Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #151
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,271
Default

Quote:
the bacteria you apparently came from didnt have the same elements as sperm i wouldnt think

The bacteria had the same 20 amino acids and DNA structure as you did as an embryo and still do now.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #152
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,194
Default

eauclaire,

I respect your religious beliefs and think it is cool that young people like yourself have taken in God and his teachings.

You REALLY need to stop peddling this Kent Hovnid Intel Design BS though, because it is complete bunk (believe me when I tell you this, I know),utter garbage in fact as both science and theology.

Believing in that middle of the road crap only damages the solid foundation your religion has taught you.

I am telling you this because you have a strong religious spirit and the ID garbage will only damage your cause.

It is complete junk

Give it up.

In fact the only reason it exists today is as a backdoor to teaching the bible in class (which is currently banned from public schools as a separation of church and state but can be taken as an elective). Dont get caught up the the politicalization of your beliefs, it is a dark and dirty road.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #153
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz


Loki like I said you are taking my statement way to literally. Your point is so obvious it really isn't worth making.

It's called being precise in your language. Your point, which is essentially that "hey, here's one small, single-celled thing that we all came from, so who's to say that we couldn't have evolved from single-celled organisms?" is far too broad and glosses over tons of pertinent distinctions between the two situations.

But anyway, carry on with your discussion.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #154
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

i appriciate your thoughts........the evolution against creation debate goes way beyond kent hovind. i dont want creation taught in the schools, just dont want lies being taught,(study it long enough and most evolutionist arguements have been disproved) im not trying to make anything political either. im just not gonna stand for someone trying to tell me that i used to have a tail! i have more respect for God and His creation than that. it just really bothers me to see people basically making a mockery of Gods word and creation. once you come to know God and have a relationship with Him it just all seems obvious. granted, if i wasnt a christian i too would think this whole this is bunk garbage, but GOd has opened my eyes to his realm of thinking, the realm that needs no scientific proof to click. im not worried about being accepted by anyone who bashes me. its just good to know that when i wake up in the morning that i have something to live for and look forward to,sorry you guys have never had the chance to expirence this.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #155
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,271
Default

Quote:
tons of pertinent distinctions between

Many of which have been brought up. Remember that this guy, and people like him, dismiss decades worth of evidence while providing none of their own.

YOu have to keep my comment in context. If i was arguing with someone who was logical and reasonable I wouldnt have had to resort to a comment like that.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #156
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

it is funny how back in the early 20th century up till the 50's creation was being taught in schools and people could leave their doors unlocked at night and everyone was friendlier and had better morals. just something to think about
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #157
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,271
Default

Quote:
im just not gonna stand for someone trying to tell me that i used to have a tail!

Then don't look at any pelvic xrays which show your tailbone as clear as the nose on your face.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #158
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
i appriciate your thoughts........the evolution against creation debate goes way beyond kent hovind. i dont want creation taught in the schools, just dont want lies being taught,(study it long enough and most evolutionist arguements have been disproved) im not trying to make anything political either. im just not gonna stand for someone trying to tell me that i used to have a tail! i have more respect for God and His creation than that. it just really bothers me to see people basically making a mockery of Gods word and creation. once you come to know God and have a relationship with Him it just all seems obvious. granted, if i wasnt a christian i too would think this whole this is bunk garbage, but GOd has opened my eyes to his realm of thinking, the realm that needs no scientific proof to click. im not worried about being accepted by anyone who bashes me. its just good to know that when i wake up in the morning that i have something to live for and look forward to,sorry you guys have never had the chance to expirence this.

first of all you are assuming way too much regarding everyone else and their view of life.

secondly, nowhere has evolution been disproved, infact it is getting more and more solidfied as further evidence mounts.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #159
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Many of which have been brought up. Remember that this guy, and people like him, dismiss decades worth of evidence while providing none of their own.

YOu have to keep my comment in context. If i was arguing with someone who was logical and reasonable I wouldnt have had to resort to a comment like that.
man, you screwed up and someone pointed it out, no way around it. stop trying to play it off as you made a flawed comment just to not speak "over my head". if you would prove any one of the questions i asked you to support evolution this would all be over with.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #160
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
first of all you are assuming way too much regarding everyone else and their view of life.

secondly, nowhere has evolution been disproved, infact it is getting more and more solidfied as further evidence mounts.
im gonna act like the second part of that comment wasnt there....i gained a lot respect for ya, then :confused: !
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #161
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
first of all you are assuming way too much regarding everyone else and their view of life.

secondly, nowhere has evolution been disproved, infact it is getting more and more solidfied as further evidence mounts.
dont have to assume too much! mostly pretty clear cut
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #162
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

since i havent got one decent answer yet, im gonna ask just one question in this post so that it cant be avoided.

the universe(single sentence) is made of time space and matter...right?
which one came first? all at the same time?
no space=no room for matter
no time=when did it start
no matter= with what did it start


please answer this with an answer, not another question
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #163
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,271
Default

I hear the price of tea in China is going up.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #164
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

ummm....ok?! if your saying my question isnt relevant, it is.
evolution (which you believe, i think) started millions of years ago, right?
which one came first-time space or matter? pretty simple
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #165
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

price of tea in china= oh man i dont have a witty, down grading response for the question at hand
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy