Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #2971
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHCf...eature=related
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #2972
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
What a beautiful, touching film. If you're a dog lover this is an absolute must-see. Definitely one of the best movies 0f 2009, and I had never even heard of it before stumbling upon it on a torrent site. Apparently this gem isn't even getting released in the US. For shame.

I have no complaints at all. Everything was good. Good acting, good cinematography(at times GREAT), and a fantastic score. This is just a wonderful story, with some underlying depth. See it. But be forewarned: it's a tear-jerker.

9/10
No can do.

I can tell by the cover and the title that the dog is going to die. That is the one thing that I simply cannot stomach. If the old guy bites it, I will certainly give it a watch. That kind of thing doesn't bother me in the least.

But, no doggy deaths. No can do.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #2973
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The trailer pretty much tells you what happens from start to finish though, so I guess it sort of spoils it. Mother****ers need to learn how to make trailers that don't show you the entire goddamn movie. I guess it suits RBA's needs though.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #2974
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
No can do.

I can tell by the cover and the title that the dog is going to die. That is the one thing that I simply cannot stomach. If the old guy bites it, I will certainly give it a watch. That kind of thing doesn't bother me in the least.

But, no doggy deaths. No can do.

Watch the trailer. I linked it in my review.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #2975
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everybody's Fine

iMDB
Rotten Tomatoes
Trailer

Take the RT page with a grain of salt; not only is this not a comedy, there's almost nothing even remotely funny about it. It's pretty much a straight-up drama. Quite somber most of the time, actually. "Dramedy" is even pretty inaccurate. Overall it's a solid film, if not a little slow to unravel. Cinematography and music really stood out. Deniro turned in a good performance, but the rest of the cast seemed to be pretty by-the-numbers. Of course, nothing here seemed particularly challenging anyway.

7/10
Old 02-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #2976
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Everybody's Fine

iMDB
Rotten Tomatoes
Trailer

Take the RT page with a grain of salt; not only is this not a comedy, there's almost nothing even remotely funny about it. It's pretty much a straight-up drama. Quite somber most of the time, actually. "Dramedy" is even pretty inaccurate. Overall it's a solid film, if not a little slow to unravel. Cinematography and music really stood out. Deniro turned in a good performance, but the rest of the cast seemed to be pretty by-the-numbers. Of course, nothing here seemed particularly challenging anyway.

7/10

I downloaded this about two hours ago.

Oh, and I'm going to use this post to say that I'm limiting myself to 10 OTC posts a day and 5 NBA forum posts a week. It will probably be less than that.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #2977
Anton Chigurh
Banned

Anton Chigurh has an OK reputation so far

8.8/10

way better than the first.

i am in love with rosario
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #2978
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hachiko: A Dog's Story

iMDB
Trailer

What a beautiful, touching film. If you're a dog lover this is an absolute must-see. Definitely one of the best movies 0f 2009, and I had never even heard of it before stumbling upon it on a torrent site. Apparently this gem isn't even getting released in the US. For shame.

I have no complaints at all. Everything was good. Good acting, good cinematography(at times GREAT), and a fantastic score. This is just a wonderful story, with some underlying depth. See it. But be forewarned: it's a tear-jerker.

8.7/10

just the trailer had me welling up like a 12 year old girl.

Looks good. Just from the cast and how well shot it looks I am surprised that it didn't get released.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #2979
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

8.7/10
Can you send me a torrent? I can't find it.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #2980
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Grasshopper, your search-fu is weak.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...ko?tab=summary
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #2981
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lymelife. Another solid Culkin bros coming of age teen flick in the Igby Goes Down vein. I don't know who the lead female was but she gave me a Natalie Portman "I'm a solid actor but won't ever be bigger than my looks" vibe. Best part of the whole thing is probably Timothy Hutton in his best role since Beautiful Girls. He plays a schizophrenic nutter having a midlife crisis and his suburban world tumbles around him, AKA the Doomsday Dallas Story. He's not the protagonist according to the movie but I shaped the story around him while watching it.

It's depressing, Alec Baldwin quits being so much of a dick at the end so I guess that's redeeming. 7/10.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #2982
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who's Your Monkey.... 8/10
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #2983
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Daybreakers ... 7/10

Avatar DVD screeners up on the net even though I've already seen it in theaters, wouldnt mind watching again :)
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #2984
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Screener is in an incorrect ratio.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #2985
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

shannon do you know where to find a stream of 'moon'

edit: found one

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 02-05-2010 at 02:39 AM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: