Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #46
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official Pre-Season Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I think it depends on where in LA you live, I live next to Dodger Stadium and my free channels are 602 thru 699
Highlights from last nights game

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings...057_recap.nba/

Gordon was money
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #47
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
Highlights from last nights game

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings...057_recap.nba/

Gordon was money

Taylor looked great for the 2nd straight night, had something like 20 pts and 9 assists. We definitely got a steal in him, I could even picture him beating out Jason Hart for the backup job if he keeps this up.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #48
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So far in todays game against Barcelona Thornton is doing great he has something like 24 points and 10 rebounds...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:28 AM   #49
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Game 6:V Suns

Los Angeles Clipper(4-1) @ Phoenix Suns(3-3)

WHEN: Tuesday, October 21st at 7:30 PM PST
WHERE: Staples Center in L.A. Cali!
MEDIA: ESPN 710 AM
Clippers Last Game: 114-109 victory vs FC Barcelona
Suns Last Game: 111-108 victory vs Charlotte Bobcats

Clippers Projected Starters

| | | |
Jason Hart | Cuttino Mobley | Al Thornton | Paul Davis | Chris Kaman

Key Reserves
Mike Taylor | Eric Gordon | DeAndre Jordan

Injury Report
Marcus Camby (bruised right heel), Baron Davis (sprained left ring finger), and Tim Thomas (strained left groin) are out.

Suns Projected Starters

| | | |
Steve Nash | Raja Bell | Matt Barnes | Amare Stoudemire | Shaquille O'Neal

Suns Key Reserves
Leandro Barbosa | Grant Hill | Boris Diaw

Injury Report
Alando Tucker (strained left hamstring) , and Steve Nash (sprained right ankle) are day to day.

Q's Quote:
"Closer to the season we get. :smoothcriminal:"

Q's Prediciton: Not available during pre-season
Q's Prediction Record: null
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 AM   #50
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Mike Taylor | Eric Gordon | Al Thornton do well against the suns... they are the particular 3 that Im rooting for
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #51
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

I was at the game, and I didn't have good seats, nor was I able to fully focus on it, but here's what I took out of it:

Al Thornton is going to have a great season. He has extended his range on the jumper, but it seems like he is falling in love with that midrange J he has.

Mike Taylor has great defensive hustle, but he needs to greatly work on his handles and court vision. He kept getting burned by Jerryd Bayless.

Steve Novak is a three point specalist, and this is nothing new, but besides that, he can not do anything else. It seems like he gets scared when the ball in his hands and he can't get a shot off. At least he hustles on defense big time.

DeAndre Jordan has the basketball IQ of a 3 year old, but he should be good for a highlight play a game.

Eric Gordon had a dissapointing performance going up against Bayless. Even Batum was able to burn him.

Chris Kaman Still seems in offseason form, Oden was pushing him around on both ends of the floor, needs to start finishing inside.

Paul Davis Played solid D on Oden, better then Kaman surprisingly, just needs to knock down the mid range jumper which he will get a ton of.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:18 AM   #52
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Chris Kaman Still seems in offseason form, Oden was pushing him around on both ends of the floor, needs to start finishing inside.

I keep getting this feeling that he may return to that horrendous 06-07 season form... I hope I am wrong
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #53
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I was at the game, and I didn't have good seats, nor was I able to fully focus on it, but here's what I took out of it:

Al Thornton is going to have a great season. He has extended his range on the jumper, but it seems like he is falling in love with that midrange J he has.

Mike Taylor has great defensive hustle, but he needs to greatly work on his handles and court vision. He kept getting burned by Jerryd Bayless.

Steve Novak is a three point specalist, and this is nothing new, but besides that, he can not do anything else. It seems like he gets scared when the ball in his hands and he can't get a shot off. At least he hustles on defense big time.

DeAndre Jordan has the basketball IQ of a 3 year old, but he should be good for a highlight play a game.

Eric Gordon had a dissapointing performance going up against Bayless. Even Batum was able to burn him.

Paul Davis Played solid D on Oden, better then Kaman surprisingly, just needs to knock down the mid range jumper which he will get a ton of.

Last Night observations versus the Trailblazers

The Bad:
1. DeAndre Jordan - Does not box out for the rebound
2. Rebounding was horrendous last night
3. IF Paul Davis can't hit his shot, he's practically dead weight
4. Kaman was man handled by Oden, Oden pushed him everywhere
5. Kaman missed the easy shot he normally makes
6. The 2nd unit do not play good team D, they didn't really communicate
7. Too many wild cross court passes that went no where
8. The Rookies are rookies - they made several bad entry passes when the player had 2 defenders on him already, none of them cut to the hole when their man left them.

The Good:
1. Novak can light it up instantly
2. Gordon is strong
3. Taylor had a strange "shot put" shot that cant be blocked
4. The team is quicker and can run n gun
5. Skinner a really good one on one defender, he had better success on oden
6. Al Thornton is the man, great intensity and understanding of the game
7. Hart not is spectacular but really calms the group down at PG
8. Jordan is an athletic freak and will make the highlight reel (he needs to learn the basics or he's going to be the next Wilcox, Dunking but giving up the offensive rebound)

Why do Laker fans feel the need to wear laker gear at a clipper game when the Lakers aren't involved?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #54
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Denver vs. Clips notes

We fouled on every play, it was embarrassing. It seemed as if the big men were always out of position in every position. Without Baron, we are terrible in running a play, especially when Kaman can't make a basket. I do like that we do try to run n' gun, the only problem is Taylor gets the ball up court quickly but some of the passes were so awful, mostly thrown to the opposing team.

Positive note: Gordon was quick and strong enough from letting JR Smith from getting around him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: