Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #181
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
the first and last quotes were the ones I alluded to earlier, the other ones were just bonus. But good of you to pounce on the weakling in the pile and conveniently ignore the others.

I talked about all of them, read my post again.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #182
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh okay, I guess I am way off base, sorry. I should never take any passages from the bible literally, unless of course I want to prove that the bible was agaisnt gay marriage or something? Damn, shiiiiiiits on lockdown.

I am done with this thread, faith is deep
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #183
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
oh okay, I guess I am way off base, sorry. I should never take any passages from the bible literally, unless of course I want to prove that the bible was agaisnt gay marriage or something? Damn, shiiiiiiits on lockdown.

I am done with this thread, faith is deep

What are you talking about?...I never said anything like that, read my post again.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #184
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the idea of arguing balls out against Christians is not a battle I want to fight.

I respect people's religion. What I hate is people who will swallow every heapding pile of dung because some agenda driven bible beater told em that is how they should think.

This thread turned this way because people on here actually believe the Earth is 6000 years old. Dont make me go into how pathetic that is.

I dont want to spend my time saying this or that, I put those quotes on here because I hate it when a book is quoted literally 2000 plus years later like it still applies 100% today.

I know about eating the body and all that other crap, I grew up Catholic. I just wanted people to realize that literal interpretations of the bible go both ways, so dont use them to try and prove science.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #185
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I like how you completely dodged these comments;
how did i completly dodge it? read my other post...its said i WILL ANSWER IT MONDAY MORNING when im at back at work and have time to educate you
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #186
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Things that make you think a little.......

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq
during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American City ,about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq.

2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war,state the following;

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea , North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy....started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

3. In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has liberated two countries,

Crushed the Taliban,

Crippled al-Qaida,

Put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea, without firing a shot, and
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,

but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch
Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the Police
after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, killing a woman.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #187
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Things that make you think a little.......

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq
during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American City ,about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq.

2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war,state the following;

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea , North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy....started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

3. In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has liberated two countries,

Crushed the Taliban,

Crippled al-Qaida,

Put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea, without firing a shot, and
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,

but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch
Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the Police
after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, killing a woman.
man, you are about three days late with that great post!!!! that would have saved some people from unshamefully proclaiming that they used to sport tails!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #188
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
man, you are about three days late with that great post!!!! that would have saved some people from unshamefully proclaiming that they used to sport tails!

Exactly what part of his post discussed evolution?

Oh I get it you like arguing about totally different subjects to try to support creation.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #189
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #190
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Oh I get it you like arguing about totally different subjects to try to support creation.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #191
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447

Yes, I know I was totally late, but thought I'd post my own views later rather than never. I don't visit the OT forum too often. I can see both sides, but I thought I'd balance it a little. Everything turns into religion, isn't that funny?
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #192
Milkman

dont make me george bush the button
Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #193
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

When it was convenient for us, the Taliban were called "FREEDOM FIGHTERS". Right around the time Bush Sr. was CIA Director. Also around the time millions of our tax dollars were spent SUPPORTING this crooked pseudo-government in Afghanistan just to fight Russian communism.

Wow, that worked out great!

Again, Bush Sr. gave the Jihadist movement POWER through the virtue of CONFIDENCE and this is NEVER, EVER addressed. You're all too busy blaming Bush jr. & Clinton.......
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #194
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:

no, thats not what i was doing.........if he would have came in and straightened everyone out about bush earlier, the topic wouldnt have gotten as far from the topic as it did.......resulting in your embarrassing confession.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #195
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
if he would have came in and straightened everyone out about bush earlier,

I have not even mentioned Bush in this entire thread.

The Falcons beat the Panthers so that means evolution is true.

That is the type of logic you use. You are an idiot.

BTW I have just been listening to Bauer and Rose, a right wing radio show. The just had author Lawrence Wright on their program, who is writing a book about the war.

Wright says that Al Qaeda was a Sunni Muslim group with viewed Iraq (mostly *****e) as heretics. Odd since Bush was trying to say Iraq was aiding Bin Laden when in fact the two groups detested each other.

We went to war based on Bush declaring that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and they had ties to Al Qaeda, both of which have been proven false.

Wright also said that we were winning the war against terror. Bin Laden and his followers were badly cripped before Iraq, according to their own documents. The Iraq war has given them new life. They WANT us fighting there, or in Iran, Syria, whatever because that makes it easier for them to attack us while at the same time helping them recruit more for their cause.

Of course these comments took Bauer and Rose by surprise since they only have right wingers on their show.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: