Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #2926
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
thats fair enough. what was the last film you saw at the cinema- youve hardley posted any reviews of late and i need to know whats worth seeing...
oh I don't go to the movies that much...last time I went was early in the summer like in June I think when I saw Star Trek. That was the last time I went to the movie theater.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #2927
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
thats fair enough. what was the last film you saw at the cinema- youve hardley posted any reviews of late and i need to know whats worth seeing...
Nice save.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #2928
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

This is the second time I've seen this, which is worth something. Obviously it was worth watching again. The visuals are fantastic. They took everything "extraordinary" about Earth(naturally-occurring magnetism, bio-luminescence, etc) and applied it to the entire planet. From what we can tell, anyway.

The visuals are mostly fantastic, but the score and cinematography are fairly average. The acting at times is mediocre. The plot was predictable. Replace Indians with Aliens and South Dakota with Pandora, and you have a Dances With Wolves clone. Also, the acting was weak. This has been a bit overrated due to the visuals.

7.5/10

Did you see in the theaters again, or did you download the screener rip?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #2929
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Tonight I watched a DVD-Screener-Rip of Avatar
why would anyone do this? and then complain about how the film wasn't enjoyable...

story, characterization etc etc are all important, but when you are completely stripping the film of its biggest strength, visuals/cinematography, it's completely useless to a) watch it and b) rate/review it. like watching casablanca on mute or 2001 ASO on a sh*tty 700mb rip.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #2930
jbot
Future D1 Dad

just watched Temple Grandin last night. not bad for an hbo made movie. i give it 8/10.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #2931
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Trying to get my hands on one of the only Wim Wenders films I've never seen...'Until the End of the World'

Quote:
The film takes place in late 1999; there is an out-of-control nuclear satellite in orbit that is apt to reenter the atmosphere at any time, contaminating large areas of the earth. This has caused an increasing degree of disorder, with large numbers fleeing the likely impact sites. Amidst a traffic jam, the impatient and disconnected Claire Tourneur (Solveig Dommartin) escapes the congestion by driving off the highway, is told by her Dashboard Computer System that she has left the Map Zone Database and is on her own, and subsequently has a couple of odd encounters: first with a pair of bank robbers (which leaves her in possession of a large amount of cash and a promised cut of it), and then with a hitchhiker who is apparently being pursued by at least one armed party. Claire eventually discovers, after falling in love with the enigmatic fugitive, that he is the son of a scientist (played by Max von Sydow), and he has absconded with the working prototype from a secret research project. Multiple government agencies and some freelance bounty hunters are attempting to recover it.

The prototype is a device for recording and translating brain impulses—a camera for the blind—and her hitchhiker is travelling the world, filming his widely scattered family to show footage of them to his blind mother (Jeanne Moreau). The chase continues around the world, the nuclear satellite is shot down, causing an EMP effect that wipes out all unshielded electronics worldwide, and the characters wind up in a hidden cave in the Australian Outback, where the recordings are played back. After the death of the hitchhiker's mother, his scientist father discovers a way to use the device to record human dreams. Several of the central characters become addicted to viewing the playback of their own dreams, while Claire's estranged lover, a novelist, remains unaffected while he works on a novel about the adventure. It is this novel, ultimately, that rescues Claire from the throes of her addiction via the power of words.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #2932
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

gimmie your ratings for wenders best films man.

also, are you a fan jaramusch, egoyan, hal hartley, von trier etc?

i feel i can hide for no longer, beneath my all knowing, elitist film snob exteriour lies a very dark, dark secret, believe me ive done terrible things. it is a horrible, ugly thing.....i have never seen paris/texas or wings of desire!!!!(hangs head in shame)...... but even as i admit this there is no catharsis...my pain is constant and sharp....this confession has meant nothing
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #2933
ZeN
Stormblessed

I saw Waking Life again for 57th time and it was fantastic.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #2934
Anton Chigurh
Banned

I hope they serve beer in hell

just garbage. comedy was the same old. plot was stupid. acting was horrible and no chemistry at all.

0/10
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #2935
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh
I hope they serve beer in hell

just garbage. comedy was the same old. plot was stupid. acting was horrible and no chemistry at all.

0/10

I didn't like it all.. don't waste your time Shannon..
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #2936
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
why would anyone do this? and then complain about how the film wasn't enjoyable...

story, characterization etc etc are all important, but when you are completely stripping the film of its biggest strength, visuals/cinematography, it's completely useless to a) watch it and b) rate/review it. like watching casablanca on mute or 2001 ASO on a sh*tty 700mb rip.

How about you actually read my entire post before jumping to conclusions??

First off, the quality was actually pretty good, the MKV was over 2 GBs.

Second, I had already seen the film, and seeing it again without being distracted by the insane experience delivered by Dobly Surround, IMax Screen, and 3D glasses, I was more objectively able to assess OTHER parts of the movie that its visuals.

Third, didn't say it wasn't enjoyable, but WITHOUT the amazing visuals, I was more easily able to see the film for what it was: an average and predictable plot without any characters I could really care about.

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #2937
Waking_Life
We Are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I saw Waking Life again for 57th time and it was fantastic.

This dawg knowz wutz up.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #2938
NumeroOcho
Your Favorite Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
This dawg knowz wutz up.

*SMH*
NumeroOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #2939
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumeroOcho
*SMH*
dont hate on good taste
Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #2940
artex
♫♪♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
dont hate on good taste

don't bother with that guy, he has peanuts where a brain is supposed to be
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: