Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1651
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I just watched Wolverine too.... and I kinda disagree with you. First off, everything you mentioned was bad, yet you still gave it a 5.5, meaning it is above average.

Second, what were you expecting from an X-Men movie?? I personally watch them primarily for the nostalgia associated with seeing cartoon/comic characters from my youth portrayed on the big screen. Second would be the action sequences and special effects, both of which were IMO pretty decent for what the movie was.

I'd say a 6 or 7, which is probably mostly based on how much I loved the X-Men when I was younger, and the inclusion of Gambit and Wade Wilson.

I was being generous with my rating only because as bad as it was, I didn't stop watching it, so it helped kill time. And Hugh really carried that film.

As far as "what were you expecting" I was expecting something better, that's what. The first 2 Xmen films were pretty good regardless of genre, this one was just written really bad even by comic movie standards.

Some of the effects looked good, but some were bad specially the makeup on that fat guy. The Xavier cameo was horrible, the fight outside the bar with Wolverine and his brother was terribly shot, too much green screen digitally imposed as background throughout the movie following on Luca's latest Indiana Jones which was a disaster.

But Hugh almost carried the entire film by himself..... too bad the writers and director killed it.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #1652
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I was being generous with my rating only because as bad as it was, I didn't stop watching it, so it helped kill time. And Hugh really carried that film.

As far as "what were you expecting" I was expecting something better, that's what. The first 2 Xmen films were pretty good regardless of genre, this one was just written really bad even by comic movie standards.

Some of the effects looked good, but some were bad specially the makeup on that fat guy. The Xavier cameo was horrible, the fight outside the bar with Wolverine and his brother was terribly shot, too much green screen digitally imposed as background throughout the movie following on Luca's latest Indiana Jones which was a disaster.

But Hugh almost carried the entire film by himself..... too bad the writers and director killed it.

Not to mention, the scene where Wolverine checks his new adamantine claws out in the mirror. Terrible.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #1653
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Land of the lost

1/10 i couldnt give it a 0, but don't waste your time watching this $hit was whack
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #1654
embersyc
Lurker

Oh I totally forgot:

Year One: 6/10

Eh it had a few chuckles and wasn't a horrible story overall it kept me watching, didn't really like a few of the characters, but it was somewhat entertaining.

Hey why don't they just start making Michael Cera's characters be full blown gay in movies? Seems like he gets closer and closer each film he is in and somehow still always gets the hot chick in the end.

Last edited by embersyc : 09-20-2009 at 08:57 PM.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #1655
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Oh I totally forgot:

Year Zero: 6/10

i think you mean year one....year one was a funny movie tho, wouldn't mind watching it again, David Cross made it funny.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #1656
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Cloudy With a chance of Meat Balls - 9/10, real funny movie...another great "kids" flick

Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 AM   #1657
momo
Value Ape.

Befoer the devil knows your dead.

6/10
Not great and far less than I had hoped. I am having a hard time pinpointing what was wrong with it. It just sort of plods along. The acting is fine, but I think the actors may have been miscast. Marisa Tomei getting buck naked in it was worth a point so call it 5/10 and 6/10 if Marisa does it for ya.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:50 AM   #1658
rivers to gates
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo

6/10
Not great and far less than I had hoped. I am having a hard time pinpointing what was wrong with it. It just sort of plods along. The acting is fine, but I think the actors may have been miscast. Marisa Tomei getting buck naked in it was worth a point so call it 5/10 and 6/10 if Marisa does it for ya.

Sounds to me like the bigger problem was you. Maybe you should stick to V for Vendetta or something.
rivers to gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #1659
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo

6/10

man, i had so many people telling me how incredible this movie was and I hated it. It just made me feel lousy to watch these miserable ass holes go through this horrible midadventure, I didn't care about any of them. I thought it was uninspired and I'm not going to give it credit just because PSH is so good at playing dark roles.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #1660
rivers to gates
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
man, i had so many people telling me how incredible this movie was and I hated it. It just made me feel lousy to watch these miserable ass holes go through this horrible midadventure, I didn't care about any of them. I thought it was uninspired and I'm not going to give it credit just because PSH is so good at playing dark roles.

Maybe the other people are right and the problem is with you.
rivers to gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #1661
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivers to gates
Roasted Doomellow
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #1662
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivers to gates

hahaha, you're probably right. I love the cast, it just didn't do it for me.

moving on...

I am awfully forgiving of popcorn blockbusters but I didn't like Wolverine very much. I didn't read the comics, I don't know the back story, I did watch the cartoon though, and Gambit, who was my favorite character in the cartoon, was not good in the movie. First off they got the pretty boy from Friday Night Lights to play him, I couldn't tell if he was even trying to do the creole accent but he sucks if he was. The character was also just completely pointless to the story. My buddy who's a comic book head was saying how it was better than the x-men movies and was one of the better summer movies this year but I didn't get into it at all, i greatly preferred star trek and even terminator to this. I have a hard time taking Huge (hugh jackman) seriously, but even with that I thought it was sort of a generic action movie with weak/formulaic story, visuals, direction, and performances.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #1663
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Das Boot Director's Cut.

One of the best 3+ hour cinematic investments I've ever made. Just a ridiculously good film. 97%.
I enjoyed it but the end really annoyed me.
3+ hours and it ends like that?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #1664
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I enjoyed it but the end really annoyed me.
3+ hours and it ends like that?

i would love to hear what exactly your issue is with the ending of das boat.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #1665
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Girlfight combines two of my favorite things, broads and boxing. It made me want to get back in the gym. This movie was very well done. The story was top notch. The lead was angst ridden, but not whiny, tough but not cold. The ending was done very well.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: