Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #1516
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw03QayJ2fU

ive been looking forward to this for some time, it is perhaps the most controversial movie of our time, ensured partly cause of the attacks that were made on lars von trier at cannes because he refused to justify making this film to the press. declaring he does not have to explain himself as he is the greatest director in the world.
i will start by saying this, its true, this is possibly the most demented and explicitly violent film in cinematic history. some of the scenes are so depraved you cannot actually believe whats going on. it is one of the most uncomfortable, hideous viewing experiences i have ever seen, the message the film is getting across is beyond any level of misogynistic evil you can imagine. That said it may just be genuis, the comitment von trier makes to the sick and perverted ideas in the film is just increadible. it will certainly disturb you but at the same time if you are able to apprieciate real art films you may just be blown away. Warped it is, but so beautifully done. this is one of the few films i am actually struggeling to quantify the exact reasoning for why it is so good as there is also so much to hate. i think i was partially shocked at the balls von trier has for actually making a film with this message- basically that women are satan(although it is far more complex and metaphorical than that). i wont say too much about the film itself, you have to experience it and draw your own meanings i feel, i will say thoe however sick it is this is truely art.

9/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #1517
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I might actually have to go out and see that one. I'll wait for more reviews.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #1518
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll leave it at this- You know you're watching a crap movie when the best actor in the thing is a fuc*ing CGI gorilla
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #1519
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Observe and Report

5/10

average movie, not very funny but somewhat entertaining.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #1520
bballer
King of ISH

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

My last movie was "Funny People"

It was funny at times but WAY to long.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #1521
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Black & White

I am not sure what this movie was trying to portray, whether it was white kids wanting to act black, or life stories of black hip hop artists/basketball players living in new york. If it was trying to display both it made a total mess of it.

One of the most pointless and plotless movies I have ever seen. The only highlight was the unintentional humor of Mike Tyson giving advice to some hip-hop producing thug.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #1522
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
My last movie was "Funny People"

It was funny at times but WAY to long.
Really? It kept me entertained.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #1523
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I think I might actually have to go out and see that one. I'll wait for more reviews.

you should deffinatly see it, unfortunatly you guys dont get it untill october, it seemed to take a long time to get a distributor in the states, part of the reason i think is because cuts are going to be made to the u.s release.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #1524
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
you should deffinatly see it, unfortunatly you guys dont get it untill october, it seemed to take a long time to get a distributor in the states, part of the reason i think is because cuts are going to be made to the u.s release.

I'll probably wait for a DVD or a screener. It'll be hard finding an uncensored version, I bet.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #1525
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone gonna see GI Joe?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #1526
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Anyone gonna see GI Joe?

Only because of J.G.L. as Cobra Commander...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #1527
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

I'll leave it at this- You know you're watching a crap movie when the best actor in the thing is a fuc*ing CGI gorilla

**** this thing was 3 hrs long good thing I got the bootleg of this.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #1528
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

the Education Of Charlie Banks [2007]: 41%
Old 08-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #1529
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

HighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat cool

mall cop .. 6/10

not as funny or entertaining as I thought it would be ...
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #1530
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Wasn't fully paying attention but it was a different, more gritty look at mafia life. Was a little on the long side but I enjoyed it.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: