Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #302
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Ive decided that I hate 2k6. I think it straight up sucks. the game is retarded. all you do is pick and roll EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. unless youre picking and rolling, you're either turning it over or missing. wide open jumpers are missed and its impossible to set up a jumper game because closing speeds are ridiculous, you're never open. post game is effective but dumb, you just give it to your guy and force yourself toward the hoop and hit shot button. the shotstick is the most retarded thing in world history. it sounded like such a great idea but it has no practical application; it just makes jumpshooting harder and X gives you the same layup/dunk that it will. the free throw shooting is inferior to Live. you have to figure out what your players shooting form is like because unless you have it memorized you're going to miss. jumpshooting forms are horribly awkward. basically every single point you score is going to be 8 feet from the basket or less. and EVERY PASS is a turnover unless its a lead pass on a pick and roll.

I hope 2k7 is a lot different from college hoops 2k6. either that or college hoops plays pretty differently from NBA 2k6. because its a totally stupid game. both it and Live are extremely easy to abuse, but at least in Live you can choose to play a certain way and have a fair game. I dont know of any sliders that can change the fact that its impossible to win without using the pick and roll and impossible to lose if you do.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #303
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

GeeWiz, didn't you buy an xbox 360? You can download the 2k7 demo for free and find out yourself what it's like. Good jump shooters will knock down open shots all day long. In the 4 minute demo, I can get 10 points with Dirk, Terry, or Williams on command (if that's what I focus on doing). Do yourself a favor and try it out.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #304
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Ive decided that I hate 2k6. I think it straight up sucks. the game is retarded. all you do is pick and roll EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. unless youre picking and rolling, you're either turning it over or missing. wide open jumpers are missed and its impossible to set up a jumper game because closing speeds are ridiculous, you're never open. post game is effective but dumb, you just give it to your guy and force yourself toward the hoop and hit shot button. the shotstick is the most retarded thing in world history. it sounded like such a great idea but it has no practical application; it just makes jumpshooting harder and X gives you the same layup/dunk that it will. the free throw shooting is inferior to Live. you have to figure out what your players shooting form is like because unless you have it memorized you're going to miss. jumpshooting forms are horribly awkward. basically every single point you score is going to be 8 feet from the basket or less. and EVERY PASS is a turnover unless its a lead pass on a pick and roll.

Wow you must suck at actual basketball games.

You seriously think the shotstick is stupid? I guess your one little button for shoot in NBA Live that yields a crappy canned animation is better? Wow

Your passes get picked off because you are too impatient to wait until the recipient is in position, compared to NBA live when balls can magically go through and around opponents hands and then get sucked into the hands of your teammate? Yea

The highly creative and realistic post game in 2k6 is somehow inferior to the one in Live, oh wait...live doesn't even have a post game
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #305
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

I hope 2k7 is a lot different from college hoops 2k6. either that or college hoops plays pretty differently from NBA 2k6. because its a totally stupid game. both it and Live are extremely easy to abuse, but at least in Live you can choose to play a certain way and have a fair game. I dont know of any sliders that can change the fact that its impossible to win without using the pick and roll and impossible to lose if you do.

That's a horribly different opinion then last week when you asked me "WHAT IS BAD IN 2K6? Nothing! Seriously, tell me one thing that is bad in it or that live is Superior in."

Funny, but you have the correct analysis now.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #306
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I never played 2k6, but I have read a couple times that the jumpshots were underpowered, forcing users to rely too much on penetrators or pick&rollers. 2k7 seems very well balanced to me, so I guess they fixed it.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #307
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

When exactly does this come out? Ive been buying Live for like the last 5 years, but I think Im finally going to switch this year.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #308
adamcz
Bucks fan

Officially on Tuesday, though a couple stores here and there will start selling tomorrow. Which system do you have? If it's 360, you should join our league.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #309
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RYNu6yTB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfGEUxbv2PA

Iverson tauntin the crowd and kobe with the 4 point play. Look at the contact on the foul. Looks amazing. 2 more days...
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #310
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Officially on Tuesday, though a couple stores here and there will start selling tomorrow. Which system do you have? If it's 360, you should join our league.

Nah, just ps2 for me.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #311
Sunsfan77
I airball my layups

Sunsfan77 has an OK reputation so far
Default Umm?

Where is steve nash on your point guard list?
Sunsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #312
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official Pre-Release NBA 2k7 Threads - Merged

OH BOY! I can't wait for 2k7, Man I'm so pumped for it!
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #313
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Pre-Release NBA 2k7 Threads - Merged

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
OH BOY! I can't wait for 2k7, Man I'm so pumped for it!

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: