Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #151
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Did you see the new Hulk yet?

Two movies you really need to see ASAP:

Son of Rambow
Snow Angels

Hulk? No, but heard it's pretty good. The first one was a disappointment. How much better is the new one?

I need to check out your other suggestions too.

Just saw 'Crimes & Misdemeanors' for the first time last weekend. Great Woody Allen film! It's kind of like 'Match Point' but different.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #152
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
Hulk? No, but heard it's pretty good. The first one was a disappointment. How much better is the new one?

I need to check out your other suggestions too.

Just saw 'Crimes & Misdemeanors' for the first time last weekend. Great Woody Allen film! It's kind of like 'Match Point' but different.

It has a high 60's rating on RT, but I'm a comic fan, and it was infinitely better than the first [jumping state to state, are you kidding me?]. The action scenes were much better, and the final fight against Abomination was fantastic.

Snow Angels gets knocked because people say it was too depressing. That's the point of the movie. It was supposed to be depressing. How can you knock something that did exactly what it was supposed to do?

Anyways ...I haven't seen many Woody Allen movies ...come to think of it, I can't even think of one of the top of my head that I've seen.

Have you seen In Bruges yet? Top three of the year for me. It's only behind the Dark Knight and WALL-E.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #153
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It has a high 60's rating on RT, but I'm a comic fan, and it was infinitely better than the first [jumping state to state, are you kidding me?]. The action scenes were much better, and the final fight against Abomination was fantastic.

Snow Angels gets knocked because people say it was too depressing. That's the point of the movie. It was supposed to be depressing. How can you knock something that did exactly what it was supposed to do?

Anyways ...I haven't seen many Woody Allen movies ...come to think of it, I can't even think of one of the top of my head that I've seen.

Have you seen In Bruges yet? Top three of the year for me. It's only behind the Dark Knight and WALL-E.
Snow Angels looks great! Just saw the trailer. Sam Rockwell is one my favorite actors too.

Yeah, the first Hulk was terrible and the added frog leaps were terrible. I went into the theater expecting something brilliant since Ang Lee directed it. His movies 'Ride with the Devil' and 'Ice Storm' were great and then saw Hulk and didn't see the same director at all. He needs to stick to dramas.

You'd like 'Match Point' and 'Crimes and Misdemeanors'. Very suspenseful crime/romance movies with a good pace. Allen did a great job for both.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #154
ukplayer4
NBA rookie of the year

you forgot his two best films, crouching tiger and brokeback mountain.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #155
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
you forgot his two best films, crouching tiger and brokeback mountain.
Yeah, brokeback was great. I was just mentioning his movies before Hulk. I didn't like crouching tiger though for some reason, but only saw part of it at a friends house so I can't judge too much i suppose.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #156
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Dawn of the Dead - 10 out of fucking 10, the 1st time I saw it - that was definitely my kind of movie
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #157
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

dont mess with the zohan 8/10 its was funny ... nothing really special though
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #158
mell-0
Banned

This movie is on the same level of Blood Diamond... But because the movie deals witht he war on terror... I think it's better.

This kind of movie sends a strong political message to the viewer... It has the right amount of action without going over the top... The scenery and film locations were remarkable... It keeps a sense of humor throughout the movie without being cliche'... And I felt like the ending was perfect... (small spoiler already given away in the trailer) And it even involves an inside job orchastrated by the C.I.A.

This movie was f*cking greatness.
mell-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #159
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell-0

This movie is on the same level of Blood Diamond... But because the movie deals witht he war on terror... I think it's better.

This kind of movie sends a strong political message to the viewer... It has the right amount of action without going over the top... The scenery and film locations were remarkable... It keeps a sense of humor throughout the movie without being cliche'... And I felt like the ending was perfect... (small spoiler already given away in the trailer) And it even involves an inside job orchastrated by the C.I.A.

This movie was f*cking greatness.
What? I've never heard of that!

Edit: Wait a second...I have seen the trailers. My bad. RILDLEY SCOTT!! I'm drunk!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #160
mell-0
Banned

Quote:
What? I've never heard of that!

Edit: Wait a second...I have seen the trailers. My bad. RILDLEY SCOTT!! I'm drunk!

You have no idea how much this movie k*cked @ss.

the way The Middle East was portrayed in this moie was f*ckin beautiful... I will watching this movie again once it's on DVD.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #161
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
You have no idea how much this movie k*cked @ss.

the way The Middle East was portrayed in this moie was f*ckin beautiful... I will watching this movie again once it's on DVD.
The movie is out already! OMG I have to see it.

I was watching Alien today on TV and my God RS is a genius! That movie is a masterpiece (especailly for 1978. Imagine watching at that time.) and yes I've seen all of his movies like 50 TIMES!

Really. That good huh?

Ridley Scott is remaking '1984' and it's basically based off his 1984 Apple commercial I've heard. Can't wait.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #162
mell-0
Banned

Quote:
The movie is out already! OMG I have to see it.

I was watching Alien today on TV and my God RS is a genius! That movie is a masterpiece (especailly for 1978. Imagine watching at that time.) and yes I've seen all of his movies like 50 TIMES!

Really. That good huh?

Ridley Scott is remaking '1984' and it's basically based off his 1984 Apple commercial I've heard. Can't wait.

Make no mistake about it... this movie is geting mixed reviews... I just saw it tonight, and I must say... this movie was perfect for a guy like me... (Doomsday Dallas)

If you want to see how the war on terror might look like... or how memebers of the C.I.A. might opperate... or more importantly what are the 'good' muslims doing to fight against the 'bad' muslims?... This movie was greatness. It does have the same feel as SPY GAME,... but I felt like this movie was far much better. Russel Crowe's character was damn near perfect.

Oh yea... You will see some serious blood in the movie... or should I say pain instead?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #163
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Make no mistake about it... this movie is geting mixed reviews... I just saw it tonight, and I must say... this movie was perfect for a guy like me... (Doomsday Dallas)

If you want to see how the war on terror might look like... or how memebers of the C.I.A. might opperate... or more importantly what are the 'good' muslims doing to fight against the 'bad' muslims?... This movie was greatness. It does have the same feel as SPY GAME,... but I felt like this movie was far much better. Russel Crowe's character was damn near perfect.

Oh yea... You will see some serious blood in the movie... or should I say pain instead?

Doomsday, your a pimp. I have to see that movie!!!!

Beers up man! you've got to try some of these Portland beers. Best in the US!!
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #164
mell-0
Banned

Quote:
Doomsday, your a pimp. I have to see that movie!!!!

Beers up man! you've got to try some of these Portland beers. Best in the US!!

I must warn you... propaganda is in this film. Pay more attention to the ending,... And the propaganda won't exist.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #165
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Body Of Lies... WOW.

This movie was great. Maybe it also has to do with me paying a lot of attention throughout the whole movie, but I really enjoyed it. DiCaprio is incredible... I always knew he was one of the best actors, but he just is really good in this one. Crowe is also very good. He really irritated me, so that means that he played his character very well also.

It's really great because here you have the fighter in DiCaprio, doing everything for Crowe, while Crowe is at home, watching over him and giving him orders as if he is doing most of the work.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: