Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Francis Has Changed

Lucas: Francis Has Changed
5th September, 2006 - 10:15 am
Houston Chronicle - Steve Francis has been working out with John Lucas this summer, as he attempts to revitalize his career.

"He's different, different, different," said Lucas. "He's changed. I've seen the maturity click in. I've seen a different passion for basketball. He's not a young colt learning his way anymore. These next four years will be the prime years of his basketball career.

"Steve is as gifted an athlete as LeBron (James) or Kobe (Bryant), any of them," Lucas said. "Every year he doesn't make the All-Star Game is an embarrassment. We're trying to get him to slow down and see the game. I've really challenged him in front of his peers. He never answered back. He did the work. Normally, it would have been, 'I don't have to hear this (stuff) from Luke.' Now, he's just worked hard to put it all together."
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
irimus
I airball my layups

i hope so...
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
huppcap
Local High School Star

Lots of time we see articles about players changing.

And they never really have.

I would give a few months into the season to re-evaluate this article.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Steve Francis is going to have a MONSTER year
Old 09-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #6
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Default Wow! Wake up Francis and smell the roses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Lucas: Francis Has Changed
5th September, 2006 - 10:15 am
Houston Chronicle - Steve Francis has been working out with John Lucas this summer, as he attempts to revitalize his career.

"He's different, different, different," said Lucas. "He's changed. I've seen the maturity click in. I've seen a different passion for basketball. He's not a young colt learning his way anymore. These next four years will be the prime years of his basketball career.

"Steve is as gifted an athlete as LeBron (James) or Kobe (Bryant), any of them," Lucas said. "Every year he doesn't make the All-Star Game is an embarrassment. We're trying to get him to slow down and see the game. I've really challenged him in front of his peers. He never answered back. He did the work. Normally, it would have been, 'I don't have to hear this (stuff) from Luke.' Now, he's just worked hard to put it all together."

So we are to believe that "the best point guard in the NBA" is joined by "the best shooting guard in Francis' mind." LOL. Wake up Marbury and Francis: Don't compare yourself to the best until you prove that you deserve it! And then let others say it about you.

Do you think that Marbury is better than Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Steve Paul? Does Francis NOW deserve to be compared to LeBron James Kobe Bryant?

The article boasts that "Steve is as gifted an athlete as LeBron (James) or Kobe (Bryant), any of them," Lucas said. "Every year he doesn't make the All-Star Game is an embarrassment." To compare him with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, two younger players that demonstrate all-star performances each year IMHO -- is the embarrassment to Francis. Because he has not yet shown that he deserves to be compared to those two great players. Although older than those two, Francis has yet to show the burning desire to be one of the best that LeBron and Kobe regularly exhibit on a consistent basis.

No surprise Francis is disapointed with last year and it is good that he is motivated and working hard to improve. Francis, a career 19 ppg and 6 Apg & 6 RPG player, is comming off his worst season of 11 ppg, 3.5 APG and 3 RPG with the Knicks.

On the positve side, Francis does have the ability to challange Marbury as the leading Knick scorer this year. I expect boath to have a great year. But, I don't kmow that both of them would average about 20 PPG eventhough both are capable of and accustomed to doing that individually.

It should be an exciting year for the Knicks. But, they should let their play do the talking!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Francis said if he doesnt start then to trade him see to me thats the wrong mind to have, yes francis is an allstar and was an allstar but you can't say that, jamal crawford takes his role as it is and look where it got him, 6 game winners and now the best player to some people on the knicks take your role as it is and do your thing
Old 09-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Francis said if he doesnt start then to trade him see to me thats the wrong mind to have, yes francis is an allstar and was an allstar but you can't say that, jamal crawford takes his role as it is and look where it got him, 6 game winners and now the best player to some people on the knicks take your role as it is and do your thing

I agree that Crawford is a better team player than Francis. I hope the Francis gets hot as a starter and the Knicks use him to obtain a better fitting player.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

thing about francis he can't gaurd the nets perimeter game like VC and RJ
Old 09-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
thing about francis he can't gaurd the nets perimeter game like VC and RJ

Yet another reason to trade him after building up his value.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Yet another reason to trade him after building up his value.

dont get me wrong, francis is a good player at 6'3 he's really a point but when marbury is on the floor marbury is a better point then francis so besides new jersey he can stick with 6'5 perimeter players but NJ just gives us trouble, anyone else in ou division he can gaurd
Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
dont get me wrong, francis is a good player at 6'3 he's really a point but when marbury is on the floor marbury is a better point then francis so besides new jersey he can stick with 6'5 perimeter players but NJ just gives us trouble, anyone else in ou division he can gaurd

knicks won't meet NJ in the playoffs until the division finals -- if we get that far. And Crawford could play SG against NJ. So I would not worry about it now.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Lucas must be on francis payroll. But we should see a CHANGE right away. We'll see.....
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Crawford got stronger in the summer, francis is going to be battling for PT
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Lucas must be on francis payroll. But we should see a CHANGE right away. We'll see.....

It says in the article that Lucas is training Francis. You bet he gets paid for that!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: