Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-26-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Question Opinion about these games

Ok, I have a problem which I can't deside. I have 3 games that I want to buy now but don't want to spent that kind of money (because NBA 2k9 is coming soon and that one is a must). So I'm thinking of buying two of these but can't deside.

Gears of war
Assasin Creed
Racedriver Grid

Gears of war only costs like 20 so I think I'm getting that but I can't deside the second one
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Default Re: Opinion about these games

Gears of war
I don't like the style of GoW, it's too "american", but it is a quality title.

Assasin Creed
AC is not a good game, simply put.

Racedriver Grid
A good racing game. There are heaps of good racing games though, so consider the other ones too.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Gears of War: I can understand why LJJ would say it was too American, but I thoroughly enjoyed this title. Assigning a button to take cover behind walls, bookcases, pillars, cars, etc. was genius imo. Another plus, you aren't killing nazis or japanese. The fantasy element adds to the overall game. The campaign is relatively short. The graphic violence/profanity is a bit excessive and not particularly my taste(Chainsaw kill, splattering blood, curb stomp, stuff like that). Multiplayer is still well supported, and you shouldn't have trouble finding matches. The hidden cog tags add a slight boost to replay value for the campaign. I don't rec as highly as ign's 9.4, but i rarely agree with any of ign's ratings anyway. It isn't worth paying more than 30$(assuming you're in us) for since GoW2 is right around the corner.

Assassin's Creed - tedious
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Assassin's Creed was a great looking game, some nice city design, and the controls were really well thought out and like nothing I've seen before, but Tedious is the perfect description. It was good, but not fun.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Assassin's Creed was a great looking game, some nice city design, and the controls were really well thought out and like nothing I've seen before, but Tedious is the perfect description. It was good, but not fun.

Yeah, I don't own an x-box, but my buddy does, and we rented this one. You're constantly doing the same thing. Finding eagle points, visiting some scumbag, doing the same assassinations and robberies. The storyline doesn't deviate very much. At least they put in those warp gates so you didn't have to actually ride, or worse, walk across that whole world.

Great looking game, great detail, poor game play.

Gears of War was great. My buddy played that for weeks. I played it a few times. Controls took some getting used to, but then like I said, I don't own an xbox.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: