Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #1666
catzhernandez
take me to your litter

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Gamer - 7/10

Different. Had a artistic feel to it. Did I mention different?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #1667
D-Rose
Da Mavs

I can do bad all by myself (not sure f thats exactly what its called)

7/10....maddea is friggin hilarious LMAO
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #1668
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

The Count of Monte Cristo

Starring Jim Cazeviel

9/10

It's about Love, Courage, Revenge and Betrayal

Last edited by sirkeelma : 09-24-2009 at 01:15 AM.
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #1669
embersyc
Lurker

Surrogates: 4/10

The movie had an interesting concept, but very poor unbelievable implementation of that concept. This is not even a very convincing version of the future, besides Surrogates there does not seem to be any other significant technological differences between our world and the world presented here.

The plot of this movie is total garbage, the action scenes are not very convincing.

Predictably the whole movie turns into a moral story about how we shouldn't rely so heavily on technology, except a real good reason for why people shouldn't use Surrogates is never presented, other than there is suddenly a weapon that kill a surrogate operator, only a handful of people are actually killed this way. Therefore this movie seems very technophobic to me. The people who are against Surrogates seem to be crazed zealots, including Bruce Willis who just flips out and becomes extraordinarily hateful of surrogates for no apparent reason.

The end of the movie is the greatest ****storm of all, and spoilers in white...

Bruce Willis saves humanity from a virus that will destroy every Surrogate robot and kill everyone connected to them. After he saves all the people he has the choice of whether or not to save the surrogates and chooses to destroy every surrogate in the whole world. However, since everybody loved living through their surrogate so much, what would prevent people from just making them again?
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1670
Dasher
NBA Superstar

82%
This was a rather frustrating documentary to watch. Whenever I see companies blatantly put short term goals before the longterm health of their companies, and the US economy I cringe. It is also distressing to see a huge opportunity blown by California and GM. The hybrid stage of automobiles was effectively skipped, but other interests mainly from the oil lobby and the car parts manufacturers killed what could have been a great leap foward for American technology. Other nations, most notably China, are already making plans to skip the hybrid stage of cars, and roll fully into the no emmission electric car stage.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #1671
ZeN
Stormblessed

Year One

2/10

Truely awful flick..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #1672
shlver
코비=GOAT

Surrogates: 2/10
Illogical, confusing, boring, actions scenes sucked balls. The characters had no depth. Horrible movie.

Anybody have a review for Pandorum?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #1673
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

8.5/10

Saw it for the first time on IFC tonight, don't know why I slept on it so long. Why can't all romantic-comedies be this adult, realistic, creative, quirky, and funny? Is it too much to ask?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #1674
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

8.5/10

Saw it for the first time on IFC tonight, don't know why I slept on it so long. Why can't all romantic-comedies be this adult, realistic, creative, quirky, and funny? Is it too much to ask?

there have been plenty of great ones recently.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #1675
Dasher
NBA Superstar

I finally watched Basic Instinct for the first time. It was a really big letdown. The movie teetered on the edge of being terrible for the 2+ hours it ran. 52%/100
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #1676
halffttime
shorty doowop

9/10

now i know what the fuss was all about. great movie, great acting, even better writing.. strong message..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #1677
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

just checked out transformers 2: it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be

6.5/10

T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #1678
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Coraline: 94/100

Yep, I said it. Better then the Nightmare Before Christmas. I liked it more than Wall-E and that's really saying something, because Wall-E was a first for me. Having an emotional connection with an animated character is incredibly rare.

I've noticed a lot of reviews start with the visuals, and you'll hear the same from me. They were absolutely stunning. I was literally in shock at how beautiful they were. For lack of a better term, "the colors man, the colors!" The dark 2D backgrounds with the really vibrant 3D in front really makes everything pop. I want to watch it again immediately to concentrate on the visuals more. I noticed at least that I could make hundreds of really cool wallpapers for myself. I'll do that soon.

I was surprised it was rated PG as some scenes were downright creepy. I was thinking that this could not have been PG, at least PG-13, right? Nope. I guess creepy isn't bad enough to warrant a PG-13 rating, but still, I was surprised. I didn't know if the movie was going to take a turn for horror/suspense. It did slightly.

With most animated movies, I know who the voices are and I'm fully aware. I feel like I'm simply listening to that person talk, but with Coraline, I did not feel the same. I felt like I was actually watching a real girl. The voice was not important. I cared more for the actual character than who was speaking. With Wall-E it was different because he didn't talk, it was easier.

The only negative was with the timing. The first hour and 15 was spent building the story, but then it ended too quickly for me. I wish there were another 10-15 minutes for the ending. The beginning was so incredibly fun for me, I became upset when the tail-end was wrapped up so easily. You can't win them all, and 10/10 is so rare. Wall-E was 10/10, but I still liked this more.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #1679
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime

9/10

now i know what the fuss was all about. great movie, great acting, even better writing.. strong message..

although i enjoyed it greatly it was no where near as commited as it thought it was, it wanted to be as dareing, offbeat, cleaver and cynical about love as eternal sunshine of the spotless mind/lost in translation and a whole host of classic films of a similar ilk- which it also stole from visually, but it just didnt have the balls. it copped out every time you thought it was really headed somewhere original. the humour also was crying out for comercial acceptance.
that said i still really enjoyed it.
8/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #1680
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
although i enjoyed it greatly it was no where near as commited as it thought it was, it wanted to be as dareing, offbeat, cleaver and cynical about love as eternal sunshine of the spotless mind/lost in translation and a whole host of classic films of a similar ilk- which it also stole from visually, but it just didnt have the balls. it copped out every time you thought it was really headed somewhere original. the humour also was crying out for comercial acceptance.
that said i still really enjoyed it.
8/10

lol yea i know what you mean about the humour part. it's like they brainstormed ideas on the set of the movie for ways to make the theatre audience laugh.. it was funny, but it wasnt funny funny..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: