Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #331
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Sigh

In both theories of creation and evolution the Earth was here before there was any life. Therefore the question of where the Earth came from and the whole time/space nonsense is irrelevant.

This is a recording.
yeah but see, in your case nothing became something through the power of nothing (or science) in my case God made something with his almighty power and then created life to live on it. He created time space and matter so it doesnt pertain to Him.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #332
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,427
Default

Quote:
he can take natural, very average people and do supernatural amazing things with them.

So what has God done lately besides veg out?

And what did Adam and Eve do that caused God to give them, and all future generations, a death sentence?

Quote:
He created time space and matter so it doesnt pertain to Him.

And where did God come from? After all how could such an all powerful being just appear out of nothing?
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #333
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Juvenile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
man there is so much about the bible that you and the other people who call it a fairytale dont know. granted, most (not all) of the writers were less than educated on things, but thats the thing about God, he can take natural, very average people and do supernatural amazing things with them. there is actually alot of stuff in the bible that coincides with history books. of course catholics took books out, they arent christian, they are catholic...theres a big difference! we wont go there because that road is well traveled.

I don't know what to say...

1. you know as much about how the bible was written as anyone. Saying that only because you firmly believe in it means you know everything about it and it's origin is just ... nuts.
2. Of course there are things coincing with history. I never denied that it really was written some 2000 years ago (cf my second to last sentence in my previous post)
3. Now you're telling me that catholics are not christian? The catholic church has domiated christianity for several hundreds of years now, even if you don't believe they are christians (again: ), they still manipulated the bible to accord with what they wanted it to convey
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #334
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
And where did God come from? After all how could such an all powerful being just appear out of nothing?
God is eternal. God was ALWAYS here.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #335
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
So what has God done lately besides veg out?

And what did Adam and Eve do that caused God to give them, and all future generations, a death sentence?



And where did God come from? After all how could such an all powerful being just appear out of nothing?
when we (you, I or even stephen hawking) talk about the begging of time or millions of years or anything of that nature, we are thinking on an finite level....God is on an infinite level, where no man can really comprehend or fathom how things work. when someone says forever, its hard to grasp how long that really is! take the largest number known to man and it still isnt enough. when God placed adam and eve in the garden of eden he gave them free reign over everything.....except the tree of the forbidden fruit. then satan came along as a serpent (this is possible,he can come into people the same way) and tempted eve to partake of the tree...she knew it was wrong but did it anyway...by doing so she disobeyed Gods command and thus, entered sin into the world.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #336
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,427
Default

Quote:
God is eternal. God was ALWAYS here

So what is he doing right now?

According to you God has been around forever and has the ability to create time, space, matter, life, planets and so on yet there is no sign of him doing anything right now.

I guess God must be the ultimate coach potato.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #337
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,427
Default

Quote:
except the tree of the forbidden fruit. then satan came along as a serpent (this is possible,he can come into people the same way) and tempted eve to partake of the tree...she knew it was wrong but did it anyway...by doing so she disobeyed Gods command and thus, entered sin into the world.

Tree of forbiden fruit? So in other words she ate something God didn't like so he sentenced her to death? And you worship this dude?
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #338
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
I don't know what to say...

1. you know as much about how the bible was written as anyone. Saying that only because you firmly believe in it means you know everything about it and it's origin is just ... nuts.
2. Of course there are things coincing with history. I never denied that it really was written some 2000 years ago (cf my second to last sentence in my previous post)
3. Now you're telling me that catholics are not christian? The catholic church has domiated christianity for several hundreds of years now, even if you don't believe they are christians (again: ), they still manipulated the bible to accord with what they wanted it to convey
christian- believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sins so that they can go to heaven..can pray directly to God,doesnt put jesus' mother up as a holy entity. confess sins to the holy father above
catholic- go to confession instead of confessing sins to god they do it to men.
pray to mary so that she can pray to Jesus on behalf of them. think you can go to pergatory before heaven......not sure if they believe that you have to confess jesus died on cross for sins...if so thats one of the few similarities
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #339
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Juvenile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 478
Default

next thing is eauclair tells me Satan has possessed me and forces me to argue against creation.

I'm out of this discussion, eauclair and other blind religios people are lost cases.

btw, I do believe that there is/was something like god. I don't believe that Jesus was the son of god though. He may have existed but certainly was not what he's made out to be by his FANatics (do I sound a bit like Knoe now? :)But I also believe that christianity can be a good thing if not misinterpreted, but you guys are really taking it too far.

Last edited by Juvenile : 09-13-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM   #340
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Tree of forbiden fruit? So in other words she ate something God didn't like so he sentenced her to death? And you worship this dude?
God did this as a direct test of obedience...she had a free will to make the decision to partake...just like he gives you a free will to accept him and go to heaven or reject him and go to hell. and you cant just go to heaven because you are a good person....you have to believe jesus died on the cross for your sin because no sin is allowed in heaven and by accepting this gift it covers you in his blood
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #341
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
next thing is eauclair tells me Satan has possessed me and forces me to argue against creation.

I'm out of this discussion, eauclair and other blind religios people are lost cases.

btw, I do believe that there is/was something like god. I don't believe that Jesus was the son of god though. He may have existed but certainly was not what he's made out to be by his FANatics (do I sound a bit like Knoe now? :)But I also believe that christianity can be a good thing if not misinterpreted, but you guys are really taking it too far.

whatever man..... god bless....ill be praying for you
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #342
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,427
Default

Quote:
God did this as a direct test of obedience...she had a free will to make the decision to partake..

So God gave her a death sentence for eating something that was supposedly forbidden. That doesn't sound like someone worthy of worship to me.

We will all be worm food one day whether we believe in God or not. And there is no evidence that God is doing anything right now other than sitting around with one thumb in his mouth and the other in his butt playing switch.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #343
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
So God gave her a death sentence for eating something that was supposedly forbidden. That doesn't sound like someone worthy of worship to me.

We will all be worm food one day whether we believe in God or not. And there is no evidence that God is doing anything right now other than sitting around with one thumb in his mouth and the other in his butt playing switch.

i didnt expect you to understand. of course you dont think God is doing anything.....you view everything as if there is no GOd so anything good that happens never has nor ever will be attributed to God the Father. Correct, your body may be worm food, but your soul will not, either in heaven or hell, your choice
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #344
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,427
Default

Quote:
you view everything as if there is no GOd so anything good that happens never has nor ever will be attributed to God the Father

My view is that if God created a person right now we would certainly know about it. It hasn't happened.

My view is that if God had the power to create life on planets then there is nothing to stop him from creating life on other planets. After all he created the universe right? why would he create life on only one planet?

Right now God is just a veg.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #345
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
Default

maybe in your life but not in mine
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy