Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
Venja42
Decent playground baller
 
Venja42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The North Section of Philadelphia
Posts: 338
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He is more of an asset to the Nugges with his expiring contract than to just buy him out.

Definitely agree...


But say the deadline passes and the Nuggets wanna try to save a few dollars on the end of their cap. I think its possible . . .

They might try to accommodate him
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Definitely agree...


But say the deadline passes and the Nuggets wanna try to save a few dollars on the end of their cap. I think its possible . . .

They might try to accommodate him

Yea I could see something like that happening if they cant get a deal done. I think the key to this whole AI saga is not to rush things and not to make a hasty trade just to get something for him. If he walks, at least they free up cap
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #18
guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,856
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
What about a buyout??

You think AI would be willing to do so in order to latch onto a contender around February?? And who would be interested??

He's not Marbury.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,911
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Knowing Denver's front office, I would not be surprised i he isn't in Denver next year, or by March. They "traded" Camby, and let Najera and Diawara walk. Sucks to see him have to move again if it happens, but like he said, it's a business. All depends on how Denver does from the beginning to February.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #20
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,635
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

I'd like to see him in Orlando.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,933
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
I'd like to see him in Orlando.

good call. he would be a good fit.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #22
Kobe681
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 514
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Knowing Denver's front office, I would not be surprised i he isn't in Denver next year, or by March. They "traded" Camby, and let Najera and Diawara walk. Sucks to see him have to move again if it happens, but like he said, it's a business. All depends on how Denver does from the beginning to February.

When did this happen?!?!? Anyone pick up Najera??? I love that dudes hustle...
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
miles berg
MFFL
 
miles berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dublin TX
Posts: 2,686
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Id absolutely love to see Dallas get Iverson. I wish we could get him for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, & Brandon Bass but I am not delusional. A straight up Kidd for Iverson might be ok, I just hate to lose Kidd. But Iverson is a better fit with Nowitzki and Kidd is a better fit in Denver where he will be reunited with KMart and would be feeding Carmelo shots until Melos arms fall off.

I dunno, on paper Kidd for Iverson makes a ton of sense for both teams. Id welcome Iverson to Dallas, he is the perfect teammate for Nowitzki, they would shine together.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,635
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe681
When did this happen?!?!? Anyone pick up Najera??? I love that dudes hustle...

He's with the Nets now.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #25
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 27,195
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

I think he's sensing the Nuggests ship is sinking.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #26
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,933
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Id absolutely love to see Dallas get Iverson. I wish we could get him for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, & Brandon Bass but I am not delusional. A straight up Kidd for Iverson might be ok, I just hate to lose Kidd. But Iverson is a better fit with Nowitzki and Kidd is a better fit in Denver where he will be reunited with KMart and would be feeding Carmelo shots until Melos arms fall off.

I dunno, on paper Kidd for Iverson makes a ton of sense for both teams. Id welcome Iverson to Dallas, he is the perfect teammate for Nowitzki, they would shine together.

How about Kidd AND AI?
Kidd is big enuf and strong enuf to defend the 2.
On offense, Kidd plays 1 and AI plays 2.

I think they are both expirers...I'm guessing both realize they will be taking real pay cuts on their next contracts. Give them both 2 or 3 year deals.

Bring Terry off the bench.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #27
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,430
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
I thought they would at least make an offer for me to turn down. I thought they'd at least offer me a dollar or something.

tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,635
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
good call. he would be a good fit.

Howard and AI . Orlando can use some of AI's offense. Though they dont have the pieces to trade for him.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,933
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
Howard and AI . Orlando can use some of AI's offense. Though they dont have the pieces to trade for him.

and if they dare to double either Howard or AI...boom, it goes to Hedo...or to Rashard. Opponents better rotate damn fast!
That could be a scary lineup.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #30
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,749
Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
and if they dare to double either Howard or AI...boom, it goes to Hedo...or to Rashard. Opponents better rotate damn fast!
That could be a scary lineup.

Sweet! But... how are they getting him?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy