Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
b4ball
Local High School Star

Default Re: Did Colangelo erase the Carter deal with his JO aquisition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
We also hear every year about Joey Graham being willing to improve, we hear about him working hard on his game, playing in summer leagues, etc etc... but as he's proved in his years in the league, heresay means nothing. What it's gonna take is us witnessing visually an improvement on the court. It's what seperates the Andrew Bynum's from the Ike Diogu's.

I think that the Bynum situation is a perfect example. Most people in lakerland shared Kobe's sentiment a couple years back when he wanted to "ship his ass out" in exchange for a viable veteran piece that would help them win now. So Bynum went out and improved his game, worked with Kareem, got bigger and better, and although he got injured before he could complete a season he more than proved himself to his teammates, the fans, and the organization, and now they couldn't be happier.

But, just because he talked about improvements didn't mean that lakers fans automatically expected him to be the savior of the franchise. He had to go out there and prove it just like anyone else. If I witness the improvements that have been talked about then I for one would get off his back as i'm sure most other fans would and i'd be happy that he's finally proving his worth.

If you think that anybody believes Graham has anything more to deliver then we have seen thus far your at a party by yourself.

Very few, and maybe just you would compare the two. Now answer the question, what is it you expect, or need to see before you get off his back?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
I'd like to know what "spin" you’re talking about. Embry dumping 17 + millions dollars of Jalen's last year salary was significant in the quick turn around BC orchastrated.

Didn't have anything to do with what you said, man. Everything you said about Embry was correct, can't see how anyone could disagree with you. All I meant was no matter what you say about the VC thing, Babcock era, Wayne Embry or the way things were turned around, Colangelo has done a wonderful job getting it to work (so far).

And no matter what you say about Bargnani's skills, I still think he was a mistake. Not disagreeing with the points you made about his improvement, but with our current roster, and even the roster at the time, Bargnani was not the right choice and he does not fit in the grand scheme of things.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #18
Burgz
Banned

I saw Andrea in person in the first week of September, and it looks like he's in very good shape, and definitely looks stronger, especially in his upper body. Depending on how he plays first few weeks of the season will definitely determine his fate on this club, I definitely agree you with some of you guys on that.

His 'apparent' trade value is really what matters here. Other GM's don't see Andrea play on a game-to-game basis like us, where we can tell someone a mistake he did a month ago in the 3rd quarter. The GM's just don't have that much insight. I think it will take at least until the new year for BC to start showcasing him for a trade, if need be, it's more important that Bosh and JO get plenty of minutes together, than to give Bargnani some confidence.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #19
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

What are the odds Jermaine re-signs with us for a smaller amount after this contract expires? Not sure what his value will be when he's a 31 year old FA, and he has so much money anyways, I don't see why he wouldn't stick around to try and win a championship if it's looking that way.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
No matter which way you spin it, Colangelo took a pretty sad situation and turned it into something promising in a short amount of time. With only one mistake to show for it, in the form of a 7 foot Itallian lad.

You have to give Bargs time. He is doing an okay job so far adjusting to the physicality of the NBA but I wish he would go and stay in the weight room a lot longer.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
Jballer
Local High School Star

In two years time it seems apparent that:

BC came in and instantly turned around the team; giving it creditbility and a 1st round choice (lucky) and was hailed as the saviour of our franchise...

and since then has completely demolished it with the first round choice and bad free agent signings.

Nice conjecture.

The Raps have a good team and AB will improve.

He may not have the impact of Lbron... but how many of the 1st overalls in the past 20 years have been Lbron?

Hell even Mjordon wasnt first overall....

Relax... Look forward to a very good season. 45+ wins.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #22
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
You have to give Bargs time. He is doing an okay job so far adjusting to the physicality of the NBA but I wish he would go and stay in the weight room a lot longer.

You're missing my point though. He just doesn't fit. I'm not convinced that he can't be All-Star calibre someday, but with Bosh here (and now JO), what is Bargnani's purpose?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: