Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #1666
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
The Hangover

71%

Was I expecting more? Hells yes
Was it comparable to Superbad? Hells no

Was still a funny movie, but defiantly not as good as Superbad, and eehhh, I personally just wasnt feeling it.

Gotta agree on this one. I liked Stu a million times more than Allen who was just a straight up buffoon (thogh funny at many times). I thought the tazering joke, the baby wackin' off joke fell really flat. Though I was f*ckin dying when AZN guy and Tyson came on.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #1667
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11
Gotta agree on this one. I liked Stu a million times more than Allen who was just a straight up buffoon (thogh funny at many times). I thought the tazering joke, the baby wackin' off joke fell really flat. Though I was f*ckin dying when AZN guy and Tyson came on.
Yeah, the asian and Tyson were seriously awesome. The movie would have been REALLY bad without them.

The jacking off jokes and that immature section of it was REALLY weak. Then the tazering was only somewhat interesting with the little fat kid...but that seems like a pretty unoriginal scene idea.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #1668
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton

8/10 funny ish
Whatever has happened to Eddie Murphy?
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #1669
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
Final Destination 4
6.5/10

Time Travel
5/10

Is this the 3-D one/ I'm about to go out and see this. All I've been hearing is that it's the funnest movie ever.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #1670
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
The Hangover

71%

Was I expecting more? Hells yes
Was it comparable to Superbad? Hells no

Was still a funny movie, but defiantly not as good as Superbad, and eehhh, I personally just wasnt feeling it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! How could you not like Hangover? Better than Superbad I think.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #1671
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
Whatever has happened to Eddie Murphy?

Shi tty. PG. 13. Movies.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #1672
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

6/10

from imdb boards: "Makes Armageddon look like a science documentary"

see it in a lazy sunday, or if you wake up from an extended power nap @ 3am or something like that.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #1673
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
How could you not like Hangover? Better than Superbad I think.

this.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #1674
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)

6/10

see it in a lazy sunday, or if you wake up from an extended power nap @ 3am or something like that.

We watched it in my physics class and you have to point out the numerous moments of retardness.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #1675
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)

6/10

Quote:
100% Exciting!
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #1676
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fantastic, one of the best British films I've ever seen.

9/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #1677
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

The New World (2006)

Terry Malick comes out of the woodwork again to deliver his best and only 4th film. It might be his most simplistic movie, but at the same time it's his most powerful and emotional film. The criticism of Terry is that he is unemotional and only interested in how his movies look. Granted, the voice overs at times kind of drift off into the middle of nowhere.But it doesn't really matter though because the actors do such a good job and Terry gets such a good performances.

As much as I respect his earlier work, he is CLEARLY hitting his comfort zone now and it shows from the dialogue (What little these is of it)and the editing. Which is much better and precise than it was in the Days of Heaven days. I should warn you: Don't look for historical accuracy or you will be disappointed. Instead, expect a historical love epic that doesn't treat you like an idiot.

8/10
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #1678
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

9.5/10 or 6/10 depending on what ya want.

Visually it is cool as hell, but it is real thin as far as story and character. They would have done better by removing 50% of the dialogue and letting it be what it actually is: an action flick in animated form. If I see it again I am just muting it and listening to a mix tape while I watch... and that suxors because the soundtrack/sound efx were excellent.

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #1679
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Das Boot Director's Cut.

One of the best 3+ hour cinematic investments I've ever made. Just a ridiculously good film. 97%.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #1680
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Drag me to Hell: 10/10

Okay, I only rate this one a 10 because it is a horrifying movie, and a horror film thats a good thing. This movie doesn't just startle you although it does that plenty, but it really gives you a sense of dread for what is coming, I admit I was totally uncomfortable the entire time I was watching it. The foreshadowing in this movie is very disturbing too I almost shut it off once or twice because of what I was sure was coming.

My only question is why not try and seek out a church at some point? I'm an atheist, but if I had a demon coming after me I think it would be the first place I'd go, not to a damn fortune teller...
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: