Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #16
qwerty
(o_0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
Nice thread I agree Ronny needís a little more love on the board. The guy is a bottle of energy reminds me of Mad Dog with more skills. Qwerty how can you say allot of people overrate him? Are you talking people in LA? If you ask a typical run of the mill basketball fan who Ronny Turiaf is Iím almost sure most wouldnít know. Not trying to start sh!t just wondering. In LA people love him because every team needís that kind of player. The player that is jumping up and down on the sidelines going out on the floor when a time out is called to give them all high 5ís just a good teammate to have. I agree with PJ I hope he is a Laker for life.

I'm not from LA so I don't know what people in LA are saying. But I'm saying that almost all lakers message boards(here,LG,CL) all love Ronny. Some even saying that he should be the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench. I know that most people that don't know much about basketball don't know about Ronny, but I don't think he really should be well-known just yet. He hasn't accomplished anything on the court yet. Even though a lot of kids in college/high school should play with the enthusiasim that he plays with, I do think it looks kind of childish seeing a 6'10, 20 something year old man jumping up and down on the sidelines looking like a 5 year old who just got a new bike.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I'm not from LA so I don't know what people in LA are saying. But I'm saying that almost all lakers message boards(here,LG,CL) all love Ronny. Some even saying that he should be the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench. I know that most people that don't know much about basketball don't know about Ronny, but I don't think he really should be well-known just yet. He hasn't accomplished anything on the court yet. Even though a lot of kids in college/high school should play with the enthusiasim that he plays with, I do think it looks kind of childish seeing a 6'10, 20 something year old man jumping up and down on the sidelines looking like a 5 year old who just got a new bike.

that's just energy n whatever he does on the sidelines translates on the court n he plays w/ a lot of heart so I'll take it
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Well, while I disagree with you that his courtside antics are childish as they really get the fans into the game (I'll take Ronny over cowbell or a stupid team mascot any day), but you're right in that he really hasn't proven anything on the court yet. In limited minutes last year he did make a pretty good showing demonstrating a decent ranged jumper, the ability to crash the boards and be a pest on defense - he also picked up the offense very quickly, but he really wasn't given enough time to show if he can do those sorts of things on a night-in and night-out basis. I think the guy did show that he's a hard worker and lord knows he's got all the motivation on the planet to play and work hard so he can accomplish his dreams, so I'll definitely give him the benefit of the doubt that he can become a solid contributor for the Lakers this season, but in what role is yet to be determined.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

alright so Kobe24 and Qwerty are both sayin he hasnt accomplished anything yet and not only do i agree but its also fact.

But to accomplish things you have to have skill and will.

Ronny has the skill and also the will and I can't wait to see what hes got in hands for laker fans next season if PJ gives the dude more time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

OK, this is just plain silly....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #21
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I think a lot of people overrate Ronny just because of his enthusiam that he brings. I don't think he'll ever turn out to be a starter in the NBA. He will be a good bench player worth 15-20 minutes a night. But from what I've seen, he doesn't have any post moves and he gets his points off of dunks from offensive rebounds. He does well when it comes to rebounds and defense. He is a nice hustle player that every team should have, but I still think that many laker fans overrate him just because of what he has been through and becuase he's a nice guy with a lot of enthusiasim.
I have to agree with you on the 15-20 a night, but not with him being overrated. The only people that are talked about are Kobe, Odom, Bynum, and Kwame. Even Smush isnt talked about enough and hes the starting point guard of the Los Angeles Lakers, which I find to be a kind of big deal.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

i guess people forgot about smush after his poor shooting in the post season
Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #23
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
quite frankly the only way ronny will leave LA is us trading him

he feels like he owes his whole career to us because we payed for his surgery

practically saved his life.

So Ronny wants us and we want him too.

I agree 100% Turiaf and the lakers are bonded in a tight relationship and the lakers will probably renew ronys' rookie contract once it's up. Hopefully rony's out of phil's rookie dog house and if so the extra PT that rony gets will make us a much more enthusiastic at the defensive end.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #24
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

Turiaf is going to be a great hustle player and shotblocker.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
OK, this is just plain silly....

whats silly about it???
Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #26
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Default Turiaf

He should be a GREAT hustler and shotblocker and his overall game with make him a GOOD player at the end of his career. However, with his special skills in just his second year any team would love that. This guy has to take his energy from the bench an onto the court. Turiaf, has the enthusiastic to be something special. Only time will tell..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I still say hes just like Udonis Haslem. (and not just the cornrows.)
Old 09-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #28
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

We need this guy, he's the only forward we have that is not soft.
Don't get me wrong, I like Luke's Brains, Cook's Shot and Odom's contributions but they are SOFT!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
We need this guy, he's the only forward we have that is not soft.
Don't get me wrong, I like Luke's Brains, Cook's Shot and Odom's contributions but they are SOFT!

Welcome DKlaker,

So i agree that Luke and Cook are soft. and we should keep ronny because hes a beast but personally i think Odom is one of the toughest guys mentally on our team too. He dives for loose balls, He drives in A LOT to shoot layups and he averages 10 rebounds a game on a consistent basis even at the SF position.

So i would play Odom and Turiaf (with cook as the third string) at the 4 and have Luke play the 3 coming off the bench for radman.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #30
qwerty
(o_0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
i think Odom is one of the toughest guys mentally on our team too.

That's why he only shows up every other night.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: