Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #15706
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

West-Side erase that spoiler dude
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #15707
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

West-Side
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #15708
Shade8780
Banned

I really thought I couldn't hate this fucking retard any more than I do.

And he's not even talking about the right movie. Legitimate autistic.

Wow...
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #15709
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I really thought I couldn't hate this fucking retard any more than I do.

And he's not even talking about the right movie. Legitimate autistic.

Wow...

Right? He's a retard wherever he goes.. managed to top his NBA stuff

I managed to look away at the last second though when I saw a death spoiler, I glanced over it before, I kinda got it though.. if the name is dropped again I'll know what he wrote. But if he's talking about the last movie, I saw that already
Old 11-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #15710
riseagainst
LeGOAT

007 Spectre: 9/10

very good watch.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #15711
SexSymbol
You are amazing

Enemy - 8.5/10.
That wasn't a fun movie at all. The whole feel of the movie is very bleek and sad. That doesn't mean it's bad though, it's a very good movie, a strange movie.
Score is strange, directing is strange. I loved the sex scenes though, they were done really well, certainly gets you more turned on than the 50 shades of grey sex scenes.
Gyllenhall is just a great actor, there's nothing else to say, he plays two guys that look completely the same, yet you can differentiate them in different scenes just because of the way the guy acts and looks. This is a A+ actor, ATG level.
The ending was strange and kind of a bail out, but the whole movie was consistent with it's tone, believable and generally a good watch.
SexSymbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #15712
SugarHill
infamous souvlaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexSymbol
Enemy - 8.5/10.
That wasn't a fun movie at all. The whole feel of the movie is very bleek and sad. That doesn't mean it's bad though, it's a very good movie, a strange movie.
Score is strange, directing is strange. I loved the sex scenes though, they were done really well, certainly gets you more turned on than the 50 shades of grey sex scenes.
Gyllenhall is just a great actor, there's nothing else to say, he plays two guys that look completely the same, yet you can differentiate them in different scenes just because of the way the guy acts and looks. This is a A+ actor, ATG level.
The ending was strange and kind of a bail out, but the whole movie was consistent with it's tone, believable and generally a good watch.

It's not a bail out. It's symbolic and if you noticed, the whole film was kinda weird. Also, that shit freaked you out. Don't lie. That shit scared the fvck outta me
SugarHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:34 AM   #15713
SexSymbol
You are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarHill
It's not a bail out. It's symbolic and if you noticed, the whole film was kinda weird. Also, that shit freaked you out. Don't lie. That shit scared the fvck outta me
Yeah, I've watched a few videos explaining the movie, I bump the rating up to 9 after that.
It's a really hard movie to understand. You get the basic story, but I had to google for understanding the symbolics.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #15714
SexSymbol
You are amazing

Hunger Games 1 - 8.5/10. Great world builder, the action is good, the dramatic stuff is good, production value and quality fo the movie is obviously great. Fun movie, gave me chills
Hunger Games 2 - 9/10. Game me chills in one scene too, same as first movie, the stakes are higher though and the movie is more intense.

These movies have funny moments, they have good action, they have great dramatic movies, both of the movies had scenes in it that gave me chills, and that's an automatic 7/10 at least for me.
Gonna watch the third one soon.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #15715
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

I've watching quite a few films lately.

The ides of March, 7.5/10. The script is solid but not great. But the acting is very good the most part. Very solid political thriller overall.

Driver: 7/10. Another Gosling one. Maybe it was just me, but I felt the film fell off considerably in the second half. I still enjoyed it, and the score is fantastic.

Nightcrawler: 8/10. I am a fan of Gyllenhaal's, and this s probably the best I've seen of him other than Brokeback Mountain.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #15716
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Just Drive*, I rate it a bit higher, but the first half is better yea
Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #15717
SexSymbol
You are amazing

Contact - 8/10.
It's a beautiful story with a great ending and a good feeling throughout the whole movie. Score's good, acting is good,
This is a movie that appeared to be bashing people who believe in god quite a bit, yet redeems that thing in the end.
The start to the movie was very slow though, but it picked up in the second act quite a bit, and the slow stuff wasn't really terribly boring.

Though this movie proves a point that I've been preaching for a few years now, that Nolan's work just gets unwarranted amounts of inexplicable critique just because his track record is flawless, so people started trying to make his new stuff look worse in other people's eyes. Interstellar is an infinitely better movie than Contact in pretty much everything, acting, directing, score, emotional weight, effects obviously, yet there are people who treat it as a 6/10 type of movie or worse. The moral of the story is, judge a movie by yourself and your opinion only.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #15718
Smoke117
NBA Legend

6.0/10

I didn't think it was close to as bad as people said...it was much better than Salvation anyway, but that movie is just ****ing atrocious. It frankly goes in a direction about 2/5ths in that it shouldn't have. Making John Connor a villain?...I see why they did it, but I'm frankly still confused about what the hell he actually was supposed to be. Emilia Clarke was incredibly miscast as Sarah Connor...well I thought her acting was better here than it is in game of thrones (which isn't saying much really), it's just impossible to take her seriously. She looks like a 14 year old girl and any fan of Terminator is going to have Linda Hamilton in their head. I thought Lena Headey was an okay Sarah, but Emilia Clarke is just too short and young looking. What makes it worse is that she's supposed to already be a tough Sarah Connor...and that just makes it unintentionally funny.

I do think the movie did an alright job of how they kept Arnold in the fold and i enjoyed the "pops" terminator character. It's no T1 or T2, and I've always found T3 underrated for what it is...but if you just tune your brain out from all the Terminator lore you already know...there are worse ways you could spend 2 hours.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 11-15-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #15719
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded

Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones 3/10
Yoda wielding a lightsaber and throwing down like we'd never seen a Jedi knight throw down before on screen was the single worthy moment of this film. Everything else was just awful. You know you've f*cked up as a writer and director when Portman, Jackson and MacGregor, quality actors all, come off like pieces of wood.

Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 6/10
Mustafar was cool. Grievous was cool but drastically underused. Obi-wan vs. Vader was Hayden's best sequence of the series...he fought with the anger and resentment and arrogance I expected of a prime Vader. MacGregor was channeling some serious Alec Guinness. Ian MacDarmid doesnt get enough credit for bringing Palpatine to life so completely, but his lightsaber duel with Jackson was silly as all hell.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:05 PM   #15720
LikeMike
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117

6.0/10

I didn't think it was close to as bad as people said...it was much better than Salvation anyway, but that movie is just ****ing atrocious. It frankly goes in a direction about 2/5ths in that it shouldn't have. Making John Connor a villain?...I see why they did it, but I'm frankly still confused about what the hell he actually was supposed to be. Emilia Clarke was incredibly miscast as Sarah Connor...well I thought her acting was better here than it is in game of thrones (which isn't saying much really), it's just impossible to take her seriously. She looks like a 14 year old girl and any fan of Terminator is going to have Linda Hamilton in their head. I thought Lena Headey was an okay Sarah, but Emilia Clarke is just too short and young looking. What makes it worse is that she's supposed to already be a tough Sarah Connor...and that just makes it unintentionally funny.

I do think the movie did an alright job of how they kept Arnold in the fold and i enjoyed the "pops" terminator character. It's no T1 or T2, and I've always found T3 underrated for what it is...but if you just tune your brain out from all the Terminator lore you already know...there are worse ways you could spend 2 hours.

It is watchable, which automatically makes it better than its reputation.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: