Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #316
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
in the bible we are promised a certain amount of years if we are obedient to gods commandments.

So why don't religious people live to 900 now, or at least live longer than non-believers?

Quote:
and your also saying that these harmless herbivores developed into their own predators to spare the environment?

And if you aren't going to bother reading about the tree of life then there is no point in me continuing to answer questions about it.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #317
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
First of all in the beginning, if we started from a single cell, OF COURSE there was a very sparse population. After all we started at 1. Duh.

They evolved that size to take advantage of the plentiful environment. When the comet hit all of a sudden the environment changed and they couldn't adapt. The advantage switched to smaller creatures.

And your long cut and paste posts are difficult to read in full while i am supposed to be working.
your preaching to the choir on the cut and paste thing! so this "comet" changed the environment so they couldnt adapt? thanks for explaining why there is giraffes and elephants! by the way....you were almost right,it started at two from GOd, not one from nothing. (TSM)
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #318
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
So why don't religious people live to 900 now, or at least live longer than non-believers?

And if you aren't going to bother reading about the tree of life then there is no point in me continuing to answer questions about it.
no, we arent promised 900 years! thats funny. its something like 70...three score and ten, or something like that. it says in the bible that the time on this earth is short. i read part of the tree of life thing...but still cant explain my questions. as for the non-believer thing...god is the author of life to all creation, not just believers, satan has powers too, and can keep some around longer to fight his battles on earth....also God can keep people around longer to give them a chance to accept his salvation.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #319
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
so this "comet" changed the environment so they couldnt adapt? thanks for explaining why there is giraffes and elephants!

Man you are slow. Elephants and giraffes DID NOT EXIST THEN, so they didn't have to adapt to the sudden change in the enviroment, which was basically like a nuclear winter.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #320
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
its something like 70

So people who follow God are promised 70 years? I think there are a lot of people who probably feel a little short changed after getting hit by a drunk driver or dying of a stroke.

I guess God's promises aren't worth much.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #321
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Man you are slow. Elephants and giraffes DID NOT EXIST THEN, so they didn't have to adapt to the sudden change in the enviroment, which was basically like a nuclear winter.
wooley mammoths were around then right? didnt elephant come from mammoth? nuclear winter huh? wow, with these comments about nuclear winters and comets and coming from monkeys that came from soup that came from nothing is really starting to sound WAY more convincing than my simple theory of man came from God and god created everything. think about it man
Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #322
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
So people who follow God are promised 70 years? I think there are a lot of people who probably feel a little short changed after getting hit by a drunk driver or dying of a stroke.

I guess God's promises aren't worth much.
i probably shouldve waited to post that after i found the exact verse which states it....it explains it exactly...sorry, ill find it shortly
Old 09-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #323
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
wooley mammoths were around then right?

Mommoths are extinct.

Elephants actually evolved from a mammal similar to a pig.

http://elephant.elehost.com/About_El...evolution.html

And if God can create things so easily then why did he stop? Why doesn't he create life on Mars or Jupiter?

Last edited by tontoz : 09-13-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #324
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
"..wages of sin is death…." Adam and Eve’s decision to sin against God resulted in the inception of decay and thus, the degeneration of our gene pool. "

It's their children, and their children's children that would truly end up paying the ultimate price Adam and Eve's choice brought onto the entire world.

WTF did Adam and Eve do that was so bad?

Quote:
(all of mankind descended from Adam and Eve and are truly therefore their children).

So we are all inbred.

Quote:
each generation of offspring would inherit additionally bad genes because of the fact they are passed on by both parents. And so the more generations that passed, the diseases and deformities would have therefore multiplied.

So basically we are devolving, getting progressively weaker all the time. Of course all evidence is completely contrary to this.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #325
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

eauclair, you were asking about matter, space and time, what was first. What about God/The Intelligent Designer then? How could he manage to do anything without matter, space and time?

btw, arguing with you is borderline impossible. You're quoting pagelong essays from studied demagogues, we're simple persons posting on a message board. Secondly, you're believing in a fairy-tale book called the bible that was written to spread a religion - It's nothing more than propaganda that was able to convince millions of people that were not enlighted, and science was basically non-existant back then.

Last edited by Juvenile : 09-13-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #326
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
eauclair, you were asking about matter, space and time, what was first. What about God/The Intelligent Designer then? How could he manage to do anything without matter, space and time?

btw, arguing with you is borderline impossible. You're quoting pagelong essays from studied demagogues, we're simple persons posting on a message board. Secondly, you're believing in a fairy-tale book called the bible that was written to spread a religion - It's nothing more than propaganda that was able to convince millions of people that were not enlighted, and science was basically non-existant back then.

Simple, He created them! God is not subject to these things. the only reason i post them is because some of the questions people ask call for such drastic measures. and sometimes when i cant put it in clear enough words, these do the trick. fairytale book? i really hope someone "enlightens" you someday, before its too late. we all will stand before him when we die and if your names not written in the lambs book of life then it eternal hell...i know, i know why would a loving God do this? because he is a just God and everyone is given a chance to accept or reject his gift. i posted earlier a quote from the bible that predicts people such as yourself will stray from believing and write the bible off as a myth(summarized). explain why you think its propaganda.

Last edited by eauclaire447 : 09-13-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #327
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

by the way...some people on here would agree that they are simple people.....they evolved from monkeys and became scientists and scholars. at least thats the impression it leaves when you put anything man made or written above god.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #328
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I ask you, what reason do you have to believe in the bible? It was written by ordinary people that had no clue how anything in the world works. They had no clue of ANY science, believed in astrology etc. Of course people that have written the bible will try to come with some explanations on why something happened the way it did. Doesn't mean it's true.
As for the propaganda thing ... there's a reason why the catholic church removed several books from the bible, because they didn't convey the image of Jesus/God/christianity as they wanted to. The bible is and was a measure to spread christian beliefs by writing "fairy tales", exaggerating true events and include some christian morale to it. It's nothing more.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #329
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
that has to be the beginning basis for your argument, without knowing that there is no foundation to the rest of the nonsense

Sigh

In both theories of creation and evolution the Earth was here before there was any life. Therefore the question of where the Earth came from and the whole time/space nonsense is irrelevant.

This is a recording.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #330
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
I ask you, what reason do you have to believe in the bible? It was written by ordinary people that had no clue how anything in the world works. They had no clue of ANY science, believed in astrology etc. Of course people that have written the bible will try to come with some explanations on why something happened the way it did. Doesn't mean it's true.
As for the propaganda thing ... there's a reason why the catholic church removed several books from the bible, because they didn't convey the image of Jesus/God/christianity as they wanted to. The bible is and was a measure to spread christian beliefs by writing "fairy tales", exaggerating true events and include some christian morale to it. It's nothing more.
man there is so much about the bible that you and the other people who call it a fairytale dont know. granted, most (not all) of the writers were less than educated on things, but thats the thing about God, he can take natural, very average people and do supernatural amazing things with them. there is actually alot of stuff in the bible that coincides with history books. of course catholics took books out, they arent christian, they are catholic...theres a big difference! we wont go there because that road is well traveled.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: