Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #2716
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

'Fantastic Mr. Fox' - 8.8 / 10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #2717
sixerfan82
College star

Wasn't bad but wasn't great. The worst part about it was the fact that it looked like it was shot 10 years ago.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #2718
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Book of Eli - 8.6/10
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #2719
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Anybody here saw the LeBron's movie More than a game?
I want to soooo bad!!! It was played in only 1 theater here in Houston. So I gotta watch it when it comes out on DVD, anyone know when it comes out on DVD???
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #2720
v-unit
NBA All-star

The Truman Show
9.3/10

A man is born on TV and lives his whole life in a fake world while being watched by millions of people 24 hours a day. Amazing movie and it just became one of my favourites of all time.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #2721
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

A Serious Man - 9/10
- Loved it probably more than No Country for Old Men. I'm not a Jew so I didn't identify with most of that stuff but I still found it interesting. I thought this movie had some really funny moments with the Jr. Rabbi, the teeth story, the Asian kid and other stuff. Great lead acting from that guy (whatever his name is) and I liked having this short look into his life even though nothing really happens.

Invictus - 7/10
- Clint Eastwood on auto-pilot again. Nothing great but even an underwhelming Eastwood movie is better than most of the stuff out there. A lot of the Mandela scenes felt like a somewhat dull history lesson. The rugby action was really well filmed though. I'm not a rugby fan nor do I really understand the sport but the action there was great.

- Amazing visuals. Maybe the best looking movie I have ever seen. Cliched single-dimensional characters with a plot that has been done many times before. Well told, but nothing really new story-wise.

Brothers - 7/10
- Boring first half redeemed by a tense 2nd half with great acting especially from the two brothers.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #2722
Fatal9
owwwww

Can't believe Avatar is going to take over Titanic while only being out a month and a half. Titanic was huge when it was out, everyone you knew had seen it, and the buzz around it hasn't been repeated since imo. Avatar doesn't seem to have that but still is going to be easily the biggest movie ever.

haven't seen a movie for a week, but the last one I saw was Big Fish and I'd give it 4/10.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #2723
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Can't believe Avatar is going to take over Titanic while only being out a month and a half. Titanic was huge when it was out, everyone you knew had seen it, and the buzz around it hasn't been repeated since imo. Avatar doesn't seem to have that but still is going to be easily the biggest movie ever.

haven't seen a movie for a week, but the last one I saw was Big Fish and I'd give it 4/10.
Well adjusting for inflation and for avatar's higher price avatar is still lagging.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #2724
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Inglourious Basterds
Been putting it off for a while now, but finally picked up a copy at my local Redbox. QT does a masterful job at building tension in the opening scene(best scene in the movie) as well as the scene in the tavern. The movie is classic Tarantino with graphic violence, snappy dialogue, and stylistic. At times, the dialogue and some of the scenes can be little lengthy, but not too boring. Very good movie with a good script and incredible performances. Landa was done perfectly by Christopher Waltz. Pitt made me laugh out loud at some moments, especially his French. Overall, a very good, entertaining movie.
88/100
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #2725
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I watched Nothing But Trouble last night after work. I saw that it was on television and I couldn't help myself. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.

My goodness... What was Dan Akroyd thinking (or smoking)? The plot was so far 'out there' and his performances were so completely over-the-top. You have to wonder how he got Chevy Chase, Demi Moore and John Candy to sign on, since all three were huge stars in '91.

It was worth watching, though, just for the Digital Underground special appearance with 2Pac relegated to a lowly hanger-on in the back.... Who would have known?

Anyway... Yep, it is one of the worst movies of all-time.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #2726
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I watched Nothing But Trouble last night after work. I saw that it was on television and I couldn't help myself. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.

My goodness... What was Dan Akroyd thinking (or smoking)? The plot was so far 'out there' and his performances were so completely over-the-top. You have to wonder how he got Chevy Chase, Demi Moore and John Candy to sign on, since all three were huge stars in '91.

It was worth watching, though, just for the Digital Underground special appearance with 2Pac relegated to a lowly hanger-on in the back.... Who would have known?

I love this movie. So bad, It's awesome.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #2727
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9

Really? I thought Big Fish was quite good. As a matter of fact, I think I'll download it and give it another watch.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #2728
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Really? I thought Big Fish was quite good. As a matter of fact, I think I'll download it and give it another watch.

Big Fish is one of the few movies that have made me cry. I really loved that movie.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #2729
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Big Fish was very enjoyable and completely underrated. Albert Finney was great in that role.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #2730
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

I've been looking for this movie for years, what channel was it on?

And I remember it being tripped out and the Digital Underground bit was a classic, especially looking back now with a young(er) Pac as basically an extra, just part of Shock G's posse.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: