Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #2656
sergiorodriguez

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan

Old Boy

This is a really weird movie. The story is definitely about a subject that not a lot of films delve into. When they finally show you what everything is about, you're just sitting there going, what the ****..seriously? It's a little disturbing, but I won't say what it is because it pretty much spoils the movie. The premise is about a guy getting locked up for 15 years then being released and trying to get revenge, but it just gets weird as hell. Watch it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't even know what to rate this movie. Probably somewhere in the 70-85 range for me.
is that the movie where he fucks his daughter?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #2657
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
is that the movie where he fucks his daughter?
My god, man... Have you no shame? That is a blatant spoiler with no warning.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #2658
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah Sergio, delete that ****..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #2659
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Yeah Sergio, delete that ****..
you made it seem so dramatic, the way you built up the suspense in your post, I couldn't resist
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #2660
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hadn't seen the film and maybe I would have never had the opportunity to view it. But now, if I do, it is completely ruined.

Thanks.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #2661
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good to know you enjoy being a douchebag..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #2662
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I hadn't seen the film and maybe I would have never had the opportunity to view it. But now, if I do, it is completely ruined.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 AM   #2663
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Good to know you enjoy being a douchebag..

Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #2664
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i am going to kill sergio.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #2665
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
i am going to kill sergio.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #2666
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I ****ing HATE when people seem to have absolutely no regard for posting spoilers. Don't go into PT's Avatar thread if you haven't seen it yet, that douchecanoe does the same thing. Aaaanyway...

This was a very charming little film. You have two guys, from two completely different walks of life. One of which is older, who doesn't talk much and is despondent, and seemingly just mad at life. The other of which is a Senegalese immigrant, who is always upbeat, smiling, talkative, and looking towards the promise the future holds. The story begins when the old man finds himself and in the Senegalese man's cab, offers him a strange proposition, and is instead reached out to when his despondency is recognized.

There aren't many flaws here to speak of, maybe one plot hole but I'm willing to let that go. As far as I could tell there's no score here to speak of, except for whatever music was playing in his cab at the time. That doesn't detract from the movie, however, and actually serves to lend it a sort of genuine feel, if that makes any sense. The cinematography is very basic, but that also lends to the genuine feel of the movie. The acting is quite good except for one scene. The guy who played Solo just oozed charisma and I couldn't help but find myself smiling in his various interactions with the old man.

The movie doesn't aim to mushroom stamp your forehead with plot details, either. It lets you figure thing out on your own, which is nice.

7.9/10

Last edited by ShannonElements : 01-16-2010 at 01:59 AM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #2667
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Sickenly biased, but I expected it since it was commissioned by the party. I couldn't get over it and thus couldn't enjoy the acting or other parts as much. 5/10
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #2668
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been meaning to watch this for ages. It's been on my HDD for some time now, but I never had any good subtitles for it. Yes, it's in English, but any time a movie features heavy accents I like to have subs for the odd word I can't quite understand. Anyway, I found the perfect subs and gave it a watch.

And wawaweewa have I been missing out. This is one helluva movie. Powerful, emotive, beautiful, and crushingly sad all at the same time. I've always though Don Cheadle was one of the best actors out there today, and this movie just further cements my opinion. Dude deserves more recognition. Everyone else did a fine job as well, no complaints. They were very transparent actually, which is good. The score wasn't overwhelming but it definitely packed a punch when the moment called for it. It never stood out, but only added to the gravity of the scenes. Good cinematography.

The story was heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time, I can rarely say I felt that way about a film. I am truly disgusted by the vitriol and contempt we treat some of our fellow humans with, while at the same time my heart is warmed by the lengths some go to to help others.

Overall: great movie.

9/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #2669
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A Serious Man - 8.5
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #2670
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Book of Eli: 2/10

Even Gary Oldman couldn't save this piece of trash.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: