Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #1
out|hoops|side
Banned

Default I'm a little worried...

...that NBA.com's analysts have Joey Graham in our projected rotation. He gives me headaches whenever I watch him play in the regular season, clanging jumpers or forcing bad plays.
Is Joey G. really in our regular rotation? Or is this just a misinterpretation by NBA.com?
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Default Re: I'm a little worried...

Can't see it happening. Joey is(and imo always will be) in Sam's dog house. That's not to say he won't see any time. but no way he's in the regular rotation.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by out|hoops|side
...that NBA.com's analysts have Joey Graham in our projected rotation. He gives me headaches whenever I watch him play in the regular season, clanging jumpers or forcing bad plays.
Is Joey G. really in our regular rotation? Or is this just a misinterpretation by NBA.com?
Did he get a brain transplant in the off-season? If not, then he is not in our regular rotation.

Seriously, while people still believe Joey has all the skills, he just needs to get smarter, I think it's more than that. It has a lot to do with his stiffness. In everything he does, he's very stuff. He needs to shed some pounds, get leaner and then work on the intangibles. I refuse to believe a person smart enough to get a piloting license is that dumb (I am not really sure about how smart you gotta be to be a pilot).

Every season coming in, Joey keeps singing the same tune - how he's so much better than the previous year. It's time for him to shut up and do what he was expected to do. First year, he was supposed to be the defensive stopper. The next year, he was supposed to be Vince Carter. The third year, he was the guy who finally got it and also "the most versatile player in the league," - his words.

It's time he lets his play do the talking...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

The Raptors would have been better off if Joey had Flopped dramatically right from his rookie season, then maybe we'd a dropped him simular to Hoffa.

Unfortunatly he shows just enough glimpes of being a good player for a couple of games.....and then promptly plays brutal for a month.

Oh and don't worry, Joey will be buried on the bench unless an injury or garbage time. The only reason he's on the team right now is cause we resigned him and are paying him decent money and we picked him in the first round.

IMO
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Other then some nasty dunks last season he didn't do anything else...i expect him to be a filler in a trade if we don't start off well, or to be waived.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

We could have had Granger ...
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
We could have had Granger ...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i ALMOST forgot about that...

he's in his contract year... he KNOWS he has to show something... and with only kapono and adams to compete against for backup swing minutes, he'll definitely have the opportunity.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star

Joey has never shown us anything. A few dunks and a little bit of mid range shooting. Athleticism coming out his ying yang but nothing upstairs to complement his physical abilities.

Joey is not worth the minutes to develop. We have seen his ceiling and he bumps his head against it everytime he gets out of bed.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
out|hoops|side
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Joey is not worth the minutes to develop. We have seen his ceiling and he bumps his head against it everytime he gets out of bed.

I lolled.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: