Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #2641
Insomniax
Banned

Insomniax has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Wow what a movie. like someone mentioned above you dont want the movie to end but it does. a solid 9/10 for me. viggo is really starting to grow on me as an actor. first eastern promises, now this. its a pretty sad and depressing film but in the end it leaves you with hope. i wish the world never ends up like this. although they never explained why the world became like that, i think it was perfect that they didnt explain it. otherwise people will focus on the apocalyptic events rather then what the movie truly means.
Insomniax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #2642
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

The Room - 10/10 would watch again. A++++++++++

I fed up with this world!
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #2643
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

In Bruges.

Saw it before, but just watched it again this afternoon. 10/10 easily.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #2644
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let me preface this by saying- I was getting pretty tired of seeing Michael Cera play the same awkward, bumbling social reject (ie, himself) in coming-of-age films. But this was a pretty entertaining, off-the-beaten-path teenage sex romp movie. The dual personality angle was refreshing, finally got to see Cera attempt to act and not just read lines as himself.

My major problems with the movie are 1) The dialogue was completely pretentious and unbelievable, it was like Dawson's Creek all over again with horny teenagers citing Albert Camus, reciting French poems, and generally speaking as if it were a Shakespearean play 2) Steve Buscemi went to waste in this one, real shame.

Overall it's a fun, original flick.

7/10

And Francois is my n*gga
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #2645
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Let me preface this by saying- I was getting pretty tired of seeing Michael Cera play the same awkward, bumbling social reject (ie, himself) in coming-of-age films. But this was a pretty entertaining, off-the-beaten-path teenage sex romp movie. The dual personality angle was refreshing, finally got to see Cera attempt to act and not just read lines as himself.

My major problems with the movie are 1) The dialogue was completely pretentious and unbelievable, it was like Dawson's Creek all over again with horny teenagers citing Albert Camus, reciting French poems, and generally speaking as if it were a Shakespearean play 2) Steve Buscemi went to waste in this one, real shame.

Overall it's a fun, original flick.

7/10

And Francois is my n*gga
Heard this is enjoyable. Might check it out online or some sh*t.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #2646
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

i used to get very angry at people for liking dawsons creek, for this very reason.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #2647
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Last 3 movies I watched were "The Road", "Sherlock Holmes" and "Brothers". Sherlock Holmes was crappy quality, but a solid, entertaining flick as I expected it to be, but wow these other two movies. Couldn't find a more depressing pair of movies that I didn't know much about before watching them. Both make you sit back and think for a bit about different things.

8.5/10, 8/10 and 7.5/10 respectively for the three listed above
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #2648
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've watched a lot of movies recently and I'll review them eventually.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #2649
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've watched a lot of movies recently and I'll review them eventually.
are any of these wim wenders films???
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #2650
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher

I downloaded a Bluray of Wings of Desire, I'll get to it soon.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #2651
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher

Not yet, no. It took two days to download Wings of Desire, so I'll watch that tonight.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #2652
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I downloaded a Bluray of Wings of Desire, I'll get to it soon.
excellent. looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #2653
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Captains Courageous - 7/10

One of the few Kipling books I didn't read growing up (he was my favorite). If I read the book before, I probably would have enjoyed it more. Still really liked it mainly because it was shot on location which is very rare for a movie like this in the 30s. Some of the shots of the ship in the ocean are insane, it's tilting more than 45 degrees, not sure if that's standard practice though. Good movie but like I said, you either need to watch it when you were young or have loved the novel as a kid to really become attached to it (this was actually my grandfathers favorite movie growing up, that's how I found out about it).
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #2654
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

did a double feature (theater hop) this afternoon

Daybreakers

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

both had really compelling previews but haven't had great reviews. It was a good day to pop some pineapple cannabis candy and theater hop a double feature. No major complaints on either, though no sterling reviews either. Ethan Hawke and Willem Dafoe in a sci-fi about vampires seemed like a recipe for success but there wasn't anything original or noteworthy in the story, it was stylistic and had a few cool stunts and effects. One of those movies where you never end up caring much about the characters, some cliche themes in their relationships and some well worn plot points made this an easy-to-swallow, candy-coated popcorn movie probably best saved for DVD.
I had higher expectations for Dr Parnassus and while it was certainly much more original, it didn't blow me away. I think Brazil is brilliant and I really like Terry Gilliam's out-there surreal style but sometimes his stuff is just weird for the sake of weird (not necessarily a bad thing), it felt like a more complicated story was being rushed through at times. Crazy cast, they did a good job (Heath Ledger was sharp, shame), and I was thoroughly entertained throughout, just didn't blow my hair back.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 AM   #2655
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Old Boy

This is a really weird movie. The story is definitely about a subject that not a lot of films delve into. When they finally show you what everything is about, you're just sitting there going, what the ****..seriously? It's a little disturbing, but I won't say what it is because it pretty much spoils the movie. The premise is about a guy getting locked up for 15 years then being released and trying to get revenge, but it just gets weird as hell. Watch it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't even know what to rate this movie. Probably somewhere in the 70-85 range for me.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: