Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 8,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonyo
lol were u insulted? lol lol lawl.



No, it's just retarded to vote for someone just for the reason it pisses off a specific group of people, moron.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #17
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
No, it's just retarded to vote for someone just for the reason it pisses off a specific group of people, moron.
That is a valid point.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 8,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
You forgot about how you're only supposed to help the good aryans in a disaster but when african americans are in danger of losing their lives you turn the other cheek and then afterwards say "My god, I never expected that to happen" when they all die.

That's a good point, then never visit the NAACP until after.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #19
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Its amazing to me how people spout off about things that they have no clue what they are talking about. then again that is nothing new for you.

As to the post about why this isnt true, you dont have to believe everything or even a majority of things a candidate believes to vote for them. I disagree with alot of the things bush does(no child left behind is very high among them) but i voted for him for several reasons. The thing is, you just have to believe that the candidate is better than the other one either overall or on the most important issues to you. I know that many voted for bush because they feel the country is safer with him as a president which imo it is and that did play a part in my voting for him.

Yeah, coming from someone who on dallasbasketball.com said "I should be able to call a black person a ****** if i want since they call eachother it!"

Your opinion on how Bush and the republicans are awesome and not racist holds no weight buddy. NONE.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #20
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
You forgot about how you're only supposed to help the good aryans in a disaster but when african americans are in danger of losing their lives you turn the other cheek and then afterwards say "My god, I never expected that to happen" when they all die.



What the hell are you on about? If you are talking about Katrina, blacks weren't the only ones affected. Whites were as well. I bet you didn't hear anything about St. Bernards Parish, and how ****ed up they were. They didn't get any help. And, they were made up of middle class/upper class white people. Turn the other cheek? LOL They didn't all die. Funny how you are only blaming Bush.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #21
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn
 
ZHAKIDD532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ/NY
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Yeah, coming from someone who on dallasbasketball.com said "I should be able to call a black person a ****** if i want since they call eachother it!"

Your opinion on how Bush and the republicans are awesome and not racist holds no weight buddy. NONE.
true, very true...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #22
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho
 
Take Your Lumps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,288
Default

The left blames Bush Jr. for Osama/Al-Qaeda/Taliban.

The right wants to blame Clinton for Osama/Al-Qaeda/Taliban.

The real culprit is Bush Sr. for obvious reasons.

He set up the initial conditions that gave this "Jihad-ist" movement CONFIDENCE.

They drove the Russians out with our help, money, and professional training and we wonder why the fcuk the things that have happend over the past couple decades have happened.

So, actually, Bush Jr. might be better equipped to handle the war than anyone because his own crooked father gave these fcukers POWER.

Who would know these terrorists better than a guy who regularly did business with them?

Scary thought is if they still are doing business.....:confused:
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #23
schyza
High School Starter
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
You forgot about how you're only supposed to help the good aryans in a disaster but when african americans are in danger of losing their lives you turn the other cheek and then afterwards say "My god, I never expected that to happen" when they all die.


This has to be one of if not the most ignorant comment I have read. Take it from someone who lived in NO. New Orleans was one of many cities devastated but all you hear about is NO complaining. Lets see NO has been democratically ran for 60+ years if they are so good why isnít New Orleans some great utopia? The dems have had 60 years to run that state and show the world how they can run things and any open minded person will look at NO and see the dems for what they are. They have that state set up were the vast majority is on government assistance and the state has done nothing to turn it around why? The residences have to riley on the government/dems to help them live helps them get reelected. Then you have Ray Nagin what a complete a$$ if you look up the hurricane evacuation plan for NO the 1st response should come from the state level they had a procedure to use the public school busís to evacuate areaís and people who could not be evacuated due to no car but he left them sitting and then they were flooded out. You are just ignorant and like to play the race card. Hereís a question for you. What president made MLK day a national holiday? Answer Ronald Regan a white republican!!! How many African Americans had high positions of power in the Clinton administration? Answer 0 How many has Bush had? At least 2 Powell and Rice.(and I am not a Rep I am a register IND)
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #24
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default

Quote:
1) Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of homosexuals and Hillary
Clinton.
Christians don't "hate homosexuals" the thing is they "hate" the sin of homosexuality. Hillary Clinton is completely irrelevant to the topic.
Quote:
2) Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
Saddam overstepped his boundaries as a leader. Had he not invaded Kuwait, none of this would be happening. A democrat probably would have done the same thing. But I guess we'll never know.
Quote:
3) Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is Communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
What does Cuba have to offer? Baseball players? China actually makes stuff that is important to the American economy. Just like the Southern US supplies the Northern US with things and vice versa.
Quote:
7) If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
Eh, not true, there aren't any condoms in my school but kids still have sex. That view doesn't really matter.
Quote:
11) Global warming, evolution and tobacco's link to cancer are junk
science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
Global warming and evolution are THEORIES. Meaning it's an unproved belief. Creationism is proven either. But there are many contradictions to evolution. Tobacco's link to cancer is proven. Not sure why it's called a junk science.
Quote:
15) Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a
conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers
for your recovery.
Being a drug addict is being a drug addict, it doesn't matter what you do.

Quote:
17) Feel free to pass this on. If you don't send it to at least 10 other
people, we're likely to be stuck with more Republicans in '06 and '08.
sounds like someone was bitter that Kerry lost.

This whole thing is retarded. The ones I didn't comment on were those that I felt I didn't know enough on to comment on. There were some on there that were completely stupid. Put it this way: You couldn't do any better, and if the majority of America thought that John Kerry was the better candidate, then guess what, he probably would have won. But oh wait, I bet it's Bush's fault because there's some conspiracy that he changed the votes right? At least Kerry didn't ***** and call for a recount like his fellow Dem Al Gore. He lost and he took it like a man. If Bush had lost, would Republicans be whining and complaining about the state of the nation as much as Democrats are had a Democrat won? We won't ever know.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #25
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default

"Global warming and evolution are THEORIES. Meaning it's an unproved belief."

LOL what a joke. There is a mountain of evidence supporting both.

There is zero evidence supporting creation.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #26
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
LOL what a joke. There is a mountain of evidence supporting both.
Try me. Sure, there may be a mountain of evidence SUPPORTING it, but there isn't a shred of evidence PROVING it.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #27
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default

The power of denial knows no bounds among people like you.

The tons of fossilized bones of creatures that lived millions of years before us don't prove anything. The gradually changing form of our ancestors doesn't prove anything.

You people are the modern decendents of those that thought thunder was really the gods having a tantrum. They thought the earth was flat and also the center of the universe.

So if God created us in his own image why did he wait millions of years to do it? Did he really like watching Jurassic Park that much?

And what has he been doing since then? Is he just sitting up there with one thumb up his butt and the other in his mouth playing switch? Why doesn't he create life on Jupiter or Mars in his image?
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #28
$ci
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
You forgot the one about the world being 6000 years old and the fact that WW3 is a necessary precursor to the impending judgement day.


You are a dumbass. Who said christians think the world is 600 years old? I love all these silly numbers you guys throw around
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #29
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
Default

GLOBAL WARMING?

Of course its a reality.
If you'd bother to take an environmental science class, it would be obvious to you. Record temperatures in multiple regions, record number of devasting storms and hurricanes, disruption of the ocean current and el nino system, rise in sea level, blah blah blah. All just coincidence? Are you still confused? :confused:
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #30
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
The tons of fossilized bones of creatures that lived millions of years before us don't prove anything. The gradually changing form of our ancestors doesn't prove anything.
Sounds like you are familiar with such records as Nebraska Man, Piltdown Man, Java Man, Rama's Ape - All of those were scientifically dismissed as either ape's or flukes. The only reason they're still taught as missing links is because the wonderful Smithsonian Institute hasn't edited the facts. Also records of Neanderthal Man and Cro-Magnon man were dismissed as normal humans.
Quote:
You people are the modern decendents of those that thought thunder was really the gods having a tantrum. They thought the earth was flat and also the center of the universe.
yeah, technology evolved, not humans.
Quote:
So if God created us in his own image why did he wait millions of years to do it? Did he really like watching Jurassic Park that much?
How do you know it was millions? Because carbon dating or DNA mapping says so? None of those methods have been tried and true proven to work.
Quote:
And what has he been doing since then? Is he just sitting up there with one thumb up his butt and the other in his mouth playing switch? Why doesn't he create life on Jupiter or Mars in his image?
There's a Christian talk thread probably on the 2nd or 3rd page with over 600 replies. That answer is probably in there.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy