Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

Default 2016 All-Star break/Trade deadline

Thought I'd start a new folder since there's some actual traffic in here these days.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2016 All-Star break/Trade deadline

Noguiera hasn't played with the Raptors but looking at his D-league stats it looks like he defends the rim, rebounds and passes like Rudy. Might be someone to look at.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:18 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

I get the feeling it will be a very quiet trade period for the team. Outside of maybe getting involved as a 3rd party to help a deal get done I don't see much happening.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:22 AM   #4
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

I imagine they will stand pat but with their cap space and roster flexibility who knows.

I'd guess Erick Green will be signed for the rest of the year. He looks like he could be a bigger better cheaper version of Trey Burke.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
WayOfWade

Like El Kabong said, I don't think the Jazz are going to go for any trades at the moment, and why should they? Things are looking up, we're almost all healthy (should be next week!) and trading might mess up what's going on. Also as Xiao has stated many times, this team doesn't want to spend, so I doubt they bring in anyone that might cost them some Benjamin's down the line. I've heard Jeff Teague talk, but I highly doubt the Jazz bite, Neto is doing a lot better as of late and we still need to see what happens with Exum next season.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

I think there is room for 3 pg's in the rotation because of Exum's size but the price sounds too high for Teague. I could see something happening for the right price but they'll probably just do something for assets for their cap space if anything at all.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

Conrad Burry: EXCLUSIVE: It appears the Jazz, Kings and Pistons will be receiving new primary logos for the 2016-17 season: pic.twitter.com/hmL8WPltnC
Old 02-13-2016, 01:55 AM   #8
WayOfWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I knew about the Jazz, they're just making the J-note their primary and maybe eliminating the mountains, although I doubt that. I did not however know about the Kings or Pistons. I think the pistons are fine with their logo, although the Kings could use a remake and ditch their current purple jerseys.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:11 AM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfWade
I knew about the Jazz, they're just making the J-note their primary and maybe eliminating the mountains, although I doubt that. I did not however know about the Kings or Pistons. I think the pistons are fine with their logo, although the Kings could use a remake and ditch their current purple jerseys.
From what I read, nothing changes for the Jazz since we're already using the J-note on everything, so no new logos or uni's, but officially the Mountains is still the primary logo, and the league is making them change the J-note to the primary since they're using it for everything now.

Now whether they just move the mountains to the secondary, or create something new I'm not sure. Hopefully they just go back to the older logos that they used through 80's and early/mid 90's. Never should have changed them anyway.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #10
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
From what I read, nothing changes for the Jazz since we're already using the J-note on everything, so no new logos or uni's, but officially the Mountains is still the primary logo, and the league is making them change the J-note to the primary since they're using it for everything now.

Now whether they just move the mountains to the secondary, or create something new I'm not sure. Hopefully they just go back to the older logos that they used through 80's and early/mid 90's. Never should have changed them anyway.

Should have changed the name when they moved here.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #12
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

Quote:
- Utah Jazz (8th place): Buyers. The Jazz would love to add a stable, veteran PG as they try to get back in the Playoffs.

I don't think they want one and aren't concerned about making the playoffs.

Quote:
That is the real hole on the roster. Trey Burke has played well as a backup, but the starting spot is the team’s Achilles’ heel.

Neto is doing fine. The end of their rotation has been a bigger problem especially with Burks out and Lyles playing over Withey.

Quote:
A trade for Jeff Teague would make a lot of sense, but Utah is unwilling to deal away any of their prized younger assets at this point. Similar to the Trail Blazers, the Jazz would love to add a piece, but they won’t harm their future to do so.

I'd see the Blazers doing something before the Jazz and they have even more cap space. Teague makes sense for the right price.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #13
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

http://saltcityhoops.com/jazz-streak...ys-and-threes/

Quote:
Would the Pelicans trade Holiday? What would the Jazz have to give up? Who knows, but if I’m Dennis Lindsey, I pick up the phone and ask. He’s signed for this year and next at a reasonable price ($11 million a year.)

I'd guess he could be had because of his injuries but that's the reason I wouldn't want to give up any of the core pieces for him. For the right price definitely. He could be better than Teague.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zbrd457
Old 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #15
Xiao Yao You
NBA Superstar

From Locke:

Quote:
Dallas broadcast team called Neto feisty and compared him to JJ Barea

Neto is a better playmaker, shooter and defender.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: