Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #1501
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Coraline...a decent stop-animation/CG movie with some somewhat frightening scenes...not more to say...besides the fact that there were a few comical scenes of big ******z too!
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #1502
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
The Girl Next Door (2004) - Saw it on TV and I remember watching the trailer a while back. I was actually surprise of the movie. You would think it was going to be a short movie with mostly comedy.

72/100 And man, was Elisha Culbert hot in this movie

have you seen her topless?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #1503
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Good Scorsese movie. 8/10
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #1504
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sunshine Cleaning [2008]: 53%

A really, really dark comedy. So dark I didn't even smirk once. Towards the end I was getting angry because it seemed like the stories within the movie weren't going to be wrapped up. They really milked it until the last second. It wasn't very long, either. I was hoping for a little more. There was a love interest for the main character which was never explored. I thought that could've added to the film and it would have been much better.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #1505
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

9.5/10

One of Judd Apatows masterpieces. I think the movie was not only funny but told a great story. This movie had tons of funny stand up and some drama, creating one of the best storylines yet. This is my second favorite Apatow film, behind Knocked Up.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #1506
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched 'The Hudsucker Proxy' I loooved it..

I fell in love with Jennifer Jason Leigh for the two hours..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #1507
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
have you seen her topless?

Am I suppose to?
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #1508
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

Sunshine Cleaning [2008]: 53%

A really, really dark comedy. So dark I didn't even smirk once. Towards the end I was getting angry because it seemed like the stories within the movie weren't going to be wrapped up. They really milked it until the last second. It wasn't very long, either. I was hoping for a little more. There was a love interest for the main character which was never explored. I thought that could've added to the film and it would have been much better.

i watched sunshine cleaning recently and didnt find it to be a comedy at all, to me it was a drama with slight comedy elements, that imo was quite nicely restrained and executed. well acted as well- amy adams is becoming one of the most consistent actresses out there. emily blunt(who i went to school with) is making strides- put in her best performance to date imo.

7/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #1509
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love

9.5/10

One of Judd Apatows masterpieces. I think the movie was not only funny but told a great story. This movie had tons of funny stand up and some drama, creating one of the best storylines yet. This is my second favorite Apatow film, behind Knocked Up.

Funny People was great.. A comedic drama with dept, unlike most comedies.

Its very misunderstood and I think it will turn out to be very underated.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #1510
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i watched sunshine cleaning recently and didnt find it to be a comedy at all, to me it was a drama with slight comedy elements, that imo was quite nicely restrained and executed. well acted as well- amy adams is becoming one of the most consistent actresses out there. emily blunt(who i went to school with) is making strides- put in her best performance to date imo.

7/10

Didn't you think it could have been slightly better if they did something with the connection between Amy Adams [Rose] and Clifton Collings Jr. [Winston, the cleaning store guy?]. It's obvious there was something there.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #1511
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Funny People was great.. A comedic drama with dept, unlike most comedies.

Its very misunderstood and I think it will turn out to be very underated.

man, i really need to see this. the reviews are cut right down the middle, people either love it or they hate it. i'm pretty sure i'll like it seeing that i like just about everything judd apatow is involved with.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #1512
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
man, i really need to see this. the reviews are cut right down the middle, people either love it or they hate it. i'm pretty sure i'll like it seeing that i like just about everything judd apatow is involved with.

With an open mind, you will end up having much to appreciate.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #1513
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
Go see it, it's one of the best films I've seen. The best I've seen this year.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #1514
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Didn't you think it could have been slightly better if they did something with the connection between Amy Adams [Rose] and Clifton Collings Jr. [Winston, the cleaning store guy?]. It's obvious there was something there.

yeah, there seems to be a trend in these restrained indie dramas of not over cooking the development of the relationship between characters to the point where it doesnt actually become romantic in the film, just hinted at that something may happen at some point. personally i prefer it this way to over doing it most of the time.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #1515
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
yeah, there seems to be a trend in these restrained indie dramas of not over cooking the development of the relationship between characters to the point where it doesnt actually become romantic in the film, just hinted at that something may happen at some point. personally i prefer it this way to over doing it most of the time.

I guess I never noticed that, but that does seem pretty true.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: