Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #16
vincentda
Decent playground baller

wow, I guess most people here haven't seen the original.

Saw it, bought it the SE DVD in the wooden box but I have no intentions of watching this or any other american remake of decent films.

I didn't care for Pulse so I don't mind the remake but I read that Funny Games is going to be remade. It has the same director but history shows that foreign directors usually end up messing up with american versions.
vincentda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

No movies coming out lately interest me until Man of the Year and The Prestige, which looks really really good
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
No movies coming out lately interest me until Man of the Year and The Prestige, which looks really really good

When's "The Prestige" coming out?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #19
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

I think November

EDIT: October 20th
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Its a shame that the Wickerman is reportedly so bad The writer/director Neil LaBute has done some of the most interesting writing of the last 10 years, including In the Company of Men, Your Friends and Neighbors, The Shape of Things. He is Kevin Smith with mean spirit

His movies are always nasty and slightly uneven, but good to watch.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Spoiler ahead...

Ok, Cage goes off looking for this girl because the mother wrote him a letter saying her little girl is missing (the mother happened to be his ex-girlfriend, thats why he cared)

He sets off to the island, he gets there to find out the island is pretty weird & they have strange traditions/rituals. The mother then tells Cage that the little girl is his daughter, so he is even more intent on finding her. However, everyone in the village doesn't know who the little girl is, she must be dead. Cage doesn't buy it. He keeps looking & looking. One of the rituals they have is to burn someone alive if the last crop wasn't up to standards, for it brings good fortune in the coming years. The day of this ritual the person the island is burning is Cages' little girl, so he goes off & rescues her. They run in the woods for a little & the girl leads him back to the same place they were gonna burn her. Here is the twist - the little girl runs back to her mother with her mother replying to her daughter "good job."

You see, it was all a plan to get Cage in that position so the whole village could gang up on him and burn HIM to death. It's suppose to be REALLY good luck if you burn a blood relative of a child I guess? The mother was in on this as well, so they hit him a few times & break his legs I assumed & proceeded to put him in this wood thing. The daughter has a peice of stick that has a flame on the end and sets the thing on fire & Cage burns to death.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #22
Milkman

i recommend everyone see this movie because it is unintentionally funny. Cage has some classic funny lines/moments.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #23
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
i recommend everyone see this movie because it is unintentionally funny. Cage has some classic funny lines/moments.
NO!
This is one of those movies you don't want to give money to. If you really wanna see how bad/non-sensical it is, dl it! Even then I would say it ain't worth the effort.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #24
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
NO!
This is one of those movies you don't want to give money to. If you really wanna see how bad/non-sensical it is, dl it! Even then I would say it ain't worth the effort.
i know its sh!t, i guess im pretty easy going and just found it sh!t and funny.

Im a Cage fan tho
Old 09-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #25
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
i know its sh!t, i guess im pretty easy going and just found it sh!t and funny.

Im a Cage fan tho
This doesn't bode well for Cage's next movie, "Ghost Rider".
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Spoiler ahead...

Ok, Cage goes off looking for this girl because the mother wrote him a letter saying her little girl is missing (the mother happened to be his ex-girlfriend, thats why he cared)

He sets off to the island, he gets there to find out the island is pretty weird & they have strange traditions/rituals. The mother then tells Cage that the little girl is his daughter, so he is even more intent on finding her. However, everyone in the village doesn't know who the little girl is, she must be dead. Cage doesn't buy it. He keeps looking & looking. One of the rituals they have is to burn someone alive if the last crop wasn't up to standards, for it brings good fortune in the coming years. The day of this ritual the person the island is burning is Cages' little girl, so he goes off & rescues her. They run in the woods for a little & the girl leads him back to the same place they were gonna burn her. Here is the twist - the little girl runs back to her mother with her mother replying to her daughter "good job."

You see, it was all a plan to get Cage in that position so the whole village could gang up on him and burn HIM to death. It's suppose to be REALLY good luck if you burn a blood relative of a child I guess? The mother was in on this as well, so they hit him a few times & break his legs I assumed & proceeded to put him in this wood thing. The daughter has a peice of stick that has a flame on the end and sets the thing on fire & Cage burns to death.

That's pretty much it. That car crash in the beginning had very little to do with the movie. The only thing that remotely made the movie was when Nic Cage one shot the fat broad and knocked her out. I hate movies with no vindication, especially when he lead character is a cool guy.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #27
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Default haha

i love the part when nic cage sees him holding the girl in the water.. drops her, then screams ' goddd damnittttt'

the way he says it is soooo funny
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #28
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
i love the part when nic cage sees him holding the girl in the water.. drops her, then screams ' goddd damnittttt'

the way he says it is soooo funny

Or when he's screaming at he little girls in the school, You are evil people.
Hilarious
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: