point guard hurts, and this team will struggle, but find themselves looking good in one of the deepest bigmen drafts in recent history.
  2. Charlotte Bobcats
    They have a solid young core, but they seem to have a lot of injuries each year, and I believe Brevin Knight will be traded through the season, and I see him as being their key to stability and success.
  3. Boston Celtics
    Too many young guys, and not enough veteran leadership. Paul Pierce might be questioning his decision to stay in Boston after this season, unless the Celtics get some veteran talent like they claim they're trying to do.
  4. Atlanta Hawks
    The Hawks should improve dramatically, but they are led by a sidekick type of player in Joe Johnson and need a star to emerge from Atlanta, hopefully Marvin Williams can carry over his strong summer league play to take Harrington's role. The front court and point guard spot have had great upgrades.
  5. Golden State Warriors
    All offense, no defense, the new "clippers". Except these guys are overpaid, and under-achieving. They need a low post scoring threat that can play in a run and gun type of system. I have heard that the Warriors are having a long hard look at Zach Randolph (for Troy Murhpy). He is in shape, and should vastly improve their low post game. His "zero defensive ability" shouldn't bother Coach Nelson.
  6. Seattle Supersonics
    What have they done this offseason? All signs point to Ray Allen leaving town in the next year and a half. They added a young French defensive player, and they have probably the youngest and most inexperienced center trio ever. Chris Wilcox will need to make huge strides for this team to even sniff the playoffs.
  7. Philadelphia 76ers
    Aging Iverson and Webber. They have basically just added two swingmen this offseason, Jones and Carney. So really the same team from last year. I feel sorry for Iverson. P.S. When is Iggy going to break out? After winning MVP at the Rookie-Sophmore game it should be his time to shine, as history suggests.
  8. New York Knicks
    They should be improved, but they are still undersized in the backcourt, and lack any sort of style and roles. Is Marbury their go-to-guy? What sort of running offense can utilise Eddy "Chubby" Curry? He is after all their best low post option. I doubt he could succeed in a run and gun styled team. Their lack of defensive intensity will hurt them, and they won't be able to play Phoenix Suns style basketball (like they want to) because they lack the outside shooters, after all Steve Francis is slotted in to start at shooting guard, and Jared Jeffries at small forward.
  9. Minnesota Timberwolves
    A great lineup of guards, but still nothing at center, and KG plays mainly in the high post. I just don't see this team being able to beat the likes of the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz and Kins for that 8th spot.
  10. Toronto Raptors
    They will surpise a lot of teams. Running and gunning their way to about 40 wins. They are going to play beyond their ability in the sort of system they will go with, especially once Sam Mitchell gets fired mid season and they make their run for the playoffs. The Bucks could have this place here, because the Raptors are going to suprise some teams. They have accumulated the right pieces to have a solid team. I want to see how Garbajosa transfers to the NBA, he reminds me of Nocioni.

Last edited by Tail Gate : 09-04-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Tail Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
Bobcats
Celtics
Memphis
Warriors
Sixers
Raptors
Trailblazers
Timberwolves
Sonics
Knicks

in that order from worst to best

Highlighted=Wrong, and badly.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #19
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
at the knicks being better than any of those teams... The only team they are a little better than is the blazers but their future lookin better with aldrige and roy. Seriously. Knicks suck get over it

I wouldn't write the Knicks off. I think my rankings are fairly accurate.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 AM   #20
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
at the knicks being better than any of those teams... The only team they are a little better than is the blazers but their future lookin better with aldrige and roy. Seriously. Knicks suck get over it
You sir,... are retarted. Knicks have lots of good players. If chemistry is there, we will be a decent team.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #21
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
You sir,... are retarted. Knicks have lots of good players. If chemistry is there, we will be a decent team.

It's retarded

Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #22
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
lakers won't make the playoffs, but like i always say, arguing with laker fans is like arguing with people who don't speak english.

Ever been to L.A.? Half of em don't.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #23
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
lakers won't make the playoffs, but like i always say, arguing with laker fans is like arguing with people who don't speak english.
That's nice to know. Just a reminder, we had a better record than the Kings last year and WE TOO had a great run at the end of the season going 11-3. So don't give me that "A full season with Artest" crap. You LOST Bonzi. And Artest is great, but you can't put all your faith in him, he's a ticking time bomb.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #24
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
That's nice to know. Just a reminder, we had a better record than the Kings last year and WE TOO had a great run at the end of the season going 11-3. So don't give me that "A full season with Artest" crap. You LOST Bonzi. And Artest is great, but you can't put all your faith in him, he's a ticking time bomb.

Agreed.

Let's look at what each team has gained and lost:

Quote:
Sacramento:
Gains: Quincy Douby, Justin Williams, Loren Woods, Louis Amundson, John Salmons, Eugene Jeter
Losses: Bonzi Wells

"they are really relying on the improvement of Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia, all these additions don't equate to much."

Quote:
LA Lakers:
Gains: Vladimir Radmanovic, Jordan Farmer, Maurice Evans, J.R. Pinnock, Shammond Williams
Losses: Jim Jackson, Devin Green

"they have added the shooter the need to stretch the floor for Kobe, and have added a bunch of role players that can really fit in well in Jackson's triangle. Williams and Radmanovic are great additions."

The Lakers were better last year and have added more firepower than the Kings. Add the fact that Bynum has a whole year under his belt and the Lakers look a good 5-10 wins better than the Kings.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #25
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Good point Tailgate. But we lost George as well which is not saying much. People are going to be surprised by Shammond Williams. You don't become the European MVP for nothing. He's quicker than Parker (Thank God) his Basketball IQ is higher, he plays better D and can knock down the open jumper. That's all we need from our PG. We don't need an athletic 6'4 guard that can't run or play D and chokes in important situations.

Add to that the addition of Radmanovic, and this team is vastly improved.
Farmar and Bynum are future projects, no one knows if they will pan out, I think Farmar has a better chance to succeed in this league than Bynum does. He's way more competitive, and has great BBall IQ for a 19 year old.

Bottom Line: Radmanovic, Odom, Bryant will cause crazy matchup problems all game long, no matter who they will play. And if Kwame continues his play from the playoffs, this team can go very deep in the playoffs.

Don't sleep on Evans either, he'll be getting a good amount of PT whenever they face teams with good perimeter players. He's a very good defender that can knock down the 3 with consistency.

Chris Mihm is one of the best backup Centers in the league, most teams don't even have a Center as solid as him.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #26
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Blazers - I think they would be better of giving away Miles and Randolph. Lets see Jack/Roy/Webster/Aldridge/Pryzbilla. Trailblazer have a new fresh start right in front of them now can they get rid of there cancers. Oh yes a Francis/QRich for Randolph/Miles deal would make me happy as a Roy fan.

Atlanta Hawks - Your superstar played all summer and is expected to carry this team. Sheldon is to small/inexperienced to play C in the NBA. Great future but they need to fill some holes. I hope they make a few small trades but let the idea of JJ/Smith/Williams/Williams develope into a fast young good team.

Charlotte Bobcats - Morrison wins ROY. They win the lottery. Add Oden to this team and you could end up with a dynasty. Felton/Vince(he will sign here if they get Oden)/Morrison/Okafor/Oden bench with G. Wallace and May. Add in what they get for Knight great up and coming team but this yr will struggle.

Seattle SuperSonics - Had a great season 2 yrs ago. Lost there coach and the franchise has gone to ****. Lewis will most likely opt out after this season, Sonics have put it out they are not garaunteed to resign Collision and Ridnour. If all three are goin to happen Ray Allen will want out. They drafted a project center for a 3rd straight yr. This team confuses the **** out of me.

Minnesota Timberwolves - Take a great player and do retarded things to ruin his career. You get the TWolves. Garnett is not a great leader. Foye and James will have issues. TWolves want to win now and might have killed any type of future they could have. Bad contract, bad chemistry, unhappy superstar = bad season

Boston Celtics - Paul Peirce isn't enough. Telfair willl continue to struggle. The young Forward aren't ready and Theo is to old to help. Wally is slow and a defencive liability. Celtics have two players who could be the peice to some team close to winning it all but they waste them on a rebuilding team. Either trade there youth for win now or Peirce and Wally for more youth. Stop Screwing this franchise.

Golden State Warriors - Nellie could get this team to fight for a playoff spot. But he is handcuffed. Hopefully JRich is fine after his surgery. Baron will need to buy into a system and those bad contracts will have to play like they deseve the money. Could NEllie get this team to play the way they ended the 2004 season.

New York Knicks - What a waste. I hope in 5 - 7 yrs we aren't watching Jameer Nelson and Chris Paul as the new Marbury and Francis. To much indivual talent and not enough team players. If Zeke think his bad draft pick and overpaying Jeffries will save this miss-mash of a team. I hope New York learns and tries to restart. Frye is goin to be a solid 18 / 8 type player if he gets a good system and players around him.

This is where it gets hard.

Milwaukee - This team is young and good. Blake/Redd/Simmons/Villy/Bogut. Could be goo could be horrible. There coach sucks and that is what will kill them.

76ers - AI and Webber will get you 50 / 15 / 12 / 3 steals. But Iggy, Korver, and Sammy D are the player to play around them. Might we see a trade

Raptors - Bosh is good but not good enough to carry a team. They are weak at the 1 - 3. And Ford is not proven. Rasho?? BC has started his plan but it will take a few years to develope/

Grizzlies - No Pau lots of problems. I know it a month but this team is young. This makes me want to cry.

Lakers - don't flame me I think they could make the playoffs but then again they could bomb like 2 yrs ago. Not saying it will happen but it could.

Orlando - They could make a run at the playoffs and develope. Continue what they did at the end of the season or show there inexperience and youth.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:41 AM   #27
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

One thing to remeber is the 8th Ranks team in East was much worse then the 10 ranked in the West.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #28
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

One thing I don't get: no one included Utah, which I applaud, given the fact that they're a heckofa team if healthy.

But how come so many included Charlotte? They had the same problems Utah had last year, and got an incredible rookie this year. I surely don't have them among the worst 10.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #29
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Lakers got the best coach in basketball, arguably the best basketball player in the world...Odom who has played terrific last season after the all-star break...we upgraded our PG position slightly, added a good outside shooter...and then you have Bynum who I believe will be an impact player for LA. You forget LA didn't have Mihm against Phoenix, his presence would have helped LA...if Kwame was able to score on that weak frontline I'm pretty sure Mihm would have been effective.

People like "Miami>LA" claims that LA fans don't know what they're talking about...yet this kid got grammar of a 2 year old.

Hey, did you pass first grade math?
Ok, even if LA is 9th or 10th best team in the west (that's pushing it)...there is what 32 teams in the association?

Are you somehow claiming there is 12 teams better then LA in the east coast?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #30
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

In No Particular Order:

Philadephia
Boston
Toronto
New York
Milwaukee
Atlanta
Orlando
Charlotte
Seattle
Minnesota
Portland
Utah
Golden State
New Orleans

That's 14 teams who I believe are worse then the Lakers...I will only even bother arguing if you said Utah and New Orleans...rest are clearly below the Lakers in this league. Hell, nothing makes Washington better then the Lakers either.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: