Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #16
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official Pre-Season Thread:

55-42 with 2:15 left in the half, Clippers keep going. Camby probably won't play tonight, but our other backup bigs are doing well. Jordan showing some immaturity, but he has some great energy and can really jump. Taylor doing a decent job of running the team, should be doing way better in my opinion. Steve Novak is money, hits two consecutive treys, which is all he's good for. I know its pre-season, but damn, I love those "bingooooooos"
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

59-48 at the half. Those last couple of minutes had some nice plays. DeAndre grabbed the ball on an attempted block, but it was goaltending. Mike Taylor had a nice slash and lay-up with the shot clock running down and CJ Giles had a sick putback jam for the Lakers. Mike Taylor also ends the half nice with a little tear drop.

Jason Hart and Mike Taylor being our #2 and 3 PG's are much better then all our PGs put together from last season[Knight, Dickau, Smush, Barret, Cassell] which says a lot and our backup bigs are playing exceptionally well[Davis, Skinner, Jordan, Thomas]. Dunleavy is yet to play a guy who is a question mark to make the roster. Lets see if he keeps the guys that should make the roster to try to get some chemistry going with all the changes the team went through in the 2nd half of the game, although I want to see Noel and Sumpter.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno

65-54 with 5:43 left in the third, Clippers still lead. Third quarter has been sloppy on both sides.

Kaman is having a bad game, flat out. He can't seem to find the bucket, no matter what he does, but he is getting nice shots off. Davis is making such a huge difference for us on the offensive end. Bring the scrubs back in! I want to see more of Jordan/Novak/Taylor!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

74-56 with 2:55 left in the third.

Baron is just fire with his passes and his intensity. Don't tell him its pre-season, he'll say it isn't. Bynum had impressed him, but when you can't back down Paul Davis, DeAndre Jordan and Tim Thomas easily, it makes me question why I put him in my top 7 Centers list. Kaman is playing sloppy, I wonder if he still thinks its the Olympics. Juice has some great intensity, him being the starting SF will be awesome. Jordan is sooo raw. Just add Gordon and Camby, you got one hell of a team. I can not wait until the season tip-off!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #20
qrich
King Heno

75-65. Clippers end the third with some sloppy play, but hey, its preseason for the refs as well. Got to love Dunleavy picking up a tech. Juice needs to calm down as does Taylor. Should be a good ending, even if it is preseason.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #21
qrich
King Heno

77-71 Clippers with 8:51 left in the game. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy play by the Clippers and AIRiza is single handedly bringing the Lakers back. David Noel and Al Thornton have some butterfingers and Taylor seems nervous out there. No surprise if Hart comes in for Taylor right about now. Oh yeah, Novak is so horrible when he isn't shooting.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
qrich
King Heno

Clips extend it to 90-78 with 5:14 remaining in the game.

Sumpter and Noel are both garbage, neither have a shot to make the roster. Steve Novak is just ice cold when it comes to shooting, but is just cold when it comes to everything else. Brian Skinner is one hell of a shot blocker, defensive and veteran presence. Ricky Davis is running the point, that is damn funny, but he did set up Novak for a trey and Taylor for a duece.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #23
qrich
King Heno

Clippers up 97-78 and not looking back with 2:43 remaining in the game. Dontell Jefferson and Jelani McCoy are in, one might make the last spot, which Noel nor Sumpter will based off tonights performance, but I doubt that. Taylor is impressing me, as is Brian Skinner's presence on the court.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #24
qrich
King Heno

Final Score: 107-80 Clippers win.

I'm going to eat, then will post my player ratings and MotM[Man of the Match]
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #25
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watching Baron make all of his companions better, makes me believe that there are good time in store for the Clipps.. Its going to be great for Kaman.. because that way he wont have to work as hard for his shot...

Not only will Baron be a great leader and assist man, but also he makes the game so much fun to watch...

I love the way the team is spacing the floor and doing a lot of spot up, jump shooting. Guys like Novak and Ricky will be able to contribute alot without being singled out as one dimentional or black holes...

Also the high pace, running game will be a stellar way for Thornton to display his greatest attributes...

I know its only one game... but already Im lovin' this Clipper team...

Last edited by ZeN : 10-10-2008 at 12:46 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #26
qrich
King Heno

Player Ratings:

Baron Davis: 12/7/3 with 3 steals in 18 minutes. There is no doubt Baron Davis was the oMt[ManoftheMatch] with his leadership. In the little time he played, he showed that he can take over the game anytime he wants, but is also a great passer. I give him 10/10.

Chris Kaman: 4/7/1 in 17 minutes. Kaman had a pretty bad game, but it just seems to be that hes off and should get everything back on track as training camp and the pre-season continue. Playing with Boom Dizzle will greatly help him out. 5/10.

Al Thornton: 10/4/2 in 24. I liked what I saw from Juice out there, except those sloppy sequences in the third. He seemed calm on the court and played solid D. It'll be interesting following his development. 7.5/10

Tim Thomas: 8/4 in 18. He left the game with a strained groin, but played well on the court when he was in there. Finished shots, and had solid leadership. 6.5/10

Cuttino Mobley: 2/4/1 in 21. He just seemed invisble on the court. I don't really remember him doing anything during the entire game. 3/10

Brian Skinner: 3/1 with 3 steals and 4 blocks in 20. The guy was a beast out there when it came to the defensive end, never giving up on a play. On top of that, he had such a calm veteran presence, was such a good pickup. 7/10

Mike Taylor: 20/3/3 with a steal in 19. Dude had a great game, minus some horrible sequences leading to 5 turnovers. He did shoot 75% from the field[9-12] and showed some good crossover skills, not to mention speed. He should make the roster relatively easily. 7.5/10

Ricky Davis: 17/4/2 in 26. Davis seemed like he just fit in with the Clippers out there tonight. He was able to get people involved and got to score himself when he wanted too. 7/10.

Steve Novak: 12 Points, 4 treys in 19. I loved how he was able to knock down shots, and his lack of defense didn't hurt us tonight. 9/10.

Paul Davis: 7/2 in 15. Davis impressed me tonight, got solid position even against the bigger Bynum when he seemed to want too. Was calm and poised on the floor, better then I've ever seen him. 7/10.

DeAndre Jordan: 2/4 with a block in 11. DeAndre had one shot attempt and it was a very nice jam, but picked up a T. The guy is very raw and it showed tonight, he will develop to be solid as time goes on, and will be a steal for us. 6.5/10.

David Noel: 1 rebound, 2 turnovers in 4 minutes. Dude was garbage, shouldn't even be considered unless he greatly impresses the rest of the way. 1/10.

Curtis Sumpter: Stat line of 0s in 8 minutes. I got mad at him early, but he seemed to calm down after. Still shouldn't make the roster either. 2.5/10.

Dontell Jefferson: 2 Assists and steals in 4 minutes. I liked what I saw from him this year, and if we have an open roster spot, I won't mind keeping him around. Solid d, and was poised with the ball. 4.5/10.

Jelani McCoy: 3 Points in 4 minutes. If we didn't have so much depth up front, I'd keep him around, but since we do, he won't be making the roster. Heat should look to sign him, I'd take him over Joel Anthony easily. 3/10.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #27
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quick Note from my view
Mike Taylor is quick and a good finisher, love his pressure D. He was wild in the second half and when he can't get to the hole, he tends to get caught up picking up the dribble or Jumping
DeAndre is an athletic freak w/ no offensive game. His energy is off the charts

Positives:
I don't remember having so many players capable of shooting 3s, I remember last year looking for a big 3 from Timmy and Cat only.
I love the that we can play up tempo ball and have the ability to post up too
The addition of Skinner is great to add to a capable big man defender.
B Davis, enough said

Negatives:
Kaman had a tough time finishing, I don't know if he trouble playing w/ B Davis.
Our 2nd unit looks like they'll have tough time scoring, but w/ Hart and Skinner gives us some good defenders on the 2nd unit.
P Davis looked slow but hit key shots

Did anyone notice Ricky Davis playing peacemaker? How strange?
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #28
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Player Ratings:

Baron Davis: 12/7/3 with 3 steals in 18 minutes. There is no doubt Baron Davis was the oMt[ManoftheMatch] with his leadership. In the little time he played, he showed that he can take over the game anytime he wants, but is also a great passer. I give him 10/10.

Chris Kaman: 4/7/1 in 17 minutes. Kaman had a pretty bad game, but it just seems to be that hes off and should get everything back on track as training camp and the pre-season continue. Playing with Boom Dizzle will greatly help him out. 5/10.

Al Thornton: 10/4/2 in 24. I liked what I saw from Juice out there, except those sloppy sequences in the third. He seemed calm on the court and played solid D. It'll be interesting following his development. 7.5/10

Tim Thomas: 8/4 in 18. He left the game with a strained groin, but played well on the court when he was in there. Finished shots, and had solid leadership. 6.5/10

Cuttino Mobley: 2/4/1 in 21. He just seemed invisble on the court. I don't really remember him doing anything during the entire game. 3/10

Brian Skinner: 3/1 with 3 steals and 4 blocks in 20. The guy was a beast out there when it came to the defensive end, never giving up on a play. On top of that, he had such a calm veteran presence, was such a good pickup. 7/10

Mike Taylor: 20/3/3 with a steal in 19. Dude had a great game, minus some horrible sequences leading to 5 turnovers. He did shoot 75% from the field[9-12] and showed some good crossover skills, not to mention speed. He should make the roster relatively easily. 7.5/10

Ricky Davis: 17/4/2 in 26. Davis seemed like he just fit in with the Clippers out there tonight. He was able to get people involved and got to score himself when he wanted too. 7/10.

Steve Novak: 12 Points, 4 treys in 19. I loved how he was able to knock down shots, and his lack of defense didn't hurt us tonight. 9/10.

Paul Davis: 7/2 in 15. Davis impressed me tonight, got solid position even against the bigger Bynum when he seemed to want too. Was calm and poised on the floor, better then I've ever seen him. 7/10.

DeAndre Jordan: 2/4 with a block in 11. DeAndre had one shot attempt and it was a very nice jam, but picked up a T. The guy is very raw and it showed tonight, he will develop to be solid as time goes on, and will be a steal for us. 6.5/10.

David Noel: 1 rebound, 2 turnovers in 4 minutes. Dude was garbage, shouldn't even be considered unless he greatly impresses the rest of the way. 1/10.

Curtis Sumpter: Stat line of 0s in 8 minutes. I got mad at him early, but he seemed to calm down after. Still shouldn't make the roster either. 2.5/10.

Dontell Jefferson: 2 Assists and steals in 4 minutes. I liked what I saw from him this year, and if we have an open roster spot, I won't mind keeping him around. Solid d, and was poised with the ball. 4.5/10.

Jelani McCoy: 3 Points in 4 minutes. If we didn't have so much depth up front, I'd keep him around, but since we do, he won't be making the roster. Heat should look to sign him, I'd take him over Joel Anthony easily. 3/10.

Whoever was wearing number 34, he was awful.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #29
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
Whoever was wearing number 34, he was awful.

That was David Noel. I hoped he could potentially make the roster, be this years Singleton, but wow did he blow. I think our roster is set now:

B. Davis|Hart|Taylor
Mobley|Gordon
Thornton|R. Davis|Novak
Camby|Thomas|P. Davis
Kaman|Skinner|Jordan

Jefferson is the only one I'm saying has a longshot of making the team from the invites, with McCoy having half the chance Jefferson does.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Did anybody else see DeAndre Jordan on SportsCenter briefly today? THey were showing clips from rookies last night. They started with Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, and then talked about CDR's monster game for the Nets. The last rookie they shower was our very own DeAndre Jordan. He pulled down a rebound and threw down a rediculously strong dunk while crowded in the paint. The SportsCenter anchor (I can't remember who it was) was like "And then DeAndre Jordan for the Clippers. He only had 2 points last night, but yu have o admire his flawless point to highlight ratio.".

Therefore, I move that we nickname DeAndre Jordan "The Big Ratio", kind of like Shaq's "The Big Aristotle", but a little bit more relevent. Any takers?

Last edited by hutcht02 : 10-10-2008 at 01:28 PM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: