Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-05-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default 2000th Post

Wanted this to be in the Nets forum. There isn't any other place I rather see it.

Last edited by wang4three : 12-14-2006 at 02:23 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

congratulations Wang4Three. you are one of the best, if not THE BEST, Nets poster we have on this forum. you are atruly a class act and I wish you would continue to add your insights to this board.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Thanks VC. I appreciate that.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cognrats..Go Nets! Go Illini!
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Congrats on the 1000th post Wang4three.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Wanted this to be in the Nets forum. There isn't any other place I rather see it.

insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:20 AM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

POST 2000!!!!!!! Thoughts:

I've been in ISH since senior high school year in 2002. And in these 4.5 years, I'm glad to see the Nets fam grow big from just JerryDrake, myself, NJ2K (you know who I'm talking about), and I think Loyal Nets Fan. Now with guys like VCDrives (though I preferred your Michael Olowoworthless name better), funkylikemonkey, we have more intelligent, valuable contributers who give the Nets fam a voice. I know there's more people I'm forgetting in the Netsfam, Illinifan (but then again I consider you more of an Illinifan, for the obvious purposes), gigantes, for two. I know there's more and I apologize.

As for ISH, there are lots of people that made it worth it coming back for the last 4.5 years and I'll list the ones that made it so, and I know I'll forget people:

effr
kblaze
DatZNasty
Game
GOBB
JerryDrake
Inglewood Pdubbz
Absolut Prince
VCDrives
funky
Illinifan
Zaza
KO King
milesberg
kwajo
Laker Logic
KD
Tsjuo (or something like that)
Wogs
kwalii

And there's so much more I'm forgetting. And isn't ISH the best place to discuss basketball? I tried to have to have conversation on the Nets faceboook group and I swear, everyone there is just a casual fan that doesn't really love the Nets and is so easy to jump on the trade bandwagon when the team is doing bad. I bet a lot of them are Knicks fans when growing up. They weren't there to see the Nets that I've grown up, the years where Kendall Gill (former Illini) was our best player. Or the days that Shawn Bradley actually looked a bright spot....Till Shaq brought the backboard down. If any of them know who Armon Gilliam is, I'll paypal them money. **** that, **** them. They'll be jumping back onto the Knicks the second they start doing well.

Anyway, to business...

This Nets team look so different than the last two years. It seems as if they lost their identity and their fighting between wanting to be an offensive team or a defensive team.

I say this team just become an offensive team and start Mikki Moore. Make Hasaan Adams the energy guy off the bench. I just want to see some 2002-2004 Nets where running was the way we won games. The difference now is that we have Vince Carter who can be a good half court player and great mid range shooters in RJ, Krstic, and Cliff Robinson, but if we run we're golden.

With the new rules in today's league I just don't think defense is the way we can win. We have great perimeter players and if last years finals is any indication, thats all we need. Devin Harris, Dirk, and Jason Terry destroyed the front court elite in the Spurs, and Dwyane Wade destroyed the Mavs with a below mediocre Shaq. I think that says something. With a personnel like Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, and Marcus Williams, (and to a lesser extent, Antoine Wright and Hasaan Adams) I think we can recreate their success for us. What makes their ability to win different than ours? Perhaps better perimeter shooting is the biggest thing. As well as rebounding, but if Jason Kidd is getting 10 boards a game and starting the break, I guess we're improving there. Either way, this team is built to run and to be a high octane offense, and I just cannot see a reason why we cannot just try to outscore the other team rather than to stop them from scoring.

Which brings me to Jason Kidd. He just has so much heart and doesn't know how to lose. I finally got to watch the epic Suns-Nets game and I must say...You don't see match ups like that anymore. The plays between Nash and Kidd were just amazing. These days it's just about outscoring the other guy, but this is about out-playing the other guy and it's something I hope kid watch and learns that its about playing being a complete player and being that triple threat. No team deserved to lose that game and it breaks my heart to see Jason put that much heart in a losing effort.

As for coaching, if Rod is standing with Frank, I will too. I think only Jerry West, Colangelo, and perhaps RC Buford is a better GM than Rod. I would love to have Adelman as our coach, but I'll give Frank the benefit of the doubt as being able to put this team together. We've had a nice run these last two games and maybe this is where we pick up. I'm not asking for a 10 game winning streak, but a 5-7 game would be nice. I think that if we win 45+ games, Jason Kidd will have to get MVP considerations and get that trophy that alluded him the last couple years.

Lastly, I'm putting a shout out to my Illini. I love them to death and while this maybe our worst year since I've been part of this university, I don't there is a time I've been more proud of. Mark my words, if the Nets have a shot at Jamar Smith in the future, we better take it. Guy is the best shooter I've seen since Ray Allen. We better also give a long look at Warren Carter this summer too. Nets agendas aside, the Illini are going to be surprise much this March. With everyone healthy, they can defend any team in the NCAA and Bruce Weber can outcoach any other coach the NCAA as well.

And my last point, being a senior in college. My last semester is about to come up and I have no job offers, I decided not to go to grad school and yet, I'm not scared at all. I'm actually excited to move back out east, and starting the job search. With my childhood dreams, I actually applied to a couple of jobs in the NBA which I might further explore. My degree in East Asian Languages and Cultures has nothing to do with it (unless they make me advertise out in Japan, China, or Taiwan), but I guess its a dream that I'll pursue given the opportunity. Either way, I'm going to my last semester and you bet your ass I'm going to have the best time I can as a senior and taking it all in, after a real ****ty semester this fall. I was mugged, my apartment was robbed, my car was broken into, my mother and grandfather fell deeply sick, and it started all of with my girlfriend of two years just giving me hell, and finally going through mono in which I haven't been able to play ball for awhile, and basketball is my escape so it's just been tough..but I'm going to overlook that (and I don't even know why I'm telling a group of faceless strangers this, but I guess that's the whole point of being a Nets "fam").

Anyway, this is gone long enough and if anyone read all this random gibberish and thoughts, I thank you for taking the time for doing so. I think I respect all of you as far as anyone can respect people on a message board (and that's not meant to be taken sarcastically). Maybe its the six or seven beers I've drank tonight, but I've been in a good mood generally. Will be driving back to New Jersey from Chicago on Friday and I'm looking forward to that 14 hour drive by myself. Anyway,

Go Nets
Go Illini (I.L.L. - I.N.I.)

-wang4three
Old 12-14-2006, 02:25 AM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Apparently the title change doesn't show up.. but read it anyway.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

After sobering up and reading that again, I realized how much my typing becomes impaired after a couple of drinks. Use your imagination to work through my terrible grammar and misuse of words. Boy, I feel like Walt Frazier.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

dont worry I got your back wang. I will change it for you. 2000th post celebration sound good? anyway, you are a valuable contributor to the Nets voice and to ISH in general. keep it up.

now in response to some of your points, I think defense is still important, but it is no longer a trump card like the 03-04 Pistons used with extremely fierce physical play.

these days, defensing simply means good positioning and outthinking your opponent. it will definitely not always work, what with all the rules to improve scoring, but if you can master the subtle nuances, save a few points, then that could mean all the difference between a win and a loss in a close game.

and I think RC Buford and his scouting crew simply have too much networking, that is how he knows where all the good talent is.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
netsfan549
Good High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

Where am I at? lol
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hope you have fun in your last year at Illinois.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Congrats, But I would have liked to see me in with the rest of the Nets fan, But I have only been posting since the New board opened up so I understand.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Bah, whaley I've noticed you around. Same with BIG FURB. I apologize to you guys. And Netfan, you've been here for long time and provided the best quote in the world: "kidd pass u ball".

Quote:
these days, defensing simply means good positioning and outthinking your opponent. it will definitely not always work, what with all the rules to improve scoring, but if you can master the subtle nuances, save a few points, then that could mean all the difference between a win and a loss in a close game.

In my opinion, mastering those things are not capable for our players outside of Jason, RJ, and Twin...And we're better off just intimidating our opponents from the get go of a high octane offense rather than lulling them with defense.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

congrats man
thats great for putting this on the Nets forum your a true fan

MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: