Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #196
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I have not even mentioned Bush in this entire thread.

The Falcons beat the Panthers so that means evolution is true.

That is the type of logic you use. You are an idiot.

BTW I have just been listening to Bauer and Rose, a right wing radio show. The just had author Lawrence Wright on their program, who is writing a book about the war.

Wright says that Al Qaeda was a Sunni Muslim group with viewed Iraq (mostly *****e) as heretics. Odd since Bush was trying to say Iraq was aiding Bin Laden when in fact the two groups detested each other.

We went to war based on Bush declaring that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and they had ties to Al Qaeda, both of which have been proven false.

Wright also said that we were winning the war against terror. Bin Laden and his followers were badly cripped before Iraq, according to their own documents. The Iraq war has given them new life. They WANT us fighting there, or in Iran, Syria, whatever because that makes it easier for them to attack us while at the same time helping them recruit more for their cause.

Of course these comments took Bauer and Rose by surprise since they only have right wingers on their show.
if he had posted it earlier, the topic wouldnt have switched to religon, and you would have never got in this debate.... but im not calling you an idiot or stupid or anything else.ill just keep retyping that until you comprehend it.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #197
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Nobody was talking about religion until this comment by Timmeth

Quote:
Eh, not true, there aren't any condoms in my school but kids still have sex. That view doesn't really matter.

Quote:
11) Global warming, evolution and tobacco's link to cancer are junk
science, but creationism should be taught in schools.

Global warming and evolution are THEORIES. Meaning it's an unproved belief. Creationism is proven either. But there are many contradictions to evolution. Tobacco's link to cancer is proven. Not sure why it's called a junk science.

And your buddy's post hardly set anyone straight on Bush. Bush went to war on Iraq under COMPLETELY FALSE pretenses, and it has been a disaster.

Last edited by tontoz : 09-11-2006 at 11:49 AM.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #198
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Things that make you think a little.......

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq
during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American City ,about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq.

How many murders in Iraq because of the lack of police protection? How many combat related killings in Detroit? America also has a lot of big cities with a lot of problem with crime. That's not a fair comparison. It's Apples to Oranges. A fair comparison would be the deaths immediately before the war and the deaths during the war.

Quote:
2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war,state the following;

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

Germany declared war on the United States shortly after Japan attacked. They were allied and the US would have likely attacked Germany, but they never had to declare war first.

Quote:
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea , North Korea never attacked us.

Technically it was a UN Police action. War was never officially declared by Congress.

Quote:
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy....started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Kennedy started it, but LBJ escalated it. And the Vietnam war was worse than the war in Iraq. Very few will argue against that.

Quote:
Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Yep. Then Nixon ran as an anti-war candidate (if you can imagine that). He didn't withdraw troops right away, of course, but eventually public opinion was too strong against the war for him to keep it up.

Quote:
Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

Iraq never attacked us during the first Gulf War. You also left out all the armed conflicts the US was involved with during the 80's when the opposing army never attacked the United States. Are you focusing specifically on Democrats for some reason?

I'll respond to the rest in a seperate post.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #199
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
[Clinton] was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

You are wrong that Clinton "did nothing" in regards to Osama bin Laden.

The first thing you need to realize is that when Bush and Clinton had a meeting shortly after Bush defeated Gore to become President, Clinton told Bush that the biggest threat to US security was Osama bin Laden and Al Quada. Bush was suprised because he thought it was Hussein and Iraq. (This came from an interview with Clinton. I'm trusting it was reliable because he did not phrase it as a way to bash Bush. He was using as a defense of the Homeland Security Department).

At the time that Sudan offered to turn over Osama, the US State department did not have enough evidence to try him. He was suspected in connection with a '92 bombing of a hotel in Yemen and a '93 attack on American personel in Mogadishu.

Besides, Sudan never offered to turn bin Laden over to the United States. They offered to turn him over to either Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Both Egypt and Saudi Arabia refused despite the Clinton Administration's efforts.

Clinton's most obvious efforts to stop bin Laden were in '98 at a time when the Republican Congress was investigating him for Perjury. At the time foreign nations such as Pakistan, Uzbekistan, and Tazikistan refused to share inteligence with the US. Even so, Cruise Missile strikes missed bin Laden by only a couple of hours.

That was called a destraction from the political scandal (ever see "Wag the Dog"?) so Clinton wasn't able to continue a military campaign (besides, he also blew up a Pharmaceutical factory that was likely not a chemical weapons factory and he could not afford to be taking chances like that in the pre-9/11 world).

Clinton tried to freeze money that was going to bin Laden, but Republican Congress (specifically Phil Gramm of Texas) with support from the American Banks killed the legislation (of course Bush was able to pass nearly identical legislation in October of 2001).

In '98, Clinton made a secret deal with Uzbekistan for joint covert operations against the Taliban and bin Laden. Without this, the war in Afganistan would not have been as successful (the US was able to use Uzbekistan as an immediate base of operations and launch strikes from there).

The belief that Clinton did nothing, is a myth. Could Clinton have done more? Of course, but he did not have the public or international support to take such action. Only recently under President Bush has the executive office regained the power it once had under Nixon. Clinton did not want to strengthen the federal government in any areas except for social services.

Edit: Where does the "3 times" figure come in? I never heard that specific number before. As far as I'm aware, they only offered bin Laden in 1996.

Quote:
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

Al Qaida has attacked us on multiple occasions. Bin Laden has provided money and some leadership. Killing Bin Laden does not kill his organization. I never dwell on the fact that Bush hasn't killed Osama. It would be a great thing to do to dammage the enemies morale, though.

Quote:
3. In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has liberated two countries,

Crushed the Taliban,

Crippled al-Qaida,

He deserves a lot of credit for those. Although "Crippled al-Qaida" is beyond a stretch. There is fear among some experts that they will be making a return to Afganistan. There is a fear that this will happen because the US can't give full attention because they are split between Iraq and Iran and cannot focus on Afganistan.

Quote:
Put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea, without firing a shot, and

Also good. Although the nuclear issue with Iran and North Korea are far from solved. North Korea has no intentions of ending their nuclear program. Iran doesn't have nukes yet, but they don't seem to want to end their nuclear program either.

Quote:
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

Hussein was not a terrorist. He supported terrorists and he has done things that could be considered terrorism if he wasn't the leader of a sovereign nation. Totalitarian dictator and ruthless murderer are both fitting descriptions for Hussein, but not Terrorist.

Quote:
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,

but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch
Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

The real Iraq War has been the post-war. There was never a strong effort to secure and re-build Iraq. Not enough money and men have gone into training Iraqi troops. No effort was put into securing the country. The US made an effort to avoid looking like occupiers, so they made a goal of a quick march to Bagdad--leaving Anarchy in their wake.

Quote:
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

Holy non-****ing-sequitor!!!!

The Administration gave no credibility to Hans Blix and his reports on Atomic, Biological and Chemical Weapons. Iraq did not have functioning weapons and posed no threat. That being said, they did try to purchase enriched Uranium, but there's no evidence they did. The Bush Administration should have never argued Iraq as a pre-emptive War. Iraq was not the primary threat to the nation and was not an immediate threat.

Quote:
It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the Police
after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, killing a woman.

Another non-sequitor. Ted Kennedy driving drunk off a bridge is less relavent to the Iraq War than Bush's DUI. As has been quite obvious, though, is that the Republican Guard was not the biggest threat to US Operations in Iraq.

Last edited by pgm : 09-11-2006 at 01:53 PM.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #200
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Old 09-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #201
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
how did i completly dodge it? read my other post...its said i WILL ANSWER IT MONDAY MORNING when im at back at work and have time to educate you

I hearby dub thee.....Dodgeboy.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #202
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT MAN...I FIGURED YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER! IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY AT WORK TODAY(DONT CARE IF YOU BELIEVE ME) AND HAVENT HAD ENOUGH TIME TO DEVOTE TO THIS. I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS TONIGHT or TOMORROW SOMETIME. NOT TRYING TO DODGE ANYTHING THOUGH....IM NOT ASHAMED OF WHAT I BELIEVE. BUT NO MATTER WHAT I WRITE TOMORROW YOU ARE GONNA RIDICULE IT ANYHOW SO WHATS IT MATTER?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #203
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
NO MATTER WHAT I WRITE TOMORROW YOU ARE GONNA RIDICULE IT ANYHOW SO WHATS IT MATTER?

Congrats, that is the first comment you have made that has had any semblence of logic.

The all caps are really intimidating....*shudders*.

Quote:
if he had posted it earlier, the topic wouldnt have switched to religon, and you would have never got in this debate

BTW Timmeth's post about evolution came 14 hours after the thread was started, and he was responding to the first post. I fail to see how your buddy's Bush propaganda would have had any effect on the thread if posted earlier.

Again your faulty reasoning rears it ugly head.

Last edited by tontoz : 09-11-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #204
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Congrats, that is the first comment you have made that has had any semblence of logic.

The all caps are really intimidating....*shudders*.

BTW Timmeth's post about evolution came 14 hours after the thread was started, and he was responding to the first post. I fail to see how your buddy's Bush propaganda would have had any effect on the thread if posted earlier.

Again your faulty reasoning rears it ugly head.
the all caps thing wasnt to be "intimidating" or anything......just so happened to be on when i typed my response, thats all. why all the hostility? chill out man
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #205
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default In quotes are things right wing zealots brainwash the dumb with

Quote:
Things that make you think a little.......

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq
during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American City ,about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq.

Just because social imbalance is ripe in the USA, that doesn't negate the devastating effects of attacking a country that the gov't just decided had NOTHING to do with Al Qaida.
Did they bomb every strategic building in Detroit?
Every bridge?
Do those dead soldiers live in Bagdad?
How many Iraqis have died 200,000? Is that like Detroit
falkin simpletons like you with your BS analogies are the real problem
Quote:
2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war,state the following;

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea , North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

IDIOT

The US bombed the shyt out of Japan, and Germany occupied traditional allies with the same type of shyt they tried to pull in WWI. The US joined the war late after Europe begged them

Iraq attacked no one this time, and Europe said dont do it this time.

More BS analogies

Quote:

John F. Kennedy....started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

JFK wanted out of Vietnam, and was about to go through with a withdrawl before he was killed.

you are sending misinformation again.

Shameless right wing apologist!

Quote:
Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.
Genocide you simple falkin BS artist, he was applauded for it by Everyone except Serbia. All the Baltic countries were in full support, certainly not the case in the middle east today.

Quote:
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Bush one and GWB also had opportunities, hell GWB under manned the NATO effort in Afghanistan when they had him in a "25 mile radius" in the mountains, he didn't want to catch him, bagging the boogeyman wouldnt bode well for selling the upcoming Iraq invasion

Quote:
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

3. In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has liberated two countries,

Crushed the Taliban,

Crippled al-Qaida,
Yes that is why al qaida is in more countries than ever before with more members.
and the Taliban still rule parts of Afghanistan
Lies lies lies
you should be ashamed.
Quote:
Put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea, without firing a shot, and
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
Lybia has been begging to play ball since the nineties
Iran will soon have nukes and NK already does.
300,000 people??? that number has steady inflated since the original 100,000 at the start of the war (Bush has killed more Iraqis btw) stop watching so much FoxNews.
you are so dumb it is scary
Quote:
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,
Now showing his true political motives

Quote:
but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch
Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
Oh you have Iraq do ya, that is why 39 people died last month. Civil war will be the only solution for that country.
are you aware of the fact everything you've said so far is BS???

Quote:
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
Well only one of those really exists, nice Hillary mention by the way, your motives are based on politics not facts you sick disrupted man.

Quote:
It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy
the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the Police
after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, killing a woman.
Well since it is politics not anything else you want to tie your allusions to answer these:
What takes longer,
George Bush snorting five lines of coke, or signing a tax break for the rich.
George Bush hiding a DUI, or hiding from active duty in the Vietnam war
I wont even get into the shiiiit that has happened since he has been in office.

***The best part is Eau Claire uses this blatant political slant effort to disprove evolution, showing his true feelings about religion, not the church, the GOP.
Yeah rock on dude! the world is 6000 years old.
It is a good thing the people you guys support are in power.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #206
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Just because social imbalance is ripe in the USA, that doesn't negate the devastating effects of attacking a country that the gov't just decided had NOTHING to do with Al Qaida.
Did they bomb every strategic building in Detroit?
Every bridge?
Do those dead soldiers live in Bagdad?
How many Iraqis have died 200,000? Is that like Detroit
falkin simpletons like you with your BS analogies are the real problem

IDIOT

The US bombed the shyt out of Japan, and Germany occupied traditional allies with the same type of shyt they tried to pull in WWI. The US joined the war late after Europe begged them

Iraq attacked no one this time, and Europe said dont do it this time.

More BS analogies

JFK wanted out of Vietnam, and was about to go through with a withdrawl before he was killed.

you are sending misinformation again.

Shameless right wing apologist!

Genocide you simple falkin BS artist, he was applauded for it by Everyone except Serbia. All the Baltic countries were in full support, certainly not the case in the middle east today.

Bush one and GWB also had opportunities, hell GWB under manned the NATO effort in Afghanistan when they had him in a "25 mile radius" in the mountains, he didn't want to catch him, bagging the boogeyman wouldnt bode well for selling the upcoming Iraq invasion

Yes that is why al qaida is in more countries than ever before with more members.
and the Taliban still rule parts of Afghanistan
Lies lies lies
you should be ashamed.

Lybia has been begging to play ball since the nineties
Iran will soon have nukes and NK already does.
300,000 people??? that number has steady inflated since the original 100,000 at the start of the war (Bush has killed more Iraqis btw) stop watching so much FoxNews.
you are so dumb it is scary

Now showing his true political motives

Oh you have Iraq do ya, that is why 39 people died last month. Civil war will be the only solution for that country.
are you aware of the fact everything you've said so far is BS???

Well only one of those really exists, nice Hillary mention by the way, your motives are based on politics not facts you sick disrupted man.

Well since it is politics not anything else you want to tie your allusions to answer these:
What takes longer,
George Bush snorting five lines of coke, or signing a tax break for the rich.
George Bush hiding a DUI, or hiding from active duty in the Vietnam war
I wont even get into the shiiiit that has happened since he has been in office.

***The best part is Eau Claire uses this blatant political slant effort to disprove evolution, showing his true feelings about religion, not the church, the GOP.
Yeah rock on dude! the world is 6000 years old.
It is a good thing the people you guys support are in power.
dude i dont think the world could survive millons of years with people like you running it...thanks, you are my new example of why the earth isnt millions of years old....but it only took this long to make it this bad,imagine how much damage couldve been done in that long!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #207
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Does Genesis Chapter 1 And Chapter 2 Contain Contradictory Accounts Of Creation? A charge that is often brought against the early chapters of Genesis is that there are two different accounts of creation. The first account is in 1:1 to 2:4a while the second account is from 2:4b until the end of chapter two. The accounts supposedly contradict each other in a number of ways. These alleged contradictions are used to prove two different authors composed these accounts.

Complementary Not Contradictory

A close examination of the text will find these so-called two accounts are complementary rather than contradictory. We have already seen that the two different names for God used in Genesis 1 and 2 have to do with the perspective of the author. The same is true with the other details presented in these two chapters.

General Account

Genesis 1:1-2:4a is a general account of God creating the heavens and the earth. This section gives an overall picture of God preparing the land for humanity to dwell in it. There is a simple statement in 1:26 that God created humankind, male and female, in His image. No more details are given. We are not told anything specific about who these people are, where they lived, or anything else about them from this general picture of creation. We are told only that God made them.

Fill In Details

Once the general overall picture has been given us, the author then begins to fill in the details about God's creative work. Thus in Genesis 2:4b, through the remainder of the chapter, the specific details of the creation of man and woman are now given. The author goes back to fill in the details that are not mentioned in the first chapter. Thus we are told the names of the first man and woman - Adam and Eve. We are informed where they were placed - the Garden of Eden - and we are provided with God's explanation on how they were created.

Omission Of Formation Of Sun, Moon, And Stars

In addition, chapter two has no mention of the creation of the sun, moon, or the stars. This also shows that it was not attempting to be a second account of creation.
here is an article i found that explains the supposed contradiction in genesis 1 and 2. not my words, but it says it pretty plain.
Common Practice

Finally, the practice of writing an account of some story, first with a general outline, and then filling in the details of the story, was common practice in the ancient world. There are many such examples in both biblical and secular writings as to this practice.

Summary

As we look at the first two chapters of Genesis we do not find two separate creation accounts. We find one general account in 1:1-2:4a and then a more specific account in 2:4b through the end of chapter two. This practice of first giving a general outline, and then going back and filling in the details was common literary practice in the ancient world.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #208
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

theres one answer for you...dont have anymore time right now.....ill give you answers for the others later...you do know you can find this stuff yourself right? the same way you find these "errors" in my beliefs. its funny because people read these things bashing creationism and things like that, but there is a website right next it that disproves all these allegations.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #209
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oooh ooh, i want to play.

"My Daddy knows everything"
"Pro Wrestling is real!"
"Arabs hide WMD in their turbans"
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #210
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
but there is a website right next it that disproves all these allegations.

I notice your website doesn't have any actual quotes from the Bible. I also notice that you didn't post a link.

Quote:
the same way you find these "errors" in my beliefs.

I find errors in your reasoning, or lack thereof. People are free to believe in creation but when they start trying to deny all the evidence that supports evolution then I have a problem.

Quote:
"Arabs hide WMD in their turbans"

lol

Last edited by tontoz : 09-12-2006 at 02:36 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: