Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Not much going on in the world of the Grizzlies.....Predictions?

Let's get a prediction thing going for next season, I'm bored and there's not much going on invloving the Grizz, apart from Wallace's stupidity of trying to bring in Randolph.

So here's my predictions for next season (using the roster we currently have):

Record: 29 - 53
Scoring leader: Gay
Rebounding leader: Darko
Assist leader: Conley
Blocks: Darko
Steals: Lowry

Fouls: Arthur (not really a good thing, but I'm sure he will be the leader of this category)
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Not much going in the world of the Grizzlies.....Predictions?

I predict we will be much better than we are on paper just because we have a much more well rounded team last year.

Enough of I predict, i'd say I HOPE:

1. Darko rediscovers his jump shot and adds another post move apart form his left hook, and averages a double double, and starts at PF.

2. Gay matures into a leader who is willing to pass to Mayo

3. Conley does not get injured and builds on his great play in summer league.

4. Mayo becomes our first legit SG since Michael Dickerson (yes Miller was a SF)

5. Gasol stays out of foul trouble and show Kendrick Perkins stats.

By the way, how old is Warrick? Is there any chance for him to bulk up? Or is he destined to be a tweener off the bench?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would love it if Darko added more to his game than just relying on that left jumper. I swear he must use that move everytime he gets the ball in the post. Granted, it does look relatively smooth and if he took his time when performing that move, he'd be a lot more consistent with it. However, it couldn't hurt at all, to add some a few more basic moves that will allow him to put a few more points on his stat sheet.

Warrick is 26. He could put some weight on, I wish he would, but I doubt he will. I think he will remain a tweener kind of player. Now that we have more size, I think we will be seeing him play some SF this season. He's way too small for the C position, not to mention we actually have some talent there this season, he's also too small to play the PF position, but he is definitly skilled enough to play SF, though he may struggle with the perimeter D.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

We really need to find a back-up shooting guard. Buckner is not the answer. I guess Crittenton can play the 2 in some situations.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
We really need to find a back-up shooting guard. Buckner is not the answer. I guess Crittenton can play the 2 in some situations.

Our backup right now is Marko Jaric. Though I'd prefer crittenton, Marko trumps Javaris in size and shooting.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Behind Mayo, the main guys to be playing SG are, Buckner, Jaric and Crittenton. It seems decent for now, but something will have to be done by the next offseason, at the latest, to bring in a suitable backup.

Crittenton will most likely spend more time at the 2 than 1, with Conley and Lowry taking up most of the time at the 1 and the spare minutes will probably get dished around to Critt, Mayo and Jaric.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Who else here is glad the Randolph rumors died down
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I woke up this morning expecting to see atleast something on the main forum about Randolph, but when I checked and there was nothing there, I was so pleased. Infact, words cannont describe how happy I am that there are no longer rumours about it. Hopefully the rumours have completely died, because I was not feeling good last week about a potential cancer coming to the Grizzlies.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Record: 25-57
Scoring Leader: Gay
Rebounding Leader: Warrick
Assist Leader: Conley
Steals: Mayo
Old 09-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

32 - 50
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Who else here is glad the Randolph rumors died down
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 AM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Ok, let's go:

Record: 28-54
Scoring Leader: Gay
Rebounding Leader: Gasol
Assist Leader: Conley
Steals: Mayo

28 is probably too much, but I love to be optimistic in life.

On the Randolph's rumors...
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I don't think that 28 wins is out of the question at all. We racked up 22 wins last season, with a dreadful team. Now we have a lot more talent and potential in the team and I think we should be able to improve last year's record and I don't think that improving it by 5,6 or 7 wins is out of the question. However, if Randolph does land here *prays to God that he doesn't* then you can say goodbye to any winning at all.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

I'm calling it now, Mayo wins R.O.Y.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #15
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I don't think that 28 wins is out of the question at all. We racked up 22 wins last season, with a dreadful team. Now we have a lot more talent and potential in the team and I think we should be able to improve last year's record and I don't think that improving it by 5,6 or 7 wins is out of the question. However, if Randolph does land here *prays to God that he doesn't* then you can say goodbye to any winning at all.

Talent wise, our team was much better than 22 wins last year. I don't think that 28 wins could be guaranteed with this roster unless things change so much. And when I say things I say coaching.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: