Originally Posted by qrich
I was at the game, and I didn't have good seats, nor was I able to fully focus on it, but here's what I took out of it:
Al Thornton is going to have a great season. He has extended his range on the jumper, but it seems like he is falling in love with that midrange J he has.
Mike Taylor has great defensive hustle, but he needs to greatly work on his handles and court vision. He kept getting burned by Jerryd Bayless.
Steve Novak is a three point specalist, and this is nothing new, but besides that, he can not do anything else. It seems like he gets scared when the ball in his hands and he can't get a shot off. At least he hustles on defense big time.
DeAndre Jordan has the basketball IQ of a 3 year old, but he should be good for a highlight play a game.
Eric Gordon had a dissapointing performance going up against Bayless. Even Batum was able to burn him.
Chris Kaman Still seems in offseason form, Oden was pushing him around on both ends of the floor, needs to start finishing inside.
Paul Davis Played solid D on Oden, better then Kaman surprisingly, just needs to knock down the mid range jumper which he will get a ton of.
Last Night observations versus the Trailblazers
1. DeAndre Jordan - Does not box out for the rebound
2. Rebounding was horrendous last night
3. IF Paul Davis can't hit his shot, he's practically dead weight
4. Kaman was man handled by Oden, Oden pushed him everywhere
5. Kaman missed the easy shot he normally makes
6. The 2nd unit do not play good team D, they didn't really communicate
7. Too many wild cross court passes that went no where
8. The Rookies are rookies - they made several bad entry passes when the player had 2 defenders on him already, none of them cut to the hole when their man left them.
1. Novak can light it up instantly
2. Gordon is strong
3. Taylor had a strange "shot put" shot that cant be blocked
4. The team is quicker and can run n gun
5. Skinner a really good one on one defender, he had better success on oden
6. Al Thornton is the man, great intensity and understanding of the game
7. Hart not is spectacular but really calms the group down at PG
8. Jordan is an athletic freak and will make the highlight reel (he needs to learn the basics or he's going to be the next Wilcox, Dunking but giving up the offensive rebound)
Why do Laker fans feel the need to wear laker gear at a clipper game when the Lakers aren't involved?