Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jamario Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
his best case scenario at his peak would be a shawn marion type
taking maybe 3or 4 jumpshots a game
not that he cant shoot, hes decent, i just think his talents should be focus elsewhere where we need it like the boards and defense
I think a better comparison would be a more athletic version of Michael Pietrus. I don't see Jamario getting a whole lot better, I just hope that he concentrates on focusing on his strengths rather than pulling a Vince Carter and trying to become a jumpshooter. He needs to beef up a little, work on his man to man D, rebounding, etc.. and on offense just attack the basket relentlessly, with maybe an open jumpshot or two per game.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Appolo 13? You can always count on him to be consistent. Don't rely on him to make or break the team, but 10pts and 6rbs night in and night out, not bad at all. Look guys, it's all about JO, CB, and JC this year. More specifically, it's just JO and CB with a huge gamble on JO. The rest of the players need to be good supporting casts and that's all, AP, AB, JK, JM, etc.............
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

I know this is a discussion about Jamario Moon but the comments against Kapono are surprising. Last season the Raptor's didn't have the presence in the paint they will this season. With Bosh and O'Neal, we will be driving down the paint constantly. They will cause defenses to collapse, leaving guys in the paint open.

Jason Kapono is the leading 3 point shooter for the past 2 years in all of NBA. The guy will be able to play his game now if we have Bosh, O'Neal and Moon on the court. Sam Mitchell needs to give Kapono more minutes. I would very much consider starting Kapono. Think of the defensive mess other teams will be under: Bosh and O'Neal in the paint and Kapono's lethal shot from the perimeter.

In terms of Moon: I am totally against the guy that said he would like to see Moon take more 3 pointers. WTF!! I want Moon to take only and ONLY open 3 pointers or heck, get in and go for a layup or an easy two. The guy has the quickness and the hops to get in there....Seeing him stand around the perimeter and take 3 pointers instead of going down the paint was very Vince of him....Stop taking 3 pointers...
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #19
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
I know this is a discussion about Jamario Moon but the comments against Kapono are surprising. Last season the Raptor's didn't have the presence in the paint they will this season. With Bosh and O'Neal, we will be driving down the paint constantly. They will cause defenses to collapse, leaving guys in the paint open.

Jason Kapono is the leading 3 point shooter for the past 2 years in all of NBA. The guy will be able to play his game now if we have Bosh, O'Neal and Moon on the court. Sam Mitchell needs to give Kapono more minutes. I would very much consider starting Kapono. Think of the defensive mess other teams will be under: Bosh and O'Neal in the paint and Kapono's lethal shot from the perimeter.

In terms of Moon: I am totally against the guy that said he would like to see Moon take more 3 pointers. WTF!! I want Moon to take only and ONLY open 3 pointers or heck, get in and go for a layup or an easy two. The guy has the quickness and the hops to get in there....Seeing him stand around the perimeter and take 3 pointers instead of going down the paint was very Vince of him....Stop taking 3 pointers...

Moon for 3? You might as well ask Bosh to shoot 3s ha ha ha
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #20
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

People want Moon to drive a lot, but not all players are capable of penetrating to the rack. Moon's skill set just isn't that great. He's a quality 7th man ideally. He needs to work on man to man D and taking high percentage shots when open. He's limited, but with our lack of depth, we need him to perform above his skill set.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #21
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
Moon for 3? You might as well ask Bosh to shoot 3s ha ha ha

i wasn't advocating Moon go for 3's...was arguing against it.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just think the Raptors will have enough 3pt shooting with Parker and Calderon. I'd hate starting a player that probably couldn't guard a single opposing starter at his position like Kapono. Having the extra 3pt shooting would be nice but the tradeoff in perimeter defense is too great IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Part of me thinks you have to start Kapono. In Miami, he started and they had Jwill at PG and Shaq. Not overall a great defensive lineup, but they were solid enough. If Kapono comes off the bench, our bench D will be HORRENDOUS....disgusting!!!!! So if you start him, you at least have the two bigs to help, along with AP who will be solid until he tires mid/late season. I like the balance in the O with Kapono starting. Moon can then be a hybrid off the bench...play 3/4, run, block shots and be a bust of energy, which is what he should be. He and Hump would give some grit to the 2nd unit, because we know Roko and Bargs probably won't. Even if Joey G does anything this year, he'll help some for the 2nd unit and maybe Jawai can toss around some bodies. Then we can avoid the all white bench mob (Roko, Bargs, Hump, Kapono).
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #24
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i wasn't advocating Moon go for 3's...was arguing against it.

you got me wrong, i know what you meant and was supporting you
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: