Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Ronny Turiaf

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/new...newthread&f=14[IMG]
http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/Turi...out_050615.jpg[IMG]

Ronny Turiaf a guy we don't often talk about in this forum. It's usually Bynum, Odom, Kobe, or some trade ideas we have. This is the guy who was our second round 37th pick in the 05' draft. He lived in France and played basketball there. He made the under 18 national team in 2000. In 01' he left France to play for Gonzaga. In his last 3 seasons there he was named All West Coast Conference Player. For his career at Gonzaga he averaged 13.6 ppg and 6.8 rpg.

After being drafted by the Lakers and getting his contract, during the Summer League he underwent a physical which uncovered a heart-related problem. As a result of Turiaf's condition, the Lakers voided his rookie contract. However, given the doctors' prognosis that successful surgery should correct the problem and possibly allow Turiaf to return to a basketball career, the team paid for his surgery after the NBA did not prohibit them from doing so.

Turiaf underwent open-heart surgery on July 26, 2005. He was initially expected to miss the entire 2005-06 NBA season and to work toward joining the Lakers for the 2006-07 campaign. However, he recovered more quickly than expected and just six months after his surgery, he signed a new contract with the Lakers, forgoing an opportunity to play in Spain for more money.

Known for his sideline antics, Turiaf has been given what head coach Phil Jackson calls "a new lease on life."

This is a guy who can give us help on both sides of the court: blocking shots or snatching down rebounds. He is a key factor to our team. I hope he'll be a Laker for life.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

people dont appreciate some of his offense either...hes the type tat can slam it down when hyper....he can really contribute in the future and I hope he was workin out with Kobe all summer.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
people dont appreciate some of his offense either...hes the type tat can slam it down when hyper....he can really contribute in the future and I hope he was workin out with Kobe all summer.

Well, he was playing for France at FIBA, so it's doubtful he was working out with Kobe in LA, but something tells me Turiaf has plenty of motivation to work hard and come back as good a player as he can be.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I already count him as instant contribution.

People underestimate our roster. just because we are young.

I mean shoot, we got lots of bench help now. Luke walton, Mo evans, Turiaf, Shammond williams, Brian Cook (8 ppg off the bench lasyt year)

i think we got plenty of help to make it to the second round this year but not to the championship.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ronny

I think his hard work in practice and energy during games are a
key ingredient that was missing the year before. (maybe two)

I think his teammates know what he has gone thru to reach this
level and realize how hard they need to work to keep their jobs!!

Ronny has a key role to play off the court and his energy is great
on the court. Keep him!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I think a lot of people overrate Ronny just because of his enthusiam that he brings. I don't think he'll ever turn out to be a starter in the NBA. He will be a good bench player worth 15-20 minutes a night. But from what I've seen, he doesn't have any post moves and he gets his points off of dunks from offensive rebounds. He does well when it comes to rebounds and defense. He is a nice hustle player that every team should have, but I still think that many laker fans overrate him just because of what he has been through and becuase he's a nice guy with a lot of enthusiasim.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I think a lot of people overrate Ronny just because of his enthusiam that he brings. I don't think he'll ever turn out to be a starter in the NBA. He will be a good bench player worth 15-20 minutes a night. But from what I've seen, he doesn't have any post moves and he gets his points off of dunks from offensive rebounds. He does well when it comes to rebounds and defense. He is a nice hustle player that every team should have, but I still think that many laker fans overrate him just because of what he has been through and becuase he's a nice guy with a lot of enthusiasim.

Everything you said about him was also describing Udonis Haslem...Udonis is a starter now and look what he has accomplished.

Ronny has the same intensity than haslem and ronny can also shoot 20 feet out away from the hoop...Im sure heat fans are talking the same way about udonis so i dont think we are overrating ronny because people and coaches love hustle and enthusiasm more than anything and ronny wants to do all the dirty work for us....so for ronny
Old 09-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Nice thread I agree Ronny needís a little more love on the board. The guy is a bottle of energy reminds me of Mad Dog with more skills. Qwerty how can you say allot of people overrate him? Are you talking people in LA? If you ask a typical run of the mill basketball fan who Ronny Turiaf is Iím almost sure most wouldnít know. Not trying to start sh!t just wondering. In LA people love him because every team needís that kind of player. The player that is jumping up and down on the sidelines going out on the floor when a time out is called to give them all high 5ís just a good teammate to have. I agree with PJ I hope he is a Laker for life.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #9
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Gotta love the energizer bunny.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #10
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Ronny

I love his energy and hustle he should make his mark on the NBA this season..I from Detroit, Live in Chicago and BLOOD type is + LAKERS fan from the 70's.....
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree! I like is DNA and I think he will contribute to the team more than people give him credit. This year should be a good one.

Interestingly, I could not find him on the active FIBA roster for France, so I am not sure what happened there.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:46 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

quite frankly the only way ronny will leave LA is us trading him

he feels like he owes his whole career to us because we payed for his surgery

practically saved his life.

So Ronny wants us and we want him too.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:41 AM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

turiaf has heart and passion for the game, hes a hard worker and wants to improve. he's gonna be a good surpirse. he showed signs of defense and was enthusiastic in every way. Hes the kind of person that can get the crowd into a game by a single play whether its a block or a dance haha
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
turiaf has heart and passion for the game, hes a hard worker and wants to improve. he's gonna be a good surpirse. he showed signs of defense and was enthusiastic in every way. Hes the kind of person that can get the crowd into a game by a single play whether its a block or a dance haha

I also Turiaf he might suprise the Lakers with his offense as he matures... someone compared him to Udonis Haslem. Udonis can have some offensive outbursts that are impressive, as he did in the playoffs last year.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #15
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree! I like is DNA and I think he will contribute to the team more than people give him credit. This year should be a good one.

Interestingly, I could not find him on the active FIBA roster for France, so I am not sure what happened there.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_...rNumber=&zone=

he's mentioned in the article about France beating Turkey for 5th place, so he played: http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_...rNumber=&zone=
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: