Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #76
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

just go outside and look around you........all this beautiful creation just happened? i think not! whats your purpose in this life? im kinda interested in how this evolution thing now.....maybe we can someday develop wings and fly! quick, one of you go talk to this magical rock and see what it can do for me....ill get to the flood issue later..no time right now
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #77
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
just go outside and look around you........all this beautiful creation just happened? i think not! whats your purpose in this life? im kinda interested in how this evolution thing now.....maybe we can someday develop wings and fly! quick, one of you go talk to this magical rock and see what it can do for me....ill get to the flood issue later..no time right now

Lol you are silly.

I see you know nothing about evolution, it's called survival of the fittest for a reason. Over time, the humans that are adapt to survive in our environment, and are the ones that that usually reproduce. ****ing wings? arrogance is funny.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #78
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
no one will be able to show me proof of one species "evolving" into a completely different species.

Species is a distinction that we make. Frankly off the top of my head I couldn't even say exactly what constitutes a different species.

Obviously lions can't evolve into apes. But over a period of time creatures mutate and can form different species quite easily.

Snakes are legless but if you look at their skeletons you can see growths where they used to have legs.

We have a tailbone which isn't much use since we don't have tails. And we have an appendix for what exactly?
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #79
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

it was a joke.....but it just seems to go without saying that if we started out a single cell and developed up to where we are now...whats stopping further progression....not advancements in science and knowledge. have we reached our evolutionary peak? thats convienent
Old 09-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #80
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Say you believe cookies are bad for you, and you're a firm believer of it. Then someone comes along and gives you all these believeable reasons as to why cookies are good for you. Most likely you'll just get pissed off and say the guy is retarded. It would take a lot for you to change your belief. Same goes for what's being discussed here.

The difference is that we have evidence to back up our beliefs. You don't. All you have is a book written hundreds of years ago but a guy who had no clue about genetics or molecular biology.

Some Muslims men think they will get 72 virgins in heaven when they day. Do they have any evidence of this? Of course not. But they believe it based on nothing more than blind faith.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #81
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we have an appendix from when we ate grass btw.

The best argument that I can make for God would be simply that the Earth isnt eternal. It was created and everything that was created has a creator. Hence the Earth has a creator.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #82
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Species is a distinction that we make. Frankly off the top of my head I couldn't even say exactly what constitutes a different species.

Obviously lions can't evolve into apes. But over a period of time creatures mutate and can form different species quite easily.

Snakes are legless but if you look at their skeletons you can see growths where they used to have legs.

We have a tailbone which isn't much use since we don't have tails. And we have an appendix for what exactly?

seems to me that someone who thinks that they came from a monkey has some bigger issues. does you life mean that little to you? that you would say you developed from a monkey? king kong aient my daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #83
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
it was a joke.....but it just seems to go without saying that if we started out a single cell and developed up to where we are now...whats stopping further progression....not advancements in science and knowledge. have we reached our evolutionary peak? thats convienent

Nice strawman argument. Nobody has claimed that we have reached our evolutionary peak. Judging from this thread i would say there is certainly room for further progress.

And I don't see how it is so hard to believe that we came from a single celled organism when you consider what happens during the 9 months after conception.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #84
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

evolutionists use circular reasoning.....there are so many different facts that dont line up about your theory, if you would be willing to listen to some audio UNBIASEDLY i will put a link on here.....even if you dont agree its very interesting.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #85
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yes, run along and study one of your quack websites and drop more cut and paste nuggets....please hurry.

stick to Theology, that should be enough, shouldn't it?

nothing wrong with religion,

but believing in intelligent design makes you dumb, sorry it is just bad science. And before you bash science understand that that is what intelligence design was designed for, to bridge science and the bible to prove the happenings in the bible to be facts.

the problems with this:
-it cherry picks certain 'proofs' (which are merely some of the evidence of a much larger picture) and presents them as real, while ignoring the overwhelming proofs that disprove it completely. No one without motive supports it in the entire scientific community. You must look at the whole picture, and yes evolution is just a 'theory' but dont mistake a scientific 'theory' to be the same thing as your conventional definition of a theory.

Scientific theories are concepts which have been tested more than anything you could ever imagine and still hold to be consistent to this day. No one has presented enough evidence to refute evolution to this day and there are a ton of people who set out to do so, because that it how you also prove it correct.

Intel design theorist (see nutjobs) dont operate by this basic scientific principle and that is why theyare looked upon as agenda driven people who are a sad joke adn an affront to real scientists.

you can have God and believe in the obvious scientific facts that are proven right daily.

dont polluted your mind with this BS, it is really pathetic.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #86
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

yeah.....we develop in 9 months not 100000000000000000000years!!!!!!!! did it suddenly slow down??? the creation of life is from the hand of God.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #87
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
seems to me that someone who thinks that they came from a monkey has some bigger issues. does you life mean that little to you? that you would say you developed from a monkey? king kong aient my daddy

Those monkey are 95% identical to you genetically whether you like it or not.

And evolution takes a long time. It was probably hundreds of thousands of years ago that we branched off from monkeys.

I would prefer to believe that than to think we are all having sex with our relatives.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #88
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yeah.....we develop in 9 months not 100000000000000000000years!!!!!!!! did it suddenly slow down??? the creation of life is from the hand of God.

we come from a single celled organism when our sperm 'cell' joins with the egg

evolutionary microcosm

do you think our origins are any different???????????????

now who has a closed mind???????
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #89
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

download option 1
Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #90
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

whoops....that was supposed to be a link!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: