Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default Bonzi wants back in Sac...again?

I've just heard about this, does anybody have a source? If true, I say screw'em and let him be the next Spreewell. He chose money over coming back to the place where he was able to recharge his career. You just don't do that and expect to be wanted again.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
zident
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
I've just heard about this, does anybody have a source? If true, I say screw'em and let him be the next Spreewell. He chose money over coming back to the place where he was able to recharge his career. You just don't do that and expect to be wanted again.

yeah it is tru i read it on sacbee he wasnt to return bac screw him though he is so dumb turned down 38 mil ..tried to screw us and then got screwed n the end what a loser now no team would pick him up after that.... unless they pay him 50 cents because that the onli thing teams could afford for him.... what a moron
zident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:11 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zident
yeah it is tru i read it on sacbee he wasnt to return bac screw him though he is so dumb turned down 38 mil ..tried to screw us and then got screwed n the end what a loser now no team would pick him up after that.... unless they pay him 50 cents because that the onli thing teams could afford for him.... what a moron

agreed, i mean, when was the last time Kings fans in ARCO cheered somebody's name throughout a game? But then he just turns his back and walks away... i hope nobody resigns him

- good thing i didn't do it, I was about to get a personalized Bonzi Wells Kings jersey...
Old 09-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I want to see him pull a Spree. I like the way the Kings look with Kevin and Cisco getting time anyway. The only way I'd re-sign him is if he agreed to be a 6th man and if he would take like a 3 million dollar deal for 1 year or something. He's probably not going to do that so I say F him. Thank god Geoff wasn't dumb enough to give the big money to this guy.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Bye Bonzi--I'm sorry that your agent, William Phillips, made such a poor decision in turning down the $38 Mil-- five year offer. Now everyone should know why "greed" is one of the seven deadly sins.

Kevin Martin will have an opportunity to be the starter at the #2 position and I think he will put up good numbers. Also, the money which had been reserved for Bonzi , was used to sign Woods and Salmons. If these two come through for us, it will be an additional bonus.

In addition, we have several expiring contracts at the end of this season --this will give Petrie some flexibility in signing a draftee and/or free agent next Summer.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
zident
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Bye Bonzi--I'm sorry that your agent, William Phillips, made such a poor decision in turning down the $38 Mil-- five year offer. Now everyone should know why "greed" is one of the seven deadly sins.

Kevin Martin will have an opportunity to be the starter at the #2 position and I think he will put up good numbers. Also, the money which had been reserved for Bonzi , was used to sign Woods and Salmons. If these two come through for us, it will be an additional bonus.

In addition, we have several expiring contracts at the end of this season --this will give Petrie some flexibility in signing a draftee and/or free agent next Summer.

What a LOSER n bonzi ..... i mean i like the guy and how he turned us from queens to contenders .... and i want to thank him for that...but he thought our organisation was to be compared with scrappy and crappy trail blazers who have no class and also any vision to run a team. so.... f him
zident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

I don't know, rumor has it that he might return. for 1 year, the only way the Kings can sign him is if they avoid becoming a luxury-tax team. They would have to trade away Jason Fart, Potenkapo, or Williamson, and take on no salary in return, so why wouldn't they do that? Petrie was quoted in the SacBee saying that the talks with Bonzi and his agent have been revived.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
I don't know, rumor has it that he might return. for 1 year, the only way the Kings can sign him is if they avoid becoming a luxury-tax team. They would have to trade away Jason Fart, Potenkapo, or Williamson, and take on no salary in return, so why wouldn't they do that? Petrie was quoted in the SacBee saying that the talks with Bonzi and his agent have been revived.

When did Geoff say that? All I remember was "Bonzi wants to come back but it's not practical now."
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #9
Targus™
Good college starter

i was searching google news, thats not exactly what he said but basically thats what he meant. that they've moved on but they're going to see what they can do.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Geoff Petrie stated (Sacramento Bee, Sun. Sept 3) "There's nothing to that beyond the fact that Bonzi still has legitimate interests about wanting to play for us. We've assembled a roster. We've made commitments. There's nothing that's changed, nothing that involves us."

It is clear to me that the Kings are no longer interested in Bonzi.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 AM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

The Main Reasons Why they won't sign him:

1. They are barely below the luxury tax.
2. He delays Kevin Martin's growth as a player by taking up more minutes.
3. He's 30 years old, not in great shape.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #12
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

hes a good player, but what else could the Kings do...they offered him a deal, he rejected it, they replaced him with Salmans, so theres no more need for him
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

turned down that 35mil deal, would you take him back though?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bonzi is worth signing if you get him for multiple years

If you get him for one season he's going to be more focused on stats than anything else, probably
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Sacramento Bee:

Things have been quiet around the Kings these days, but there have been talks within the organization about free-agent swingman Bonzi Wells' renewed interest in rejoining the team.

Wells, who dazzled during last season's first-round playoff loss to the San Antonio Spurs, has been unable to find the lucrative deal he sought this summer and has made it known to the Kings that he would like to return.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: