Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #31
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

"yeah, technology evolved, not humans.
"

Evolution is right in front of your face, you just refuse to see it.

it is a fact that people are taller now than they were even 50 years ago. Why? Evolution.

Evolution is an indisputable fact for a simple reason.

*puts on teachers cap*

Evolution is a product of genetic mutation, which has been proven to occur at regular intervals in all living things. Those mutations that help a living thing survive/reproduce get passed on to future generations.

There is a major war going on against evolution right now that has nothing to do with what is taught in schools. It is occuring in all hospitals. Staff infections are becoming more dangerous. Hospitals are having to use antibiotics more sporadically and drug companies are having to come up with new drugs to treat the infections.

Why? When a drug is used on a virus continually some of the cells survive due to mutation. Those cells gradually reproduce and pass on the mutation. Over time the virus becomes more and more drug resistant AS A RESULT OF EVOLUTION.

Evolution has been proven to be an undeniable fact due to the proven regularity of genetic mutation.

According to people like you hospitals could just keep using the same drugs on the same infections forever since living things don't evolve. Unfortunately your beliefs have absolutely no basis in reality.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Genetic mutations have never been proven to have a positive effect on people. Take redheads for example. Red hair is a genetic mutation, do they have superpowers? No. Can they do things better than others? No. People who are born with 6 fingers on one hand. That's a genetic mutation. Can they do more things than a person with only 5? No, and usually the extra finger or toe is amputated at birth.

Also, just because a virus builds up an immunity to a drug doesn't prove evolution. It's a good point, but viruses are not classified as living things. It's just like the Tylenol company has to make a stronger pain killer because people's bodies are building up a resistance to the regular kind. I believe it's just the white blood cells just getting stronger and the pill being less effective because the body is getting used to it.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

"Also, just because a virus builds up an immunity to a drug doesn't prove evolution. It's a good point, but viruses are not classified as living things"

LOL man now I know you are a retard. Viruses aren't living things? omfg

What do you think the drugs are used for? The drugs are used to kill the
virus.

"I believe it's just the white blood cells just getting stronger and the pill being less effective because the body is getting used to it."

White blood cells are living things, just like viruses. Both can be killed, just like a fetus.

And let's look at this creation nonsense. If we are all descended from Adam and Eve then that would mean we are all inbred. And what did Adam and Eve look like? Did they look like blacks, whites or asians?

Why are there so many differences between different races of people?
Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #34
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I said they are NOT CLASSIFIED as living things. Just going by what the textbooks say.

The main belief is that the differences in race came from Noah's 3 sons: Ham, Sham, and Japteth as they came off of the ark with their families. One settled the Europe area, another settled the African area, and another settled in the China area, along the way they crossbreeded and such. That's the Christian belief.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #35
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

The only reason why Bush won was because in Ohio, the deciding state, put on the ballot of whether or not to legalize gay marriage (or abortion forgot which one) and it brought out more conservatives to the ballot and they saw that bush was against that so they voted for bush as well.

That is why bush won and its just lame that ohio happened to put that on the ballot at the same time.

bush is a moron and doesnt use common sense.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #36
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I said they are NOT CLASSIFIED as living things. Just going by what the textbooks say.

Nonsense. There is no textbook that says that. A virus is a living thing just as much as you are.

All living things are made up of one or more cells. In the case of humans we have trillions of cells. For example there are blood cells, skin cells, brain cells (not many in your case), bone cells etc. The majority are very much alive, which they have to be to perform their functions.

They can be killed just like a virus. For example if you get a bad sunburn your skin will turn red and it will be painful. After a few days you will start peeling as the DEAD SKIN CELLS turn white and can be peeled off painlessly, because they are dead. They are replaced by living skin cells.

You must have failed biology, or you never took it.

"One settled the Europe area, another settled the African area, and another settled in the China area, along the way they crossbreeded and such. That's the Christian belief."

I'd like to know how they cross bred since they were separated by thousands of miles. maybe God transported them across great distances to get laid, sort of a divine pimp.

Last edited by tontoz : 09-06-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #37
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I had a 98 average in biology. Maybe my textbooks differ from yours. Also, don't write me off as retarded just because my opinions don't match up to yours, whether you think you're right or not.

Cells are organisms that do a particular task for the body. They can't think or act on their own, the brain controls them, sending signals through the nervous system. Skin cells make up the skin, brain cells make up the brain. They don't get up each morning and have coffee along with you.

Did you ever think that these families traveled together for sometime. They didn't have an airport at Mt. Ararat and just take off right there. They walked. It could have easily taken years upon years for the families to even get to a separating point.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #38
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
GLOBAL WARMING?

Of course its a reality.
If you'd bother to take an environmental science class, it would be obvious to you. Record temperatures in multiple regions, record number of devasting storms and hurricanes, disruption of the ocean current and el nino system, rise in sea level, blah blah blah. All just coincidence? Are you still confused? :confused:

Umm just to let you know, we have no clue about that. We just havent had records on the temperature long enough to know if its anything more than just a cycle. In the 50s everyone said the world was about to go into another Ice Age. This is one thing that at least for the moment is beyond the knowledge of ANYONE on the planet. If your environmental science teacher told you that global warming is true beyond a shadow of a doubt he should be fired immediately. What is true is that the eart is warming right now but we have no way of knowing to any reasonable degree of certainty its cause.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #39
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW, viruses are generally not considered living things. This is because in most circles the definition of a living thing involves being made up of cells. Viruses arent.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #40
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
BTW, viruses are generally not considered living things. This is because in most circles the definition of a living thing involves being made up of cells. Viruses arent.

Nah, they are considered NOT organisms, but there is no doubt that they are living.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #41
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
They can't think or act on their own,

You brought up white blood cells earlier, which attack viruses. How do they know what to attack if they can't act on their own?

Quote:
Did you ever think that these families traveled together for sometime. They didn't have an airport at Mt. Ararat and just take off right there. They walked. It could have easily taken years upon years for the families to even get to a separating point.

First of all you are talking about creation and yet you haven't addressed where these people on Noah's arc came from. Did they come from Adam and Eve? You still haven't said how the first humans were "created".

And if they were walking to separate continents it is safe to assume they were walking in different directions.

Even if they did stay together for a long time there would still be inbreeding if they started out with only 3 families. Are you really trying to say that all of us are descended from 3 families?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #42
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
BTW, viruses are generally not considered living things.

They wouldn't be able to kill us if they weren't living things.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #43
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Look at the population density, 85% were black, shut up he has point.

DID U GET MY PM?

And whose fault is it that the population is 85% black? What does that have to do with anything? Let me guess; Bush? Yeah, it's Bush's fault the hurricane hit.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #44
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
And whose fault is it that the population is 85% black? What does that have to do with anything? Let me guess; Bush? Yeah, it's Bush's fault the hurricane hit.

Yes, as Kobe24 said, he would have actually DONE SOMETHING if it was Texas, but no, it was just black New Orleans.

Your rep is ruined, make a new name.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #45
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Ask yourself this: If it was Texas,would Bush have reacted faster?

Now shutup. I suggest making a new username since your rep has been tarnished with the PM situation.

The notion that Bush didn't care about them or did nothing for them when the morons had days or advance warning, not to mention that during the previous year before a hurricane hit, there was a chance of it smashing into NOLA and the doomsday scenario that happened was discussed. The people who stayed behind were idiots and a lot of them were/are total degenerate scumbags, as the looting demonstrated. And as the increased crime rates wherever they've gone in large groups really attests to.

New Orleans was ****ed to start with. Great city planning...."Wow..they get a lot of hurricanes here.....let's build a city in that bowl! Brilliant!"

You find it in every hurricane. Hundreds of people (or idiots as some of us call them) that think the hurricanes won't hurt them, won't destroy their home like all the others, and refuse to leave. Then wonder why there isn't help on their front doorstep the second they are in trouble. Guess what, they were warned. In fact, Katrina gave a lot more warning than most hurricanes. Andrew gave little time to Miami, Charley gave little time to Port Charlotte (spent 6 months living in a hotel thanks to this one ). These people knew that they had Levees that were basically designed hundreds of years ago, and thought staying was a good idea....and then pissed when, suprise suprise, they broke.

And why the President is responsible for something that it is suppose to be controlled by City and State goverments, FEMA, and local Nation Guard always confused me. All the president should really be responsible for is saying "Yes, it is a federal disaster" (And if I'm not mistaking, I believe he declared it a disaster before it even made landfall)

And why lay any responsibility at all on the Governor and Mayor of the very city where such a disaster took place? Why, because the President runs everything! It's BUSH driving up the gas prices, it was BUSH who left those people in New Orleans, cackling gleefully at their suffering.

You know what? I bet he SUMMONED Hurricane Katrina!

"Hee hee hee. **** Cheney says there's lots of minorities and poor people in New Orleans. I don't like either of those groups, because as you know, I'm a Republican, and so I must hate anyone who's not rich and white! HEE HEE HEE!"

Let's not blame the city officials for piss poor planning of their city. Let's not blame the people for staying. Let's not blame state officials for not being prepared. I mean...it's not like they have had to deal with major hurricanes before....oh wait....they have...several times.....

I guess they were all sitting on their hands with Katrina bearing down on them waiting for the words of wisdom from Bush.

I'm sure the Democrats will also blame Bush for New Orleans building their city in a bowl 200 years ago. Time travel machine to go back in time and tell them to do it.

Let's not play the normal democrat game of "This is what the republicans are doing wrong" I got enough of that from Kerry. We are gonna play a new game. Why don't you tell us what Bush SHOULD have done after Katrina hit. Not the state officials, not his directors, not the guard...him personally.

I'm not saying the federal goverment has no responisbilty, I'm saying the president's main responisibilty ends at Declaring a Federal Disaster Area. (Once again, I'm fairly sure this was done before landfall) Once he declares that it is the people under him trained in this that are responsible.

BTW, for your reading:

The United States Northern Command established Joint Task Force (JTF) Katrina based out of Camp Shelby, Mississippi, to act as the military's on-scene command on Sunday, August 28.[59] Approximately 58,000 National Guard personnel were activated to deal with the storm's aftermath, with troops coming from all 50 states.[60] The Department of Defense also activated volunteer members of the Civil Air Patrol and the United States Coast Guard activated more than 400 reservists.[61]
Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, decided to take over the federal, state, and local operations officially on August 30, 2005, citing the National Response Plan.[62]

Seems to me the Government was on this the day Katrina hit. You want a scapegoat, Michael Chertoff is your man.

I think he's done pretty much as good a job as any other person elected president would have done. That includes the war on terror, Katrina (which he gets scapegoated for, the blame belongs on all exective leaders in all levels of government.), the economy and Supreme Court appointments.

Does anyone really think that Katrina would have been handled better is Kerry or Gore was president? If so, tell me why.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: