Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #3331
vapid
Paranoid Android

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticVanilla
Honestly their quasi-homosexual relationship is irrelevant, whats important here is what movie I'm going to download tonight. So denizens of the OCL please recommend me a movie.
Battle Royale
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #3332
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
How old is Raj? a 95 doesn't seem unrealistic if he's in high school or if he has a nice teacher at college who doesn't grade to harshly.

thats the issue i have(well part of it) he said hes in college. surely they dont even award grades that high, raj out of interest what were everyone elses grades....i know grades are.....ahem....a little easier to come by over there. ive always been told that roughly 85/100 is the absolute top grade achievable no matter how good your paper is. im at one of the top universities in the country for media arts and 80-84 is the highest grade even heard of- and these are very talented/intelligent people. like i said grades are tougher to come by over here but 95%????
my cousin was a top ice hocky prospect who attended toronto/somewhere in the states and he was always telling me that you only have to turn up and you get A's, i always thought he was exagerating. now i know he wasnt.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #3333
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
How old is Raj? a 95 doesn't seem unrealistic if he's in high school or if he has a nice teacher at college who doesn't grade to harshly.

A 95 isn't unrealistic at college if you have a brain and can write intelligently. Problem is, most of the people are ****ing illiterate ****s who can't spell or use any proper grammar if their life depended on it. To be fair, obviously, there are those asshole teachers and won't give a high-grade, even if earned, simply because they don't want to.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #3334
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I know. I thought maybe you were asking for a different critique. Pay up, my services aren't free.
I wasn't though...
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #3335
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
thats the issue i have(well part of it) he said hes in college. surely they dont even award grades that high, raj out of interest what were everyone elses grades....i know grades are.....ahem....a little easier to come by over there. ive always been told that roughly 85/100 is the absolute top grade achievable no matter how good your paper is. im at one of the top universities in the country for media arts and 80-84 is the highest grade even heard of- and these are very talented/intelligent people. like i said grades are tougher to come by over here but 95%????
my cousin was a top ice hocky prospect who attended toronto/somewhere in the states and he was always telling me that you only have to turn up and you get A's, i always thought he was exagerating. now i know he wasnt.
Its way different for british unis, I know that at my uni a 70% was a first and no one got above 80-85%. American unis are completely different grade inflation runs rampant.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #3336
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Its way different for british unis, I know that at my uni a 70% was a first and no one got above 80-85%. American unis are completely different grade inflation runs rampant.

Yeah, European and American schools are a lot different when it comes to that. My family is all French and lives there, so I'm familiar with the grading and how different it is over there compared to America.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #3337
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

So it's between Battle Royale and Slammin Salmon, I'll try to find them, if I can't then I guess I'll go with Memento, never seen it an people seem to like it so I guess that'll be my fall back plan.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #3338
UK-NJ
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4

You read his critique, though. It was pretty damn flawless.

Last film I watched was There Will Be Blood (for about the 3rd or 4th time.. I see it on TV & end up getting pulled in) which I'd give a 9/10, I think. DDL's performance is one of the many highlights. Great soundtrack, too.

Last edited by UK-NJ : 04-11-2010 at 02:06 AM.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #3339
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

here

those are my grades in that class.

shit thought u can't see anything. yall know a way to make it bigger?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #3340
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

aite thats better!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #3341
UK-NJ
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge

aite thats better!

Nice work on the screenshot.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #3342
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
here

those are my grades in that class.

shit thought u can't see anything. yall know a way to make it bigger?

Lol, don't even bother. The only reason he's so skeptical is because of how differently their grading system is over there. A 95 in Europe is just about never heard of. Grades are not treated the same way.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #3343
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Lol, don't even bother. The only reason he's so skeptical is because of how differently their grading system is over there. A 95 in Europe is just about never heard of. Grades are not treated the same way.
oh ok got u lol. U know the grading system here right? U go to school here? Or went? idk how old u are so i cant tell.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 AM   #3344
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Whats the point of that? if an 85 is the highest you can get why do they have 15 more numbers above it that are impossible to receive? Is that where sexual favors for your professor come in play.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #3345
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid

so is 70% not a first in the u.s? i appreciate things are inflated over there but 95%!! lets not play down raj's genuis, obviously.... but 95/100? that means it was close to being as good an acedemic achievement as is actually possible. lets say he actually included a couple of sentences of critical analysis- that would give him 100% easily. so 100% on every paper all through your course is pretty much standared? how exactly do people(employers etc) decifer the value of peoples first with hons(whatever equivilant you have) with 100% on all papers....is it purely down to the institution you attend?

raj...you need to start getting your stuff published.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: