Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #3196
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4

now im thinking it may have been called one missed call.
just take the battery out
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #3197
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have both Paris, Texas and Wings of Desire on my PC waiting to be watched.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #3198
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
shame. im sure you've seen buena vista social club, i wasn't even aware that was WW until recently, lol.

herzog and wenders - the masters of features and docs.
I saw Collapse the other night. I've been thinking about it and will post my thoughts when I get a chance. Also saw Rape of Europa.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #3199
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
just take the battery out

no no, one of the characters tried that and it..............just kept ringing........so they answered it.......naturally.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #3200
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
boring review, its lacking your usual flair and detail. make the next one a paragraph atleast....
ok well this is what I wrote on my movie class discussion board:

After reading the text on scripts in our textbook, what stands out to me most is how when a script is written, the director and screenwriter select the actors and actresses to play different roles. Like I think its really tight how every actor and actress has their own unique qualities that they're good at and thats how they get their roles. I think Hitchcock did a great job in deciding to pick Cary Grant to play the role of Thornhill because to be honest, I really don't think there is anyone who could've played that role any better than Grant did, because he had to play basically two types of people, one as a advertising executive and the other as a secret agent which he did an amazing job on! So that's what stood out to me the most from our reading. Now for the director and designer staying true to what the script said, overall they stayed with the script, but there were some minor details they left of, which was Thornhill never wiped his face with a handkerchief, he never checked the time on his watch, well he did but not when the script said he did. So, I mean overall they did a a good job but there were some minor details they left of. I have never written a screenplay before but I really want to. Now for the movie, I thought it was a really good movie, really suspenseful, kept me on my feet the whole time. The story/plot was great, the action was good, and like I said earlier, the acting and actor choices was amazing. Just a great film overall, really enjoyed it!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #3201
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge

After reading the text on scripts in our textbook, what stands out to me most is how when a script is written, the director and screenwriter select the actors and actresses to play different roles. Like I think its really tight how every actor and actress has their own unique qualities that they're good at and thats how they get their roles. I think Hitchcock did a great job in deciding to pick Cary Grant to play the role of Thornhill because to be honest, I really don't think there is anyone who could've played that role any better than Grant did, because he had to play basically two types of people, one as a advertising executive and the other as a secret agent which he did an amazing job on! So that's what stood out to me the most from our reading. Now for the director and designer staying true to what the script said, overall they stayed with the script, but there were some minor details they left of, which was Thornhill never wiped his face with a handkerchief, he never checked the time on his watch, well he did but not when the script said he did. So, I mean overall they did a a good job but there were some minor details they left of. I have never written a screenplay before but I really want to. Now for the movie, I thought it was a really good movie, really suspenseful, kept me on my feet the whole time. The story/plot was great, the action was good, and like I said earlier, the acting and actor choices was amazing. Just a great film overall, really enjoyed it!
pure
Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #3202
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Nice.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #3203
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Paris, Texas

downloaded this a while ago, will watch soon
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #3204
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

you players need to actually watch paris texas.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #3205
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

props raj, you should write this amount every time, i like to see others giving their opinions in this thread, especially with detail. hopefully you will contribute more often....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #3206
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

These are so minor that they don't even need a mention, but nice.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #3207
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
props raj, you should write this amount every time, i like to see others giving their opinions in this thread, especially with detail. hopefully you will contribute more often....
I always post what movie I watched bro...every time I watch a movie I rate it on here...
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #3208
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Tailor of Panama - 8/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #3209
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Lightning Theif- 4/10: If you've never read the books you may enjoy this movie at about a 6/10 clip. But if you are a fan of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books (I am) you will prob be so frustrated you may walk out. I've never seen such a deviation from a novel as what happened in this movie.

They didn't introduce: the series' main antagonist, three main characters, and they destoryed the way things worked. It was just.... don't waste money on it if you like the books.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:35 AM   #3210
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
The Lightning Theif- 4/10: If you've never read the books you may enjoy this movie at about a 6/10 clip. But if you are a fan of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books (I am) you will prob be so frustrated you may walk out. I've never seen such a deviation from a novel as what happened in this movie.

They didn't introduce: the series' main antagonist, three main characters, and they destoryed the way things worked. It was just.... don't waste money on it if you like the books.

I was dissapointed to read that much about this movie was done wrong.

I was mainly lookin' for it to be solid because I will be taking my brother who is a big fan of the books, to see it. I hoped it would be decent enough for me to enjoy it.

I really hate how they always stray from the written material.. particularly since its already a proven product.

You would think that the main issue of story would be worked out. Yet, studios always find reasons to completely alter a good story.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: