Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 AM   #16
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Default Re: If you'll pick first..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRVBADASSBALLIN
I wonder how their assist/to ratio is? And Williams has the better 3 ball. Hmmmm....now where's my Athlon Sports mag.
Again, these type of comments are why you keep getting flame. Deron Williams is nowhere near Paul in term of fantasy.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #17
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Well not everyone has the same list, son. Check out his stats, he'll be up there again this season as well.

AND, how do D. Williams stats compare to Pauls?

Your list isn't right then. Nash as a player didnt look the same last yr, hes getting up there in age. And now with D'Antoni and his system outta there, his stats will for sure drop

And he was never really top 5 in any of the seasons he had.

Here are his stats w/ Shaq: 16/10/3.4/0.5/0.1 with 2.2 threes, 50% FG and 3.1 TOs.

Not even close to top 5.

-----------------

Now CP3: 21.1/4/11.6/2.7/0.1 with 1.2 threes, 48% and only 2.5 TOs. Just insanity, and hes young and will imrpove as opposed to Nash who has one way to go...they're not even in the same tier let alone to be grouped in the top 5 or 6.

Deron is better than Nash but still doesn't sniff CP3. Doesnt get close to the amount of steals as Paul does, higher TOs, less assists, less rebounds, lower FT, less pts
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #18
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Again, these type of comments are why you keep getting flame. Deron Williams is nowhere near Paul in term of fantasy.

Since when am I getting flamed? I'd personally take Williams over Paul. I like his 3 ball, and especially if Paul hasn't added any strength to his frame this off season. He's had his share of DNP's because of injuries.

Do you play Yahoo, perhaps we should get in a league together!? Since you think you have all the correct answers aka, a knowitall is the right term? And don't make an excuse that you already have 4 teams. You need a challenge, son.
LRVBADASSBALLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
I wonder how their assist/to ratio is? And Williams has the better 3 ball. Hmmmm....now where's my Athlon Sports mag.

haha

Deron: 1.0 3s
Paul: 1.2 3s

At least look up some stats
Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #20
LakersDynasty
Good college starter

Quote:
Since when am I getting flamed? I'd personally take Williams over Paul. I like his 3 ball, and especially if Paul hasn't added any strength to his frame this off season. He's had his share of DNP's because of injuries.

Do you play Yahoo, perhaps we should get in a league together!? Since you think you have all the correct answers aka, a knowitall is the right term? And don't make an excuse that you already have 4 teams. You need a challenge, son.
You do realize that Paul is 20 spots higher than deron williams right? You realize Paul has elite FT while Deron is in the high 70s/low 80s. Paul led the league in steals. While Deron got around 1.1-1.2, which is really low for a point guard of his caliber. 3s are dead even. Paul gets more rebs, around same FG%, more pts, more asts, far fewer tos. Why would anyone take Deron over Paul in fantasy? 3s is not the answer, they are the same or Paul might be slightly higher from what I remember.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #21
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Your list isn't right then. Nash as a player didnt look the same last yr, hes getting up there in age. And now with D'Antoni and his system outta there, his stats will for sure drop

And he was never really top 5 in any of the seasons he had.

Here are his stats w/ Shaq: 16/10/3.4/0.5/0.1 with 2.2 threes, 50% FG and 3.1 TOs.

Not even close to top 5.

-----------------

Now CP3: 21.1/4/11.6/2.7/0.1 with 1.2 threes, 48% and only 2.5 TOs. Just insanity, and hes young and will imrpove as opposed to Nash who has one way to go...they're not even in the same tier let alone to be grouped in the top 5 or 6.

Deron is better than Nash but still doesn't sniff CP3. Doesnt get close to the amount of steals as Paul does, higher TOs, less assists, less rebounds, lower FT, lower pts

You forgot Nash is 90% FT.

I'd say this season it's a toss up with Williams or Paul. Nash is on his way out, but still will put up big numbers under coach Terry Porter. I believe ESPN put him @ somewhere around 6-8? Behind his buddy, Dirk?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #22
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

LBJ

Paul
Kobe
Amare
Wade
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #23
LakersDynasty
Good college starter

Quote:

I'd say this season it's a toss up with Williams or Paul. Nash is on his way out, but still will put up big numbers under coach Terry Porter. I believe ESPN put him @ somewhere around 6-8? Behind his buddy, Dirk?
Paul was around 88% FT and got there a little more. So it's a wash. Nash without D'Antoni and with Shaq won't be anywhere near the top 10.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #24
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
haha

Deron: 1.0 3s
Paul: 1.2 3s

At least look up some stats

Always do son, remember it's early. Like I just stated, it's a toss up between the two. For Williams to be ranked so much behind CP3 is absurd. I don't get that! I'd still take Deron. BUT, I'll have to see how Pauls offseason went & is going up till our draft day. For sure, you can't go wrong with either!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #25
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:

Nash is 90% FT on how many attempts? 3? Paul is 85% on like 5 attempts. Big difference.

Dude look at the numbers between Paul and Deron please.

Here I'll post them for you:

Paul: 21.1/4.0/11.6 with 2.7 steals, 1.2 3PM, 2.5 TOs, 48.8% and 85.1%
Deron: 18.8/3.0/10.5 with 1.1 steals, 1.0 3PM, 3.4 TOs, 50.7% and 80.3%

So Paul beats him in 8 out of the 9 categories but I guess FG% makes up for the difference
Old 09-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #26
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Paul was around 88% FT and got there a little more. So it's a wash. Nash without D'Antoni and with Shaq won't be anywhere near the top 10.

You'll eat those words cause you are WRONG!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #27
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:

Sizzle beat me to it but I was going to type:

90% isn't more effective that 85% when the attempt is so low. 3 for Nash and 5 for CP... obviously a guy like Kevin Martin trumps everyone in this cat.

And espn has paul at 2 and d-will at 11.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...badk2k9_top190
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #28
LakersDynasty
Good college starter

Quote:
Always do son, remember it's early. Like I just stated, it's a toss up between the two. For Williams to be ranked so much behind CP3 is absurd. I don't get that! I'd still take Deron. BUT, I'll have to see how Pauls offseason went & is going up till our draft day. For sure, you can't go wrong with either!
It's not absurd because it's fantasy, not real basketball. It would be absurd if Paul was ranked 20 spots higher in real basketball, since they are pretty close (edge still going to Paul). Like I said, there's a not single thing that Deron does better than Paul by a lot (biggest advantage deron has is a .2 edge in blocks, which is worthless), while Paul dominates most of the cats.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #29
LRVBADASSBALLIN
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
It's not absurd because it's fantasy, not real basketball. It would be absurd if Paul was ranked 20 spots higher in real basketball, since they are pretty close (edge still going to Paul). Like I said, there's a not single thing that Deron does better than Paul by a lot (biggest advantage deron has is a .2 edge in blocks, which is worthless), while Paul dominates most of the cats.

Yes I agree with you on the first thing, but in fantasy hoops you have to look into the future like Michael Jay Fox.

Yes, Paul is da man! But it's not like he's going to be able to put up even more crazier #'s you know, clowns. D. tank Williams will be surpassing Chris in many areas this upcoming season. Remember them head to head? Williams wins, my sons.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #30
king19
Saw a basketball once

i will probably pick paul or james
king19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: