Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #136
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
anyone seen secretary, i saw it on tv the other nigth at like 1am, its dont really know if i like it, dont like it, its weird and boring but i couldnt stop watching it
I saw that a few nights ago as well (do you live in Australia?)

Good movie (not great, because there's no storyline).

My ratings?

Movie: 7/10
Maggie G: 10/10
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #137
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Of course not. I was wondering how the guy above could give it 7/10 when most critics agree it was one of the worst films of the year, and decidedly worse than "Righteous Kill," which was terrible itself.

Oh, ok. I guess I can cancel the three mercenaries I hired to hunt you down and torture you to death.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #138
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
Baseketball 10/10
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #139
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

X Files: I Want To Believe: 3/10

Eh. I'm a fan of the show, but the movie really didn't have a paranormal feel to it. Except maybe the one psychic in the movie, it just didn't have the classic X Files feel. Although, Mulder and Scully are in love, their son died, and they have been living together for several years.

And I would do bad things to Gillian Andersen.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #140
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rabbit-proof fence 8/10
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #141
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Oh, ok. I guess I can cancel the three mercenaries I hired to hunt you down and torture you to death.
Yeah, when I got home from class today my roomate told me some sea story about getting tied up and had his nuts put in a vice by some guys with something-water hats on, and were asking him where I was.

I thought he was fulla shit. I...uhh...better take him to the hospital now.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #142
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Yeah, when I got home from class today my roomate told me some sea story about getting tied up and had his nuts put in a vice by some guys with something-water hats on, and were asking him where I was.

I thought he was fulla shit. I...uhh...better take him to the hospital now.

I should've just hired three Leon's. He's a proffesional, and French, so he kills people with a little bit of panache.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #143
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Body of Lies

8/10

The direction, style, and acting is all there. It was a solid Ridley Scott film, and one of the better post 9/11 political thrillers I've seen, but won't be the most memorable film imo. Went all over the place when it could have bettered it's focus.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #144
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Rogue: 73%

This is the best crocodile movie ever.The croc looks very real,actors did a good job(very believable) and the scenery is beautiful.I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish.I definitely want to see more from this director.And i liked how they didn't show to much of the crocodile it makes the movie much more interesting imo, but when the action is on it's awesome.

Last edited by CAAIDN : 02-20-2009 at 05:57 AM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #145
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

The Godfather 3 - 75%

Everybody knows that Godfather 1, 2 are classics, so i was a little skeptical about watching the third part since i heard some bad reviews about it.But yesterday i finally decided to give it a shot and i gotta say that it wasn't so bad.Of course not in the same league as the first 2, but a proper and respectful ending to one of the greatest movie saga ever.I just didn't dig Sofia Coppola, she can't act at all even Pacino looked a bit bored and i really missed Robert Duvall.Andy Garcia on the other hand played one of his best roles if not the best, definitely worth the oscar nomination.A few cheap lines here and there but overall a good movie nonetheless.

Last edited by CAAIDN : 02-20-2009 at 05:57 AM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #146
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know, I was wondering why Burn After Reading wasn't doing so hot at the box office, and then I realized these few months are the worst months to release movies. Right? From Sept to Nov are the dead months I heard someone refer to them as.

feb-october are the dead months

edit- i realised what you mean now, you mean in terms of audiences going to the cinema, well you should know that like most good directors the coen brothers films are not popular with audiences, infact especially the coens whos films are far to high brow for most people. having said that, many are now jumping on the bandwagon after no country did so well at the oscars.

Last edited by ukplayer4 : 10-11-2008 at 03:48 PM.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #147
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Iron Man. Awesome!!

9.999/10
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #148
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

It's good, but not good enough for the extra .1?
Old 10-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #149
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
It's good, but not good enough for the extra .1?
I didn't like Gwyneth Paltrow's shade of lip stick. lol
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #150
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
I didn't like Gwyneth Paltrow's shade of lip stick. lol

Did you see the new Hulk yet?

Two movies you really need to see ASAP:

Son of Rambow
Snow Angels
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: