Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #16
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
everyone who loves hip hop would automatically rank him that high. Its not even a debate, argument. Its a straight and utter fact he was one of the games elite producers. Guy produced some ridiculous tracks and i throw out another FACT. If you played songs J Dilla produced alot of people will be shocked and surprised with a "what? he did that? stop playin" or I didnt know he did that! approach.

this is true... i remember right after his death i went to a kweli show - he was touring down here at the time - in which he did this dedication to jay dee. i think he spun 'players', pharcyde's 'runnin' and all types of other ****. following the show, i heard some radio identity talking about how she had no idea dilla produced 'runnin'. crazy variation in his production, from his early stuff with 1st down/pharcyde/SV to his recent stuff... all quality, as well. i could count on one hand the number of **** beats the guy made in his career.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
this is true... i remember right after his death i went to a kweli show - he was touring down here at the time - in which he did this dedication to jay dee. i think he spun 'players', pharcyde's 'runnin' and all types of other ****. following the show, i heard some radio identity talking about how she had no idea dilla produced 'runnin'. crazy variation in his production, from his early stuff with 1st down/pharcyde/SV to his recent stuff... all quality, as well. i could count on one hand the number of **** beats the guy made in his career.

Yup and even after his death I dont think he is getting as much recognition as he should. Or maybe he is and I'm not exposed to it? I just feel we should be hearing R.I.P Dilla often as much as other RAPPERS get that treatment. Man this guy was amazing. Definately gonna be missed as far as wanting to hear new sounds from him but he left behind classic production that will still get you in the mood years after u first heard it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #18
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I aint even tipped a bit of his productions, but the beats he made for Coms Like Water for Chocolate album blow me away. His thang with madlib blows me away. Even some of the stuff he did for house and techno compilations for Detroit Djs, even that **** blows me away.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: