Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,220
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
I disagree with this part. Lakers lost to the better team in 03...which was defintely the spurs. Can't just blame Kobe for that series.

I'm talking against the Pistons who weren't the better team. Instead of getting the ball to Shaq and winning like they should have he gunned. As if that wasn't enough he demanded they get rid of Shaq so they could go to the lottery and first round playoff losses so he could get scoring records.

Quote:
You're one of those posters, probably watched Kobe in the finals this year and made up your mind about how selfish he was all season

I made up my mind against the Pistons and everything he has done since.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,255
Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
if that wasn't enough he demanded they get rid of Shaq so they could go to the lottery and first round playoff losses so he could get scoring records.

Really? Because I thought it was Shaq that demanded a trade from the Lakers...I am not going to entertain this little fiasco.

Its pretty obvious where the agenda is.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #18
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,220
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Kobe demanded that Shaq go from what I know. Where's the agenda? That Kobe doesn't live up to the hype?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #19
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller
 
nicknamefrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 424
nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Kobe demanded that Shaq go from what I know. Where's the agenda? That Kobe doesn't live up to the hype?

well that is what everyone assumes, and it definitely has some basis. but when the laker insider said the same thing, kobe sorta quite pretty upset last year.
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,220
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Upset like when they didn't trade Bynum for Kidd or Jermaine O'Neal. LMAO!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,367
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Iverson is not more selfish than kobe... it just appears that way because he has not learned that dribbling is not a stat.

i don't consider either of them selfish, they both can and do take over games but that's what they are paid for, they are elite level players who are better than most the players on the court on any given night, they should be taking those shots they should be dictating the game... it keeps the defenses honest, it keeps them afraid... if kobe or AI only took shots when they were wide open then they'd be real easy to contain, it's because they take difficult shots and make them when others pass up those types of shots that makes them elite, it makes them dangerous...
as tex winter said when asked about kobe's shot selection (i'll paraphrase) his shot selection is fine because he makes those shots, what is a bad shot for most players is an OK shot for kobe.

last year kobe only shot no quite 1 times more per game but AI had 2 more assists per game, so that tells us he's just touching the ball more... he does spend more time dribbling around then kobe, but that's his style, poke and attack..kobe is more of an off the ball get into position to attack then get the ball and strike, alot of that is because the triangle is a passing system, you can move the ball aroud faster by passing

otherwise they are fairly close in ther numbers, kobe's better in some areas, iverson is better in others...

two different games by two very different players in very different systems with similar outcomes...

Last edited by gts : 09-22-2008 at 12:43 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #22
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,220
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
i don't consider either of them selfish, they both can and do take over games but that's what they are paid for, they are elite level players who are better than most the players on the court on any given night, they should be taking those shots they should be dictating the game... it keeps the defenses honest, it keeps them afraid... if kobe or AI only took shots when they were wide open then they'd be real easy to contain, it's because they take difficult shots and make them when others pass up those types of shots that makes them elite, it makes them dangerous...
as tex winter said when asked about kobe's shot selection (i'll paraphrase) his shot selection is fine because he makes those shots, what is a bad shot for most players is an OK shot for kobe.

Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,367
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.
lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

besides the thread is kobe and ai not kobe, lebron and ai

Last edited by gts : 09-22-2008 at 12:44 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #24
EricForman
Good college starter
 
EricForman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,347
EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

besides the thread is kobe and ai not kobe, lebron and ai

the amount of shots taken does not determine how selfish one is.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #25
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,220
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
lebron shoots more than kobe and AI.. and he's worse from behind the arc

Only shot shot under 30% once as a rookie. Kobe and AI both have on more than one occasion. When you shoot 47 to 48% and can get to the hole at will you should be shooting.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 AM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,367
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
the amount of shots taken does not determine how selfish one is.
i never said it did, if you go back and read my post you'll notice that i said neither one of them is selfish, that they should be shooting the ball because that's what they get paid for, that's what is expected of them from the coaching staff
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 AM   #27
mattreis62
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 869
mattreis62 has decent reputation
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
I dont think most of us on ISH believes Iverson to be selfish.

Well, generally, most undersized shoot-first, ball dominating guards are bad news for team success because that's not a good formula for winning basketball. But Iverson's heart, determination and will somehow allows him to break the mold... to a certain extent. He's more valuable than a Arenas or a Marbury because of that.

But the fact sitll remains his game is nearly impossible to build around.

Kobe is definitely more "selfish" than Iverson. But Kobe's game doesn't require him to dominate the ball as much. Kobe has a post game--which can result in doubles and him kicking it out to open shooter. Because of Kobe's superior physical gifts (mainly height), he is allowed to be a more efficient player and do things Iverson can never do. That's just fact. It's unfair, because if Iverson was taller, then perhaps he too, can change his game to be more efficient. But he's not taller he will never develope the efficiency that taller wing players--if playing the game wisely--can develop in their games.

This.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #28
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,623
AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Take a look at AI's shooting %'s especially from 2 and 3 and tell me he should he should be throwing up prayers. Lebron led the league in scoring last year but unlike Kobe and AI he's as unselfish as they come.

Whats your point?
AI would have led the league in scoring this year if he didnt have Melo on his team.
Last year
AI's 3point%>LeBron's 3 point%
LeBron's 2point %>AI's 2 point%
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #29
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,285
gpfanz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

i disagree. I think both of them are equally selfish
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #30
NotALakerTroll
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
NotALakerTroll has decent reputation
Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Honestly I think they are equally selfish, but that Allen Iverson comes off worse because he has a tendency to over-dribble the ball. Also, Kobe Bryant has shown he can play unselfishly when needed (LA's 3-peat, last year), while Allen Iverson has shown stretches but has not done it consistently.
NotALakerTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy