Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #166
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

worldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Last movie I saw was Naughty Cheerleaders 3.
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #167
mell-0
Banned

mell-0 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Body Of Lies... WOW.

This movie was great. Maybe it also has to do with me paying a lot of attention throughout the whole movie, but I really enjoyed it. DiCaprio is incredible... I always knew he was one of the best actors, but he just is really good in this one. Crowe is also very good. He really irritated me, so that means that he played his character very well also.

It's really great because here you have the fighter in DiCaprio, doing everything for Crowe, while Crowe is at home, watching over him and giving him orders as if he is doing most of the work.

Spoiler!!!!

Yea... but what's the guys name?... Hani?.... He's really doing most of the work. I love how he used Roger Ferris to get his man... And the way he expains it to him at the end is awsome... This movie had it all.
mell-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #168
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell-0
Spoiler!!!!

Yea... but what's the guys name?... Hani?.... He's really doing most of the work. I love how he used Roger Ferris to get his man... And the way he expains it to him at the end is awsome... This movie had it all.

Spoiler

Yea that was great. I did predict he was the one that was going to help. That guy Hoffman was such a dick. "Sorry buddy" as he got taken away. He left him for dead. ****ing Americans.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #169
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Lakeview Terrace -

SUCKED
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 AM   #170
mell-0
Banned

mell-0 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Spoiler

Yea that was great. I did predict he was the one that was going to help. That guy Hoffman was such a dick. "Sorry buddy" as he got taken away. He left him for dead. ****ing Americans.

Man I really thought that Hoffman was gonna get lucky with his 25% chance at saving Ferris... (they should of followed one car right?) That was crazy how they knew to form a dust cloud to prevent any global hawk or satelite from knowing which car would hold him.

What really make me start to wonder was... did you see Leo in Dubai?

They are turning that place into the ultimate tourist attraction.

google it... DUBAI.
mell-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 AM   #171
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

dewey cox walk hard.

very very funny just alot of jokes.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #172
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

meh, i was soooo looking forward to body of lies, 2 of the greatest actors of their generation, dicaprio imo is that level of actor that can become the greatest screen actor of all. the trailer is awesome, good subject matter for a pacey film and scotts visuals look great- echos of bourne.
but, it has recieved very mixed reviews, which does not count it out as still being a good film but certainly shortens the odds of it being a masterpiece as it is not a film of great ambition that some may be unable to aprieciate initially ala citizen kane/2001/the fountain etc.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #173
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Munich."

Don't rightly know how to rate it. The scenes about the actual hostage-taking and subsequent events are positively chilling; the ones about tracking down those responsible were very hit and miss. Definitely a better film than most I've seen in awhile, but I can't say it's a classic. I don't know. 7.5/10, I guess.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #174
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
Lakeview Terrace -

SUCKED

Incorrect. Try again at a later date.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:56 AM   #175
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
X Files: I Want To Believe: 3/10

Eh. I'm a fan of the show, but the movie really didn't have a paranormal feel to it. Except maybe the one psychic in the movie, it just didn't have the classic X Files feel. Although, Mulder and Scully are in love, their son died, and they have been living together for several years.

Agreed. 3/10

To me it also didnt feel like there was this amazing story to tell so they got everybody back to get together because they HAD to tell it. It just felt like everybody wanted to make some money so they just threw together a story or picked one out of a pile. Would have been a decent couple tv episodes, but not strong enough for a movie.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #176
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyknucks
Agreed. 3/10

To me it also didnt feel like there was this amazing story to tell so they got everybody back to get together because they HAD to tell it. It just felt like everybody wanted to make some money so they just threw together a story or picked one out of a pile. Would have been a decent couple tv episodes, but not strong enough for a movie.

You know their's going to be a third, possibly fourth. How can they not reveal what happened to Mulder's sister? That's basically what the entire series was about. It was Mulder's never-ending quest for the truth behind his sister's abduction.

Funny, I got really into X Files last year. I rented the first two seasons, started downloading all of the rest of them. I was watching one or two episodes a day, until I came across an episode from the first or second season [can't remember which], which was about a disfigured boy, whom the town folks wanted to kill because they thought he was a monster of sorts. The kid ended up being gay, and was obsessed with Cher. At the end of the episode, the kid starts walking up a flight of stairs dancing and singing to Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves", and it was quite possibly the gayest thing I had ever seen at the time. It was the worst episode I had ever seen. I haven't watched an episode since then. I just cannot get that horrible sequence out of my mind, and it completely turned me off from the series as a whole.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #177
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You know their's going to be a third, possibly fourth. How can they not reveal what happened to Mulder's sister? That's basically what the entire series was about. It was Mulder's never-ending quest for the truth behind his sister's abduction.

Funny, I got really into X Files last year. I rented the first two seasons, started downloading all of the rest of them. I was watching one or two episodes a day, until I came across an episode from the first or second season [can't remember which], which was about a disfigured boy, whom the town folks wanted to kill because they thought he was a monster of sorts. The kid ended up being gay, and was obsessed with Cher. At the end of the episode, the kid starts walking up a flight of stairs dancing and singing to Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves", and it was quite possibly the gayest thing I had ever seen at the time. It was the worst episode I had ever seen. I haven't watched an episode since then. I just cannot get that horrible sequence out of my mind, and it completely turned me off from the series as a whole.
They did reveal what happened to his sister.

And the The Great Mutato wasn't gay.

Last edited by El Kabong : 10-13-2008 at 07:40 AM.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #178
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How was the Great Mutato not gay? I don't remember the show revealing what happened to his sister. If they did, then why was he still looking for her in the new movie?

Jacob's Ladder: 8/10

I've seen this movie several times, and it still creeps me out. It's a very underrated horror film, and should be watched by any horror fan.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #179
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quarantine - absolutely terrible movie lol
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #180
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

HILARIOUS. If you like Judd Apatow's films (Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc etc) then you'll love Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Comedy at its best.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: