Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #2641
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
***SPOLIERS***

His wife doesn't get killed? How did you come to that conclusion?

/spoliers

SPOILERS!

Leonard = Sammy. Sammy had a wife who was diabetic, Teddy says Leonard's wife was diabetic as well. But then again, Teddy: Don't believe his lies.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #2642
catzhernandez
take me to your litter

2012 - 8.5/10

I don't see what all the hate was about.

The effects were amazing, and sure some of it was outlandish, but that's what movies are all about, and it may be fun to poke at the movie a time or two, you can't help but to be in awe during many points of the movie. Myself speaking, my heart was racing during at least two parts of the movie.

The Road - 8.8/10

Pretty sad, but very realistic in my opinion. Didn't really like Theron's role, but still, Mortenson was amazing.

Law Abiding Citizen - 8.8/10

This movie kicked major ass, I was very into it, maybe due to the fact that Gerard Butler is a very entertaining actor to me, and I like badass roles. Pretty unrealistic, but it was still entertaining beyond belief. **SPOILER ALERT** The ending was way over the top, they had him trapped, why blow up the entire corridor of the jail when Foxx easily could have just shot him. A movie, yes, but c'mon now... /SPOLIER**
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #2643
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJyelcnINH0&feature=fvw
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #2644
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Chalk- 9/10
Collapse-8/10
Harold- 5/10 (actually didn't finish it)
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #2645
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

one of my all time favorite films 'mad max' is on IFC at 330 EST!
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #2646
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've seen Taken probably a dozen times since it's been on HBO. And I'm certainly not going to sit here and act like it wasn't entertaining. And Liam Neeson is certainly a badass. And it was a straight forward aproach to the action genre that's a complete throwback, and not without being appreciated.

However, I can't remember the last movie I watched with so many inexplicable jumps from scene to scene. Right from the get go, he's attacking people at the airport, resulting in a guy getting run down by a dump truck, cut to the next shot of him reading a newspaper at a cafe. He had no means of escaping that situation, no vehicle, no companion, even the highway was bottled up from his car chase. The albanian's kidnapping of two young girls in broad daylight is hard to believe, so they cut before they come out of the building. How there's no apparent interest from the friend's family is mind boggling to me as well. It's there families appartment they're staying at, and four days later still no contact. His ability to get high resolution photo analysis from a kiosk style memory stick reader is astounding. The French Security department's effort to tail him lasted until he blew a red light and flipped the guy off, and then they apparently gave up on the whole project. He makes repeated attacks on this Albanian mafia, they obviously know who he is, yet they never seem to up there security at all, and he's able to simply walk into a high price illegal sex trade party. And he gets into the trading room by taking out a waiter. This is after the mob has had thirty or forty guys killed, and at least two facilities infiltrated.
Even right down to the very end, I'd love to see how this guy was able to board an airplane in France after his wave of destruction and attack on the head of French security. He goes from just shooting the shiek, who knows how he got out of there, to getting off a plane in LA. The sequence between those two events could have been it's own movie.

Not a bad movie, I'd give it a high 60s just for entertainment value, but just a logistical mess.

and

but still, it is a very entertaining film
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #2647
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

this is genuis.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #2648
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

last night i watched a prophet. it was brutal but very good. in my top 15 for the year, you guys should check it out i think alot of you would like it, its a prison/stroke mafia film.
8.5/10
Old 01-25-2010, 05:36 AM   #2649
Dasher
NBA Superstar

43%

I was terribly disappointed with the film adaptation of one of my favorite books.(When I was a jit.)
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #2650
Apples
Banned

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009) - Nicholas Cage may owe the IRS 14 million dollars, but when you're done watching Cage's latest movie about an edgy and unpredictable cop, you'll feel like you owe him money! Port of Call New Orleans is hands down one of Cage's best films to date. Throughout the entire movie I didn't know what was coming next from him, and it kept my interest throughout it. If you love characters, then watching Nicholas Cage in this movie will be a treat. 8.7/10

The Go-Getter (2007) - A drama with a short adventure. This is a decent movie, slow, but with a lot of nice dialog. The pace is bearable, and while the main character isn't so interesting, his interaction with the people he meets along his road trip make the movie interesting. While the main character isn't very exciting, he's real and easy to relate to. "You ever wonder if people start bands just to make the rest of us feel like shiit?", a classic line from a movie that may not be a classic, but if you're a fan of such dramas like Juno or Rocket Science, then you'll find your time was well spent watching The Go-Getter. (6.8/10)

Last edited by Apples : 01-25-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #2651
Ri3tN
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
2012 - 8.5/10

I don't see what all the hate was about.

The effects were amazing, and sure some of it was outlandish, but that's what movies are all about, and it may be fun to poke at the movie a time or two, you can't help but to be in awe during many points of the movie. Myself speaking, my heart was racing during at least two parts of the movie.

The Road - 8.8/10

Pretty sad, but very realistic in my opinion. Didn't really like Theron's role, but still, Mortenson was amazing.

Law Abiding Citizen - 8.8/10

This movie kicked major ass, I was very into it, maybe due to the fact that Gerard Butler is a very entertaining actor to me, and I like badass roles. Pretty unrealistic, but it was still entertaining beyond belief.

Regarding your spoiler:
*SPOILER*
I think it's because if Foxx just shot him, that would be murder, wouldn't it? But if he left him to die, he wouldn't have been charged for it, because it's essentially butler's fault. Not sure though, but whatever.
Ri3tN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #2652
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Role Models

Funny movie, but it seems it relied a bit too much on a kid cussing for half the movie. Also, it's rather formulaic and highly predictable, but it does have a halfway decent message in there. C+
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #2653
rfm767
Local High School Star

Inglorious Basterds 9.3/10
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #2654
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Sherlock Holmes 7.5-8/10

Really liked it, Downey Jr. played a great role, very humourous and I really liked the historical features in the film.
My favourite part was:
Girl:"I've never woken up handcuffed"
Holmes: "I have, naked".

Ending was pretty good also..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #2655
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009) - Nicholas Cage may owe the IRS 14 million dollars, but when you're done watching Cage's latest movie about an edgy and unpredictable cop, you'll feel like you owe him money! Port of Call New Orleans is hands down one of Cage's best films to date. Throughout the entire movie I didn't know what was coming next from him, and it kept my interest throughout it. If you love characters, then watching Nicholas Cage in this movie will be a treat. 8.7/10

The Go-Getter (2007) - A drama with a short adventure. This is a decent movie, slow, but with a lot of nice dialog. The pace is bearable, and while the main character isn't so interesting, his interaction with the people he meets along his road trip make the movie interesting. While the main character isn't very exciting, he's real and easy to relate to. "You ever wonder if people start bands just to make the rest of us feel like shiit?", a classic line from a movie that may not be a classic, but if you're a fan of such dramas like Juno or Rocket Science, then you'll find your time was well spent watching The Go-Getter. (6.8/10)

Where'd you find Bad Lieutenant. I wanted to see it in the theatres, but it was only playing in one local around here, and even then it only ran for half a week.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: